Author Topic: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD  (Read 279251 times)

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Re: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD
« Reply #1610 on: September 05, 2013, 11:10:45 AM »
JP is staring into our souls in that video.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #1611 on: September 05, 2013, 11:12:01 AM »
I was expecting them to speak and say something. They looked a bit unconfortable in their forced silence. :D
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #1612 on: September 05, 2013, 11:16:52 AM »
I found this:

"Pre-book Order Date October 11, MSRP $19.98 Blu-ray, $17.98 2DVD, $44.98 2DVD/3CD, $49.98 Blu-ray/3CD, $109.98 Blu-ray, 2DVD, 3CD"

Here:

https://www.musicnewsnashville.com/dream-theaters-live-luna-park-2dvd-blu-ray-digital-video-deluxe-editions-november-5

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1613 on: September 05, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »
Not quite sure what that is about. The Deluxe 3CD/2DVD/1BD is about 33£ on amazon.co.uk ???
- Marco

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1614 on: September 05, 2013, 11:23:10 AM »
Yeah, that was my thought too.  Maybe it's because these are just MSRP and the actual prices will be less?

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1615 on: September 05, 2013, 11:24:52 AM »
I found this:

"Pre-book Order Date October 11, MSRP $19.98 Blu-ray, $17.98 2DVD, $44.98 2DVD/3CD, $49.98 Blu-ray/3CD, $109.98 Blu-ray, 2DVD, 3CD"

Here:

https://www.musicnewsnashville.com/dream-theaters-live-luna-park-2dvd-blu-ray-digital-video-deluxe-editions-november-5

That can't be correct, since the press release says that the only way to get the CDs is in the Deluxe edition.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1616 on: September 05, 2013, 11:28:49 AM »
I found this:

Here:

That can't be correct, since the press release says that the only way to get the CDs is in the Deluxe edition.

. . . don't kill the messenger  :biggrin:

Really the only thing I was looking at was an actual date for pre-orders.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1617 on: September 05, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »
^ Haha no problem  :) I preordered the deluxe version on Amazon UK just in case, to lock in the lower price. It is NTSC, so it will play just fine on my Bluray player. If it ends up being cheaper or the same price on Amazon USA, I'll cancel my UK order and preorder it. If not, I'll keep the UK order :)

Also, very cool about the multi-angles for Outcry. I really enjoyed that feature on the Budokan disc for Instrumedley.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1618 on: September 05, 2013, 11:58:09 AM »
Havent' seen anymore talk about the app...Is this still going on or was it nixed?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1619 on: September 05, 2013, 12:04:03 PM »
Until I see a promotional video with ACTUAL concert audio, I'm not touching this. Sorry, but it's been so delayed and so miscommunicated with fans, that I now am less excited about this release, and more just wondering "what are they hiding?".

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1620 on: September 05, 2013, 12:14:23 PM »
Why does it have to be anything to hide? Couldn't there simply have been some promotional problem with Eagle Rock (they may have had a schedule on their own or whatnot) or any issue with the management? And anyway, we had actual audio on the Mativision trailer, right?
- Marco

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1621 on: September 05, 2013, 12:47:20 PM »
Why does it have to be anything to hide? Couldn't there simply have been some promotional problem with Eagle Rock (they may have had a schedule on their own or whatnot) or any issue with the management? And anyway, we had actual audio on the Mativision trailer, right?
It doesn't have to be. It just feels that way, to me.

I forgot about Mativision. That audio definitely sounded like it was some kind of preproduction thing though.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1622 on: September 05, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »
Where's the preorder for the US?....

Nowhere..  :facepalm:

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #1623 on: September 05, 2013, 02:19:21 PM »
Until I see a promotional video with ACTUAL concert audio, I'm not touching this. Sorry, but it's been so delayed and so miscommunicated with fans, that I now am less excited about this release, and more just wondering "what are they hiding?".

They can't use the intro music from Hans Zimmer because of licensing issues. There was a theory that they want to replace it with "False Awakening Suite" for the BluRay but RR wants to wait until after the album's release - therefore the delay.

I don't quite buy why they can't release the BluRay with "False Awakening Suite" beforehand, but I think that it's likely that they will use it.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #1624 on: September 05, 2013, 02:25:06 PM »
That seems wildly unlikely to me.  They're just going to paste the opening track from DT's next album onto the beginning of the set?  That doesn't make any sense. 

The beginning of Bridges in the Sky will open the film just fine.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1625 on: September 05, 2013, 02:34:20 PM »
I don't quite buy why they can't release the BluRay with "False Awakening Suite" beforehand, but I think that it's likely that they will use it.
Because that would be lame as hell.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Meatrose

• Built for heavy lifting
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Let me show you my new means of transportation...
« Reply #1626 on: September 05, 2013, 02:34:57 PM »
They did say that they had to replace the audio for the intro due to licensing issues with the Hans Zimmer song so yeah, I've been thinking the same basically.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1627 on: September 05, 2013, 02:35:27 PM »
That seems wildly unlikely to me.  They're just going to paste the opening track from DT's next album onto the beginning of the set?  That doesn't make any sense. 

The beginning of Bridges in the Sky will open the film just fine.
They're definitely including the cartoon - it's a bonus feature and everything - so I doubt they'll cut straight to Bridges in the Sky. It's just a matter of matching it to a track.

False Awakening Suite was deliberately written as an Inception-alike. Whatever they put on it, it's not going to be the same music that was played on the night, so I don't personally see a massive problem with it being FAS. Think Hell's Kitchen seems like a plausible choice, as it's a non-anachronistic song that crescendos nicely.

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #1628 on: September 05, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »
Sure, but the cartoon is a bonus feature rather than a part of the film.  There's no reason to believe the film proper begins with a piece of DT12. 

FAS could underscore the cartoon, but I refuse to believe that the primary cause of Luna Park's delay was so that the band could record and release a replacement for Zimmer in the studio.  That doesn't make any sense, from a practical or business standpoint, considering they could have used Hell's Kitchen or just released the cartoon on Youtube at a later date.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1629 on: September 05, 2013, 03:17:47 PM »

They can't use the intro music from Hans Zimmer because of licensing issues. There was a theory that they want to replace it with "False Awakening Suite" for the BluRay but RR wants to wait until after the album's release - therefore the delay.

If I recall correctly (and correct me if Im' wrong), something similar happened in the Budokan DVD where Zappa section had some Zappa footage on the screen and they do not show any of this during the DVD. I think MP covered this on his Budokan drumming DVD. He mentioned licensing issues as well (can't recall if it was cost or just how long it takes to deal with it).

Offline FsF

« Reply #1630 on: September 05, 2013, 04:01:56 PM »
I'm still disappointed about the lack of a commentary track. Oh well, I suppose MP was the reason behind those happening.

Especially since it was the clear winner in the poll a few months ago, that supposedly had some sway with the creators. Ah well, the package still sounds good, so we can but hope for next time.

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #1631 on: September 05, 2013, 05:01:08 PM »
I thought there was an interview with MM where he stated that the delay was due to them wanting to pack so much onto the discs? To me it doesnt seem enough to warrant a year (thereabouts) of a delay. But as long as the footage and sound is better than CIM, then its all good.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1632 on: September 05, 2013, 05:03:32 PM »
Sure, but the cartoon is a bonus feature rather than a part of the film.  There's no reason to believe the film proper begins with a piece of DT12. 

FAS could underscore the cartoon, but I refuse to believe that the primary cause of Luna Park's delay was so that the band could record and release a replacement for Zimmer in the studio.  That doesn't make any sense, from a practical or business standpoint, considering they could have used Hell's Kitchen or just released the cartoon on Youtube at a later date.
Might be missing something - who said it was the primary cause of Luna Park's delay? I think it's likely to have been complex audio issues, mixed with a desire to avoid the S/T release schedule.

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #1633 on: September 05, 2013, 05:04:21 PM »
^

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1634 on: September 05, 2013, 05:05:58 PM »
^

Aha! Yes, I missed something, then. Continue!

Offline adastra

« Reply #1635 on: September 05, 2013, 11:29:19 PM »
Woohoo!  Finnish music store Levykauppa Äx  finally got the preoders going!
https://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/dream_theater/
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1636 on: September 06, 2013, 12:17:01 AM »
Deluxe edition 61,95€?! :faint: Luckily I always wanted the standard DVD edition.

Offline adastra

« Reply #1637 on: September 06, 2013, 12:23:48 AM »
Deluxe edition 61,95€?! :faint: Luckily I always wanted the standard DVD edition.

Well, It really is a little bit pricey :E
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1638 on: September 06, 2013, 12:26:55 AM »
It's twice as expensive as the standard edition and I think that's way too much. But as I said, I'll be happy enough with the basic 2DVD because I rarely play live CDs.

Offline adastra

« Reply #1639 on: September 06, 2013, 12:33:47 AM »
It's twice as expensive as the standard edition and I think that's way too much. But as I said, I'll be happy enough with the basic 2DVD because I rarely play live CDs.

Same goes for me.. I'm not even that interested anymore about this DVD anymore.  I'll buy it , of course!

Offline Meatrose

• Built for heavy lifting
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Let me show you my new means of transportation...
« Reply #1640 on: September 06, 2013, 12:41:45 AM »
That sounds a bit expensive. I ordered my deluxe box at amazon.co.uk and the total was £37.13 ($57.94 / 44 EUR) which includes postage and packaging.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1641 on: September 06, 2013, 01:16:29 AM »
I'm nut sure anymore if I should preorder any of the versions at all. Probably I'll go for the DVD, but my main interest are the CDs, and since they are only available through the deluxe thing which is too expensive for me, I hope there will at least be some mp3 versions on Amazon :dunno:

Offline Jinx

« Reply #1642 on: September 06, 2013, 01:25:20 AM »
I'm nut sure anymore if I should preorder any of the versions at all. Probably I'll go for the DVD, but my main interest are the CDs, and since they are only available through the deluxe thing which is too expensive for me, I hope there will at least be some mp3 versions on Amazon :dunno:

Theyve said an mp3 version will be on iTunes

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1643 on: September 06, 2013, 01:32:19 AM »
The problem is that it's iTunes :P

Offline Jinx

« Reply #1644 on: September 06, 2013, 01:49:42 AM »
The problem is that it's iTunes :P

Absolutely agree!!

I also agree that as soon as the self titled release is out of the way, there needs to be another trailer with audio.