Author Topic: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD  (Read 279294 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD
« Reply #630 on: May 14, 2013, 08:19:26 AM »
It seems they've finished creating the Bluray disc, so I can't imagine it would take 6 months at this point to release it. I don't even think the album will take that long to be released.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Meatrose

• Built for heavy lifting
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Let me show you my new means of transportation...
« Reply #631 on: May 14, 2013, 09:59:39 AM »
Yeah it feels as if it's too long of a postponement to be true but then again, these concerts were recorded in August of 2012 - even a May 2013 release date comes off as really late to me but this is probably the first time I've been looking forward to a live release this much and followed the development this closely so perhaps it's standard procedure. Even so, the fact that they released an official trailer that said that it would be released in May 2013 and that now, half-way through May, there has not been one official word on what's going on makes you wonder what indeed is going on behind the scenes. Postponing the release from May to like July makes some sense from a sales point of view since that might help create a higher demand for the new album that is supposedly going to be released "at the end of summer". But November...

It's not that I can't patiently wait for the release, I'm not in a hurry to see it as the experience will be just as lovely in November as it would have been now but the lack of official announcements is quite strange in my opinion.

On a completely unrelated note... awesome newsflash is awesome.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #632 on: May 14, 2013, 10:00:28 AM »
Holy crap! CDON.se (the biggest online music store in Sweden) is now saying that the preliminary release date for Live at Luna Park is November 4th 2013. I sure hope that they're wrong.

Nope. They are not the only one. There's a record label forum that I frequent a lot and the owner said the same thing. That he is hearing for a Nov. release.

:'(

At this point, we have to understand whatever is happening. People at OTE post pictures of themselves enjoying a copy of the DVD in their living room, which means that the DVD is at an extremely advanced state, probably even completed. We got told on April 23rd by JP that he was then confident that an announcement would have come within a couple of weeks. Then we read on random websites unconfirmed release dates stating first June and then July. Three weeks pass and now we seem to have educated (?) rumors that the release date might still be half a year away from now. What the hell?  :-[
Hmm... yeah, that's a really good point.

What if the band aren’t being held-up by the production, but some kind of external (legal?) issues?

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
« Reply #633 on: May 14, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »
I'm thinking about something external too.

Offline Ytsejammin

• The biggest DT freak in Idaho
« Reply #634 on: May 14, 2013, 10:32:14 AM »
Could MPs absence possibly account for the perceived delay in release? SCORE and CIM were out pretty quick.
Through natures inflexible grace , I\'m learning to live.

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #635 on: May 14, 2013, 10:38:19 AM »
If this turns out to be true, I will be extremely disappointed. Its laughable when you think there was brief talk on whether they would have it out for holiday season past year...

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #636 on: May 14, 2013, 10:42:13 AM »
We are coming close to Wintersun territory timing wise :lol

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #637 on: May 14, 2013, 10:44:49 AM »
Could MPs absence possibly account for the perceived delay in release? SCORE and CIM were out pretty quick.
I don't think so.

From a production standpoint, Score was just the latest DVD DT put out in a decade that had already seen three of 'em. They probably had it down to a science, whereas this BluRay with 360 degree angles and all is new territory for DT. They've never released something of this magnitutde before.

CIM was out pretty quick because they barely worked on it at all, which is why barely anyone ever bother watching it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #638 on: May 14, 2013, 10:46:27 AM »
If this turns out to be true, I will be extremely disappointed. Its laughable when you think there was brief talk on whether they would have it out for holiday season past year...
They must've been talking about THIS holiday season.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #639 on: May 14, 2013, 10:47:51 AM »
Hmm... yeah, that's a really good point.

What if the band aren’t being held-up by the production, but some kind of external (legal?) issues?

From a purely logical standpoint an external cause to the delay would be the one to make the most sense. Of course reality is one and we have no knowledge of it yet, so it could really be just anything. But at this point I think the odds are that it's not a production issue.

Whatever it is, let's hope the band figures out how to get out of it soon (I am assuming that they still have to, otherwise why waiting to put out a statement or a release date? They are not stupid nor blind, they would have told us immiediately if whatever problem had been resolved at some point in the past days).
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #640 on: May 14, 2013, 10:56:15 AM »
I don't think so.

From a production standpoint, Score was just the latest DVD DT put out in a decade that had already seen three of 'em. They probably had it down to a science, whereas this BluRay with 360 degree angles and all is new territory for DT. They've never released something of this magnitutde before.

CIM was out pretty quick because they barely worked on it at all, which is why barely anyone ever bother watching it.
This is the only situation I can legitimately consider when I'm thinking about this situation. There is so much new material for them on this DVD. I bet we will see a quicker turn around on the next DVD because it will also be on blu-ray and should have some special features. There is a first time for everything and they want to make sure they get it right the first time.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #641 on: May 14, 2013, 11:02:24 AM »
I don't think so.

Also, they weren't writing and recording a new album almost simultaneously.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #642 on: May 14, 2013, 11:09:27 AM »

As long as we don't get to Tool levels we're safe  :P
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #643 on: May 14, 2013, 11:12:06 AM »

The last Tool album came out in May 2006. SInce then DT have put out three studio albums with a new one this year making four.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #644 on: May 14, 2013, 11:18:30 AM »
Nooooo, not another delay! :'( I hope this won't affect the release schedule of the studio album, since they probably want to get the DVD out first. Besides, if the OTE crew have their copies already, why would the release date be delayed so much?

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #645 on: May 14, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »
Just reminding you guys that this is all speculation. We don't know that there is any actual delay until the band says so. The tentative release date is this month, but we've never actually had an official release date set.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #646 on: May 14, 2013, 11:28:13 AM »
Yeah, I'm not expecting it to be true (yet) and I hope I will be right :-\

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #647 on: May 14, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »
I don't want to bitch but really we need ANY info we can get. An official "we don't know what the fuck is going on either"-statement from the band would be an awful lot better than silence. Whenever we have it, it's gonna be amazing, but we should have had it already, it's done, there's just no reason to wait, unless the reason is external, and I wish they would tell us why is this so.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #648 on: May 14, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »

The last Tool album came out in May 2006. SInce then DT have put out three studio albums with a new one this year making four.

When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #649 on: May 14, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »
I don't want to bitch but really we need ANY info we can get. An official "we don't know what the fuck is going on either"-statement from the band would be an awful lot better than silence. Whenever we have it, it's gonna be amazing, but we should have had it already, it's done, there's just no reason to wait, unless the reason is external, and I wish they would tell us why is this so.

Their was no official announcement by the band ever. Only OTE said stuff and it looks like they shouldnt have.

I do enjoy the funnies that were a consequence of their action.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #650 on: May 14, 2013, 12:10:16 PM »

Right? :lol

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #651 on: May 14, 2013, 12:15:16 PM »
Sorry for the OT, but Wintersun levels wouldn't be any better :lol Their debut came out in 2004 and the first half of the second album wasn't released until last year and the second half will be out later.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #652 on: May 14, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »
Sorry for the OT, but Wintersun levels wouldn't be any better :lol Their debut came out in 2004 and the first half of the second album wasn't released until last year and the second half will be out later.

Seriously? I was convinced that they had already released three album, not just two!
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #653 on: May 14, 2013, 12:20:38 PM »

10,000 Days (2006)
Systematic Chaos (2007)
Black Clouds & Silver Linings (2009)
A Dramatic Turn of Events (2011)
DT 12 (2013)

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #654 on: May 14, 2013, 12:26:08 PM »

Seriously? I was convinced that they had already released three album, not just two!
Wintersun released one and a half :D

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #655 on: May 14, 2013, 12:34:31 PM »
You guys might not realize this, but the Styx album from 2003 (the only full studio album of new music without Dennis DeYoung) is arguably even better than their 1970s stuff.

Dream Theater has come out with 5 (will be 6) albums since then plus all the live albums and bootlegs, and Styx has come out with like 3 songs (that clearly Tommy Shaw just kinda threw together), two live albums, two EPs of re-recordings, and a cover album. This really really really sucks if you like Styx as much as I do (which btw is almost impossible).

Offline Orion1967

« Reply #656 on: May 14, 2013, 01:13:48 PM »
Survey says: Unlikely
Cool Story Bro. 

Tell it again

Offline Orion1967

« Reply #657 on: May 14, 2013, 01:18:10 PM »
You guys might not realize this, but the Styx album from 2003 (the only full studio album of new music without Dennis DeYoung) is arguably even better than their 1970s stuff.

Dream Theater has come out with 5 (will be 6) albums since then plus all the live albums and bootlegs, and Styx has come out with like 3 songs (that clearly Tommy Shaw just kinda threw together), two live albums, two EPs of re-recordings, and a cover album. This really really really sucks if you like Styx as much as I do (which btw is almost impossible).
Not to stray off topic but the Blu Ray of Grand Illusion/Pieces of Eight live is freaking amazing...   :metal
Cool Story Bro. 

Tell it again

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #658 on: May 14, 2013, 01:24:30 PM »
I know everyone (myself included) is getting impatient, but try to hold on.  I don't know anything and haven't asked, but if I am told anything that I am allowed to share, I'll share it with you all the moment I know. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #659 on: May 14, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »
I know everyone (myself included) is getting impatient, but try to hold on.  I don't know anything and haven't asked, but if I am told anything that I am allowed to share, I'll share it with you all the moment I know.

:tup

The only thing that kind of worries me is that I hope the new studio album doesn't get delayed till next year.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #660 on: May 14, 2013, 02:00:30 PM »
This is... far from confirmed. There's more evidence for June than for November.

But if it has been delayed to November, I imagine it'd be for boring, marketing reasons, rather than production reasons. Intention might be to delay it to keep it away from the album to make sure they're not releasing everything at once, not treading on each other's toes. Better for chart positions, better for hype, better for everything. Worse for fans, but mixed blessing - might mean we're closer to an album than we think. The CD and the DVD certainly seem to be signing off at similar times. Once you include the promo period, there might not be time to release them both this summer.

Again, though, it's very plausibly just a hollow grumble.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #661 on: May 14, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »

The only thing that kind of worries me is that I hope the new studio album doesn't get delayed till next year.

I don't see that happening.. Not since they've finished all the tracking bar vocals. If James finishes vocals in May. That leaves Mixing and mastering for June and the album will be done, done, DONE !

I'd say about three months for promo etc and we're looking at a mid to late September release.

This is just an estimate though based on absolutely nothing.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #662 on: May 14, 2013, 02:12:57 PM »

I don't see that happening.. Not since they've finished all the tracking bar vocals. If James finishes vocals in May. That leaves Mixing and mastering for June and the album will be done, done, DONE !

I'd say about three months for promo etc and we're looking at a mid to late September release.

This is just an estimate though based on absolutely nothing.

Yeah that's what I also estimated, a Sept release. I would expect the live dvd first and then the new studio album. Unless they pull out a "Porcupine Tree" like with the Anesthetize DVD which was released later after they released The Incident. I think that's what is going to happen.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #663 on: May 14, 2013, 02:18:04 PM »
...next year. When Time I came out, Time II was announced to come out 2013, now it seems to be early 2014 and I bet my ass and balls that it will be at least mid 2014, if not even later.
Come on Jari, I love your music, but FUCK your time schedule. But I'm still lucky compared to the guys who had to wait for Time I since I only became a fan last year :D

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #664 on: May 14, 2013, 02:26:39 PM »

Not to stray off topic but the Blu Ray of Grand Illusion/Pieces of Eight live is freaking amazing...   :metal

YES! another awesome person on this forum!!! I saw the exact show live in Las Vegas last year (my 13th Styx concert btw) and of course it was awesome!!  :omg: It is the most incredible thing how they manage those harmonies, and I know just how difficult those high harmonies are, being in a Styx tribute band. It's still a dream of mine for Styx and Dream Theater to tour together one day. One day.. Styx could sure learn a lot from them when it comes to mixing up the setlist and playing new songs live!

oh and BTW that DVD took a year and 2 months to come out. And almost no mention or updates for it during the in-between time. And they act like such an "oldies" band- it came out January last year and they still call it their brand new DVD  :facepalm:

And after all that, I think Live at Luna Park just might very well knock GIPO8 into second place for live DVDs.