Author Topic: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD  (Read 278331 times)

Offline Shadow2222

Re: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD
« Reply #805 on: May 19, 2013, 07:16:23 AM »
Lol, I just saw that I put Score is their best love album. I'm not even going to fix it because it cracks me up.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #806 on: May 19, 2013, 07:17:32 AM »
I considered pointing out about it, but in the end didn't do it ;D

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #807 on: May 19, 2013, 10:38:02 AM »
I'm not sure if the 'november release theory' has been discredited yet or not (didn't feel like reading through nine pages), but if the DVD isn't ready til November, that means that it took longer to release the DVD than it took DT to finish up the tour, take a two month break, write a new album, record a new album, and release the fuckin new album. Does anyone else think that's just a bit ridiculous?
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #808 on: May 19, 2013, 10:44:52 AM »
Yea a little
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #809 on: May 19, 2013, 11:26:40 AM »
Lol, I just saw that I put Score is their best love album. I'm not even going to fix it because it cracks me up.
It IS their best love album ever. Lots to love. :metal

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #810 on: May 19, 2013, 12:54:10 PM »
I'm not sure if the 'november release theory' has been discredited yet or not (didn't feel like reading through nine pages), but if the DVD isn't ready til November, that means that it took longer to release the DVD than it took DT to finish up the tour, take a two month break, write a new album, record a new album, and release the fuckin new album. Does anyone else think that's just a bit ridiculous?

:lol :lol that's pretty funny when you think about it XD but it's already taken that long minus the releasing the new album part and finish recording, but even that might be done in the next month or two when the DVD more likely comes out

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #811 on: May 19, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »
Looks like Kotowboy's meme was right for me :lol

Aw. :(

I'm sure I'll have plenty chance to watch it afterwards, and believe me, I will. :)
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #812 on: May 19, 2013, 02:53:22 PM »
If, and I stress, IF the DVD is out by the time you get back from your mission.  :lol
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #813 on: May 19, 2013, 04:11:53 PM »
If, and I stress, IF the DVD is out by the time you get back from your mission.  :lol

:dangerwillrobinson:
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #814 on: May 19, 2013, 05:44:39 PM »
 :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #815 on: May 19, 2013, 07:07:45 PM »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #816 on: May 20, 2013, 05:43:09 AM »
may 20th.  This DVD ain't coming.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #817 on: May 20, 2013, 09:04:10 AM »
I don't know who promoted (band, management, over the edge productions) the "trailer" back in feb the 1st but that move was mistaken so say the least. Besides, that video didn't contain live concert audio because OTE had not ended their work. Why, then, did they launch the promo without having everything under control? The explanation given by JP to DTNorway just sounded politically correct but not sincere at all. The size of audio information is not the cause of the delay 'cause every live concert should be postponed then.  I want DT to be vocal about this and say the truth because we are the clients who in the end will purchase their product and deserve some info.

What do you think?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #818 on: May 20, 2013, 09:06:14 AM »
I know i'm not the biggest fan of MP here ( like, duh ) but I wonder if there are any legal issues with songs that he played on delaying the release ?

I'm certain that all the info will be revealed eventually.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #819 on: May 20, 2013, 09:07:26 AM »
I know i'm not the biggest fan of MP here ( like, duh ) but I wonder if there are any legal issues with songs that he played on delaying the release ?

I can't see how.  I am sure all of that kind of stuff would have been worked out legally by the lawyers of both sides when the official split happened. 

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #820 on: May 20, 2013, 09:09:40 AM »
May The root of all evil be the reason for the delay as it was part of The Twelve suit saga...???? Maybe...

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #821 on: May 20, 2013, 09:14:45 AM »
It wasn't all that long ago we got news from OTE about having finished the disc. I believe it's nothing more than production delays in getting everything done. I don't think it has anything to do with MP. If there were any potential issues there, you'd think they'd have it sorted out before filming the thing.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #822 on: May 20, 2013, 09:19:17 AM »
There have already been a couple of delays. I remember that last year Labrie said that the dvd would be released at the end of 2012 or beginning of 2013. Some weeks later OTE said april or May were the most possible months for the release. Then, they launched a promo video to show the mativision "3D" feature with SIX setting May as the release date....and time goes by...

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #823 on: May 20, 2013, 09:45:20 AM »
I think the major issue right now might be the app/dvd interaction thing. That's something DT has never tackled. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Richard Chycky was working double duties with the live audio of the DVD and the new DT recording. And maybe DT decided to give priority to the recording process (at least the early stages).

Offline JPX

« Reply #824 on: May 20, 2013, 09:49:42 AM »
- I'd love a new Petrucci solo album, the songs on youtube from the G3 tour are great.

Okay sorry for slight derail, I don't post often and I'm tired and wanted to get that out there :)

I think that's the one release I'm most excited to see come to fruition - more so than a new DT album. Suspended Animation is a favorite of mine and the new songs sound great.

Remember after they chose Mangini, John said he would love to record with Marco? I would love to see him play on JP's solo album.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #825 on: May 20, 2013, 10:06:38 AM »
Remember after they chose Mangini, John said he would love to record with Marco? I would love to see him play on JP's solo album.

I'm not sure that will happen. According to Marco JP told him that he wanted the same drummer to play with him in the new G3 tour and in the album. Since Marco wasn't able to do the tour and Mangini filled the spot...
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #826 on: May 20, 2013, 10:10:46 AM »
goo-goo: I agree with you. Some instrumental and vocal parts may have been overdubbed or re-recorded and Richard might have been working on that.

Offline JPX

« Reply #827 on: May 20, 2013, 10:16:56 AM »

I'm not sure that will happen. According to Marco JP told him that he wanted the same drummer to play with him in the new G3 tour and in the album. Since Marco wasn't able to do the tour and Mangini filled the spot...

Yeah that's too bad. I think a John/Marco combo would be amazing. I also think Marco would push John with his songwriting because he comes out of left field so much with his style.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #828 on: May 20, 2013, 10:23:38 AM »
Even though the trailer was released, it was really only half-done, including no concert audio. Honestly, looked more like a tour promo, and I still kinda wonder why they bothered releasing it at that point. It's only caused an extended peroid of heartache here it seems.

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #829 on: May 20, 2013, 10:30:10 AM »
Even though the trailer was released, it was really only half-done, including no concert audio. Honestly, looked more like a tour promo, and I still kinda wonder why they bothered releasing it at that point. It's only caused an extended peroid of heartache here it seems.

Ιt's good that they released it, at least we got a glimpse of what's to come.
The strange thing is that they put a May release and so far it is unknown when it is coming, while JP said in the DTnorway interview that we would get info soon enough.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #830 on: May 20, 2013, 10:42:59 AM »
may 20th.  This DVD ain't coming.

Um..yeah it is. Just not in may  :P
Don't worry people, it will come out, just later than we hoped. It's not the end of the world..

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #831 on: May 20, 2013, 10:46:18 AM »
Don't worry people, it will come out, just later than we hoped. It's not the end of the world..

How are you so sure? Maybe the powers of the universe were also eager to see this DVD and are now getting angry at the lack of info which will end in the destruction of everything...
You didn't consider that possibility did you?
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #832 on: May 20, 2013, 10:47:02 AM »
If the July date is the correct one, then it will have been 11 months since the Luna Park shows were played. MP left in September 2010 and a year after that DT already released a new album with a new drummer - that means that getting this DVD out will have taken almost as much time.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #833 on: May 20, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »

How are you so sure? Maybe the powers of the universe were also eager to see this DVD and are now getting angry at the lack of info which will end in the destruction of everything...

touché....but at that point it wont really matter now will it?  :P

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #834 on: May 20, 2013, 11:31:38 AM »

touché....but at that point it wont really matter now will it?  :P

I don't think that will happen, but tell you what- I'll make you a bet. If the universe doesn't end, you buy me my copy of the deluxe version of Luna Park when it comes out. If the universe does end, you can have my money, house, car, and DTF account. (Credit's to nigahiga for the idea)

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #835 on: May 20, 2013, 11:32:37 AM »
Just think of it this way guys, once the DVD is out, we won't even care how long it took because we'll be shitting ourselves from how awesome it is.

Offline TheAtliator

Offline Curt

« Reply #837 on: May 20, 2013, 11:42:27 AM »
https://www.emp-online.co.uk/dream-theater-live-at-luna-park-2-dvd/art_260414/

"Available from 26.07.2013 - Pre-order today"

Not sure I like that cover  ::)

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #838 on: May 20, 2013, 11:46:27 AM »
This is kind of random, but I was wondering if anyone who was at the show or talked to someone who was at the show knows- how did they do on that part in Metropolis Part 1 that they occasionally mess up? Did they nail it for the DVD?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #839 on: May 20, 2013, 12:07:25 PM »
The Live At Luna Park DVD cover reminds me of Chaos in Motion for some reason. Maybe just the colours.