Author Topic: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD  (Read 278753 times)

Offline countoftuscany42

Re: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD
« Reply #1120 on: May 30, 2013, 09:25:36 AM »
From OTE:
Official Press Release: Dream Theater began their mammoth “A Dramatic Tour Of Events” world trek in July 2011 with the final leg in South America taking place in August 2012. It was here at the Luna Park Arena in Buenos Aires, Argentina that they decided to film the two nights. Those two shows will encompass Live At Luna Park, a very special DVD to be released this fall via Eagle Rock Entertainment.

Due to extenuating circumstances, the release date for Live At Luna Park has been pushed back from its originally scheduled Spring release. In an effort to make this project as special as possible, and deliver the ultimate live experience for Dream Theater fans, these delays proved necessary. It will be abundantly clear why the extra time was needed come November.

Live At Luna Park contains the 160-minute main show accompanied by a wealth of bonus material. All tracks from their A Dramatic Turn Of Events album are included, in either the main show or the bonus features. This title features many of Dream Theater’s classic tracks including: “Metropolis Pt. 1”, “The Silent Man”, “Pull Me Under”, “The Root Of All Evil”, “The Test That Stumped Them All”, “The Spirit Carries On” and the recent “On The Backs Of Angels”.

Live At Luna Park is available in North America November 5th as Blu-Ray, 2DVD, 2DVD + 3CD, Blu-Ray + 3CD, Deluxe Edition with 40 page Book, Blu-Ray + 2DVD + 3CD, Digital Video via I-Tunes.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU! November -_- oh well, at least theres info now!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1121 on: May 30, 2013, 09:27:42 AM »
See? That's all we needed to hear!
Ok sure, it's not what we were hoping for in terms of a release date, but we knew it wasn't going to be soon. But I'm surprised the release date is in fact that far off considering how long they've had.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline YouMakeMeSick

« Reply #1122 on: May 30, 2013, 09:28:32 AM »
 OTE has posted on facebook that release date is November 5th.  :tdwn
The owls are not what they seem...

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1123 on: May 30, 2013, 09:29:29 AM »
So be it.

hehe, actually right now I am 2 blocks away from OTE here in Wayne meeting a client. Irony? LOL

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1124 on: May 30, 2013, 09:30:40 AM »
Better late than never, we finally got the information! :tup However, I'm getting more and more convinced that the new album will also be delayed :-\

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #1125 on: May 30, 2013, 09:33:32 AM »
See? That's all we needed to hear!
Ok sure, it's not what we were hoping for in terms of a release date, but we knew it wasn't going to be soon. But I'm surprised the release date is in fact that far off considering how long they've had.

My thoughts exactly. It will be a long wait, a bit more than 5 months, but at least now we know, now we can sweep away our fears and uncertainties and prepare for the big event ;)
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1126 on: May 30, 2013, 09:34:01 AM »
I would tend to agree that the new music will be released after the DVD.

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #1127 on: May 30, 2013, 09:38:53 AM »
So there is a good reason for the delay, but they won't reveal it until November? What could it be that they want to keep it hidden for another six months?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1128 on: May 30, 2013, 09:39:28 AM »
November?! Plenty of time to save up for the DELUXE edition! Woot! :tup

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Dreamer81

« Reply #1129 on: May 30, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »
They specified in North America, what about the rest of the world??

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1130 on: May 30, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »
So there is a good reason for the delay, but they won't reveal it until November? What could it be that they want to keep it hidden for another six months?

I really shouldn't be revealing this so early, so this is just between you and me, but the deluxe edition will come with a full set of Dream Theater action figures. The figures are 12" tall each, fully poseable, and each one plays a signature tune, along with speaking over 10 different popular catch phrases, including "I'll see you on the road!" and "ARRRR WE BE DIGGIN' HOLES WITH ME PHNOMNAL FORKLIFT MATEY!".

Unfortunately, there have been some unforseen manufacturing delays due to waiting on John Myung's dialogue to be recorded. The recording crew has been following JM around 24/7, waiting for him to speak, and at the current rate of about one line of speech a month, they're hoping to meet their November target without any other major delays.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1131 on: May 30, 2013, 09:49:58 AM »
Thanks to Blob for the facts!

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #1132 on: May 30, 2013, 09:52:25 AM »
I am pretty disappointed with all. Some weeks ago the dvd was done and being prepared for release. Today OTE says that they're working to get the best work possible...November? Come on...15 months after the concerts...The are not building a gothic cathedral, are they? Besides, will that affect the release of the upcoming and untitled yet album?

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1133 on: May 30, 2013, 09:53:06 AM »

I really shouldn't be revealing this so early, so this is just between you and me, but the deluxe edition will come with a full set of Dream Theater action figures. The figures are 12" tall each, fully poseable, and each one plays a signature tune, along with speaking over 10 different popular catch phrases, including "I'll see you on the road!" and "ARRRR WE BE DIGGIN' HOLES WITH ME PHNOMNAL FORKLIFT MATEY!".

Unfortunately, there have been some unforseen manufacturing delays due to waiting on John Myung's dialogue to be recorded. The recording crew has been following JM around 24/7, waiting for him to speak, and at the current rate of about one line of speech a month, they're hoping to meet their November target without any other major delays.
:rollin :rollin

But seriously, the new album will be out before the dvd.... That is definitely a dramatic turn of events...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1134 on: May 30, 2013, 09:55:12 AM »
Not till November?  Jeez. 

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1135 on: May 30, 2013, 09:56:45 AM »
They say we won't know why it was delayed until November. I don't get that. Why?

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #1136 on: May 30, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »
I think they meant that when we get the release and realize how good it is we will understand why it took so much for it to be put together.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #1137 on: May 30, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »
That's what they meant indeed. But yeah, november it is! I sure hope the special edition will include the blu-ray!
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline emtee

« Reply #1138 on: May 30, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »
It has to have something to do with adding 'current' content of some kind. Some special extras that they decided to add.

Oh well, we'll see in Nov.

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #1139 on: May 30, 2013, 10:08:28 AM »
Well, this is completely disappointing. Wait wait wait... This is what you have to do if you love DT. 
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1140 on: May 30, 2013, 10:11:59 AM »
It's a real bummer, I agree...and it sucks to wait so much; but hey! There are other nice bands besides Dream Theater who are putting out nice things  :D :D
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Jinova

« Reply #1141 on: May 30, 2013, 10:12:18 AM »
Disappointing, but at least  now we have a release date.  Just set the countdown app on my Iphone, its 158 days *  :'(

Offline IdoSC

« Reply #1142 on: May 30, 2013, 10:12:48 AM »
Heh, November. The month where Nintendo releases a gazillion games that I want.
Disappointing, but oh well.

Kinda seems like the guys didn't want to take Portnoy's break proposal because they wanted to slow things down instead...

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #1143 on: May 30, 2013, 10:13:09 AM »
There's just no way! The thing is already DONE- why the hell would they wait SIX (degrmatichaosonachristmasmorning) FREAKING MONTHS!? I don't think so.. Maybe they got it confused with the new album, but that doesn't sound likely either..

I stand corrected....  :sad:

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #1144 on: May 30, 2013, 10:16:27 AM »
I don't believe that: "you'll understand why it took so long to be released...we're adding content...the dvd is awesome..."  The intention of every final product is being interesting enough to be purchased. LALP isn't special in that sense. There are other reasons that will not be explained

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1145 on: May 30, 2013, 10:18:10 AM »
Patience, people. At least we have a date now. It'll be here before we know it, and even then, we still have DT12 to look forward to, possibly (probably?) before then.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1146 on: May 30, 2013, 10:19:11 AM »
Hoping for a band commentary during the live show!

Offline hacko

« Reply #1147 on: May 30, 2013, 10:26:16 AM »
That's what they meant indeed. But yeah, november it is! I sure hope the special edition will include the blu-ray!

From the article:

Blu-Ray + 3CD Deluxe Edition with 40 page Book

Offline DP_Gumby

• Wished I lived in any fantasy realm
« Reply #1148 on: May 30, 2013, 10:27:49 AM »
Amazing! Finally some good news about the DVD. And it seems that I might go for the deluxe edition too. :biggrin:

But I wonder what those extenuating circumstances might have been... :huh:

Anyway, this fall and winter is shaping up to be two very expensive seasons for me. This DVD, the new xbox, a bunch of games for multiple platforms, the new album from DT, and some new hardware for my computer. And all happen at the same time :metal
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #1149 on: May 30, 2013, 10:28:29 AM »
I don't expect the new album to come out in september if the release of LALP takes places in november. From a selling point of view DT12 would not get the attention expected by the band and Roadrunner. Thus, probably, the new disc will also be postponed.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1150 on: May 30, 2013, 10:28:47 AM »
Kind of dissapointed with the late push back but I have to assume there was a major change. It also sounds like there will be bonus live material which excites me.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #1151 on: May 30, 2013, 10:31:48 AM »
But when do you guys think we'll get a sample of the concert? That's what I'm really excited for. Does that generally come closer to the release date or to the release of the release date?

Offline Labrie1984

« Reply #1152 on: May 30, 2013, 10:32:42 AM »
For instance, the count of tuscany live would be incredible.

Offline JPX

« Reply #1153 on: May 30, 2013, 10:34:01 AM »
I am pretty disappointed with all. Some weeks ago the dvd was done and being prepared for release. Today OTE says that they're working to get the best work possible...November? Come on...15 months after the concerts...The are not building a gothic cathedral, are they? Besides, will that affect the release of the upcoming and untitled yet album?

I agree with this - how on earth does it take anyone 15 months to put a live DVD together. It's pretty embarrassing if you ask me and I'm sure the reasons will not be "abundantly clear" as they say.

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1154 on: May 30, 2013, 10:35:12 AM »
Sweet, a release date. Now I can make my arrangements to rent out a screen at a local theater for my little viewing party.