Author Topic: Rush-Clockwork Angels Tour-parts 2 and 3  (Read 1121 times)

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
Rush-Clockwork Angels Tour-parts 2 and 3
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:14:14 PM »
Got tickets to the Nashville, TN stop on May 1.  Any chance they might change the set list significantly?  My impressions are too much 80's synthesizer in the first set and and as much as I love CA, could have cut back 2 or so of the songs on that cd.  What are 4 songs you would like to hear on this leg and the European leg of the tour?  Songs not played on the first leg.

Anthem, Cygnus X-1, Jacobs Ladder, By Tor and the Snow Dog

I know, it probably will not happen. 
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
Re: Rush-Clockwork Angels Tour-parts 2 and 3
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 01:29:56 AM »
Us European audiences haven't had the show yet, so I for one am hoping they don't change anything - I'm looking forward to all the Power Windows and Clockwork Angels stuff. But I get that North American audiences would want a change.

Anyway, if they do introduce a new song, for me there's only one choice - Xanadu.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 06:27:36 PM »
They may change a song or two, but that's the maximum to expect. Might not change at all until after Europe.

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 06:41:40 PM »
I'm very sure it's going to be like Snakes and Arrows, where they switch around a few songs, but keep the same core setlist.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 07:04:44 PM »
Why do fans think Rush will change their song list drastically?  We all know it's a like 3 to 4 song changes.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 07:40:37 PM »
I would hope for a few song changes, but given they haven't been to Europe yet I would not be surprised if, like the last tour, nothing changes.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »
I was just happy as a pig in .... that i saw both setlist on the first leg of this tour.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 11:12:37 PM »
I was just happy as a pig in .... that i saw both setlist on the first leg of this tour.

So was I.

Although it would have been much easier on the wallet had if they kept the set the same.

Going to try to hold myself to one show this leg unless they get adventurous again.

Damn them!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 05:39:17 AM »
I am waiting for the summer/fall leg.  Wallet it taking a hit!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »
I wanna catch 'em in Raleigh, NC on May 3rd but refuse to spend $100+ to go by myself. Any tarheels going?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 11:34:15 PM »
I wanna catch 'em in Raleigh, NC on May 3rd but refuse to spend $100+ to go by myself. Any tarheels going?

You have a rule against going by yourself?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 12:39:49 AM »
In the past? Yes, out of comfort and enjoyment principle since I didn't wanna be stuck awkwardly bouncing from one circle of randomites to another for 4 hours. Now? Yes in this case since ~$100 is a shitload of money for a night where I'm not guaranteed a fully comfortable social experience. I'm a people person but prog crowds are a tad more introverted than general society where I can always effortlessly gel with random folks.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 12:50:37 AM »
I was actually really shocked by the crowd at the Rush show in September here in MN. Everybody around me was introducing themselves
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 03:16:23 PM »
In the past? Yes, out of comfort and enjoyment principle since I didn't wanna be stuck awkwardly bouncing from one circle of randomites to another for 4 hours. Now? Yes in this case since ~$100 is a shitload of money for a night where I'm not guaranteed a fully comfortable social experience. I'm a people person but prog crowds are a tad more introverted than general society where I can always effortlessly gel with random folks.

Thanks for the explanation.

I realize everyone's different, I understand how much fun it is to go with family and friends, but I'm just as happy to absorb the concert experience alone (but maybe I'm just as comfortable that way - I don't know). Two different experiences, but equally rewarding for me in their own way.

But that said, I wouldn't have any interest at all in paying to see a movie alone.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 03:22:50 PM »

Thanks for the explanation.

I realize everyone's different, I understand how much fun it is to go with family and friends, but I'm just as happy to absorb the concert experience alone (but maybe I'm just as comfortable that way - I don't know). Two different experiences, but equally rewarding for me in their own way.

But that said, I wouldn't have any interest at all in paying to see a movie alone.

interesting.  I would be much more inclined to go to a movie by myself since you have almost no interaction with anyone else during the film.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.