Author Topic: Idiot "customers" and how Management does right.  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
Idiot "customers" and how Management does right.
« on: January 18, 2013, 10:21:23 AM »
SHAKRA'S DELI

Now I don't have any tattoo's or desire to get any, but I have no problem with people that are tattooed or pierced.  What the hell is wrong with some people?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: Idiot "customers" and how Management does right.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 10:27:53 AM »
They're self-important busy-bodies who aren't happy unless they're making everybody else miserable along with them.

Offline rogerdil

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »
Haha, cool.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »
They're self-important busy-bodies who aren't happy unless they're making everybody else miserable along with them.

Yep. Just sad that people think like this.   Seriously, you'd get sick to your stomach if someone a tattoo delivered your food to you?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 10:33:28 AM »
Troubling indeed, but I feel as though the most egregious offense is that the letter is in all caps. That's like a red flag for me to immediately ignore an argument.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 10:33:37 AM »
We've had that issue at our store. People are high and mighty in letter or on social media but as soon as we respond with, come in and talk with us and we'd be happy to discuss it.

Then they turn into little bitches and refuse to talk in person. Just hide behind a computer
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 10:50:17 AM »
I love the fact they carbon copied it to the chamber of commerce.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline rogerdil

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 10:51:38 AM »
To be fair, we all hide behind our computers to some extent.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »
But sometimes that let's shy people come out of their shells and make friends more easily.  :)

Offline rogerdil

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »
LOL, agreed.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 12:16:07 PM »
I love the fact they carbon copied it to the chamber of commerce.

That was the most amusing part of it.  It's one thing to whine like a little bitch about it, it's another to think that the CoC is going to do anything about it.  I wish they also would have CC'ed the BBB...I'm sure they could use a laugh as well.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 12:31:04 PM »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 12:34:26 PM »

Yep. Just sad that people think like this.   Seriously, you'd get sick to your stomach if someone a tattoo delivered your food to you?

Anyone like that would fucking starve at my place, or in the Bay Area in general for that matter.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
The girl in question:

While I've got no problem with her, the picture does kind of make her look somewhat leprous.  :lol

From what I can tell, they have an insanely loyal following, so this isn't going to hurt them much. They were evicted by the new owners of their building, and received tons of support from generations of faithful customers in their forced relocation.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline rogerdil

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »
MILK IT FOR ALL THAT IT'S WORTH.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM »
I like how it takes four women to hang some fuckin' pictures. :P ;D

On topic, the turds that can't stomach tattoos must be recluses. I mean, I see shit just walking around downtown Houston that makes me sick and it's certainly got nothing to do with tattoos. Aside from this fact, along with the all-caps and splendid rhetoric, I'm just going to assume these are brainless cunts whose mind is as tightly closed as Mother Teresa's legs. Their opinion and feelings are entirely invalid, even if there was something to complain about. I, on the other hand, would love to be served by a smexy TATTOOD ladything.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Phantasmatron

• Peanut Butter Advocate and Jelly Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 02:31:17 PM »
If your waitress has a swastika or a Cannibal Corpse album cover tattooed on her forearm, that would make a certain amount of sense.

I don't understand people who think the mere presence, rather than the actual imagery, of tattoos are offensive. 

Offline PetFish

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 03:07:36 PM »
I wonder what other body modifications make these self-righteous losers sick to their stomachs?

- hair colour
- piercings
- boobs
- creative beards
- coloured contact lenses
- muscles
- lipstick and mascara
- braces

I also like the passive-aggressive "and planned to eat there often".  The saddest thing is that the general public tends to listen to the vocal minority cuz they make the most noise.  I hope this place thrives.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 03:20:07 PM »
I hate the hypocrisy of hair length/facial hair policies. You can be a chick and rock hair at any length from frisco dyke buzzcut to pentecostal rapunzelcore and never face even 5% of the hassles I'll get for having a pristinely groomed ponytail that reaches like an inch past my shoulders. Also, dudes can wear their hair like early era Bieber despite the fact that any time before 2000 that would be instant qualification for "laughingstock degenerate who willingly sports bedhead in public."

Beyond this, it's far more cleancut and no less hygienic to have neatly trimmed and shaped stoner-length sideburns like I do than it is to have a full beard yet for some reason it's unacceptable if I wanna make any more than $10/hr and work in an office.

I really hate societal pretenses with a vitriol unexpressable by any words in the English language.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »
I hate the hypocrisy of hair length/facial hair policies. You can be a chick and rock hair at any length from frisco dyke buzzcut to pentecostal rapunzelcore and never face even 5% of the hassles I'll get for having a pristinely groomed ponytail that reaches like an inch past my shoulders. Also, dudes can wear their hair like early era Bieber despite the fact that any time before 2000 that would be instant qualification for "laughingstock degenerate who willingly sports bedhead in public."

Beyond this, it's far more cleancut and no less hygienic to have neatly trimmed and shaped stoner-length sideburns like I do than it is to have a full beard yet for some reason it's unacceptable if I wanna make any more than $10/hr and work in an office.

I really hate societal pretenses with a vitriol unexpressable by any words in the English language.

Oh HELL yes - I have NEVER understood that BS either.  The length of a dude's hair has NOTHING to do with his work ethic.  NOTHING.

As for the douchebag who wrote the letter?  Piss off, then!

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 06:30:31 PM »
When people this day and age complain about tattoos and piercings I often wonder what other planet they've been living on for the last 20 or so years.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
On Monday, a customer told me she didn't like coming into my checkout line because I look like Jeffrey Dahmer. Rudest fucking thing I've ever been told.

Hilarious in hindsight, but still rude as hell.  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 06:35:17 PM »
The saddest part about this is that this sorry excuse for a person has successfully bred twice and I have no progeny

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »
On Monday, a customer told me she didn't like coming into my checkout line because I look like Jeffrey Dahmer. Rudest fucking thing I've ever been told.

WTF? Dahmer wasn't a bad looking guy. Pretty clean cut, as well. Unless her son was one of his dinner guests, I hardly see how she has any right to be upset by your appearance. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »

WTF? Dahmer wasn't a bad looking guy. Pretty clean cut, as well. Unless her son was one of his dinner guests, I hardly see how she has any right to be upset by your appearance.

You sound like my coworker. I don't care how good looking he was, especially when the old lady didn't say it in even the most remote flattering way.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »
Well we're sure showing those self-righteous loser who's boss by anonymously criticising them over the Internet!  Good job, guys!  :clap:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 07:32:52 PM »
Well we're sure showing those self-righteous loser who's boss by anonymously criticising them over the Internet!  Good job, guys!  :clap:

Like this guy deserves anything better?

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 08:15:10 PM »

Just doing my part! :victorydance:

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 08:26:15 PM »
DEATH!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 08:32:20 PM »
DEATH!

DELIVERANCE! Of you for suuuuure! Now there's nothing you can dooooo!!!!
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 04:43:32 AM »

...and what makes this different from any other day?  :lol

Anyway, I love tattoos. As others have said, in 2013 someone bitching about tattoos must be living in a cave. Of course if they were really gross-looking that might be different, but ink in general can be such a beautiful thing.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 05:03:09 AM »
I hate tattoos, but I really don't understand what possible problem this poses, or how it could make someone "sick to their stomach" to be served by someone with tats. ??? Geez, and I thought I was anti-tattoo! This just takes it to a ridiculous new low.

Is this girl going to rub her arm against your meat and ink will soak into it? Does the ink simply just jump out and infest the food? Was the tattoo drawn with pure hepatitis ink, and the girl regularly coughs up blood while serving you? I'm not making the connection here.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 07:22:35 AM »
Is this girl going to rub her arm against your meat and ink will soak into it? Does the ink simply just jump out and infest the food? Was the tattoo drawn with pure hepatitis ink, and the girl regularly coughs up blood while serving you? I'm not making the connection here.

You've been to the KrotchRaut Deli?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 07:27:20 AM »

You've been to the KrotchRaut Deli?

Only once. The only product available was something called Krotchwurst, and it didn't taste all that good.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.