Author Topic: Whitechapel ????  (Read 352 times)

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
Whitechapel ????
« on: January 12, 2013, 09:02:59 PM »
So I am one of the more snobbish "Proggies" on the board but I have always encouraged my kids to love music and my 15 year old daughter has taken me to several death-core shows and her favorite is Whitechapel.   At first I wrote them off as alt-scene but after a couple of shows (and meeting the band and spending some time learning the genre and their lyrics) I have come to REALLY like them.   The lyricis totally convey the feelings of this generation's disillusioned expectations and the musical prowess is FAR beyond most of the "deathcore" bands.   Just wondering if anyone else has seen/heard these guys.   Ben Harclerode is almost unbelievable on drums and Phil Bozeman's vocals and lyrics are "Steven Wilson-esque" for the next generation, in my opinion.

Anyone else? 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 09:25:18 PM by AngelBack »
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Whitechapel ????
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 10:33:37 PM »
I've heard of them since This Is Exile. I enjoyed them back then, but I'm not into that style at the moment, but they are an excellent band. They are one of the best "deathcore" bands though,
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Re: Whitechapel ????
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 01:54:51 AM »
One of the best deathcore bands, and that's because they're much much much more death metal than they are -core.
Would love to see them live someday  :metal