Poll

How often are you late for things (work, outings, hangouts, etc.)?

Almost never
62 (66.7%)
Some of the time
18 (19.4%)
Almost always
13 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: March 23, 2013, 12:56:25 PM

Author Topic: "I'm always late." - are you one of those people?  (Read 5745 times)

Offline Cable

Re: "I'm always late." - are you one of those people?
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2013, 12:37:22 AM »
Agree with OP; being late gets on my nerves sometimes. More so recently as I had former coworkers come in almost whenever, and one frauded the time-clock. Be accountable.

...and being late impacts others. I could not depend on the coworker, and someone who is often late cannot be counted on all the time.
---

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2013, 03:38:27 AM »
I hate being late, and I'm usually not. Of course there are always circumstances that you can't control, and shit happens. If I know I'm going to be late, I let people know. The thing is, some people just naturally run that way and end up late no matter how hard they try not to be. A lot of times it's cultural. Unfortunately I've dated people like that, and it drives me fucking crazy. Eventually you just learn to say to yourself "Okay, if he says 4:00, then I shouldn't expect him until at least 4:45" or whatever. It's annoying, but you can plan accordingly for folks like that.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2013, 05:33:45 AM »
As I get older, I seem to run later and later.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2013, 05:39:17 AM »
One thing that does annoy me is when you are waiting for a bus and it's sitting at the depot when it's supposed to have left and the driver is just chilling in the cab and not letting anyone in.

>:(

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2013, 06:10:01 AM »
Public transport being late is very, very annoying I think. I depend on it quite a lot and plan out my journey ahead and it sucks to wait for a bus or a train that's not on time (or worse; has left earlier, so that you have missed it).
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2013, 07:42:21 AM »
Public transport being late is very, very annoying I think. I depend on it quite a lot and plan out my journey ahead and it sucks to wait for a bus or a train that's not on time (or worse; has left earlier, so that you have missed it).
Early buses makes me go mental. :lol

Most of the time, I'm early. I leave home early to make sure I'm not late.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2013, 08:23:36 AM »
I am quite often late or just on time, if I'm going to school. If it is anything more important, I try to bust my butt a bit better.

I just like to sleep as long as I can. And I'm not very good in percieving time.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2013, 09:23:01 AM »

A couple of times i've been waiting for a bus and it's actually at the stop but the driver won't open the door or acknowledge you and then just LEAVES !

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2013, 11:14:01 PM »
I chose the middle option, and those of you who know me will laugh and say that I'm late all the time.   :P I used to be that way but I've gotten much better...sort of. 

I really have gotten much better at showing up on time.  Or maybe it's just that I've gotten much better at allotting myself more time to get ready/take care of shit/get where I need to be. It also doesn't help that my life is in a constant state of chaos and disorganization with two jobs and trying to cram everything I want or have to do into the two or three free nights per week that I have to do it. 

But when I make plans with someone, I'll generally just say, "I'm aiming for 7:30 but realistically I'm not going to get there until 8."  And I still aim for the earlier time and if I beat my friends somewhere, then whatever, I don't mind waiting.  But I'm to the point where I just text everyone constant updates of my ETA- like "leaving now," "just crossing the bridge now," or "parking now," so my friends can make up their own minds about when it is a good time to leave their house, or whatever.  And if something comes up that will postpone me...I ALWAYS make sure to let everyone know what's going on. 

For me now it's primarily an issue only because I can't control what time I get out of work..I don't have a set end time- I just have to stay until certain things get done

I hate to have to be that way but with my life in its current state it's the best I can do. 
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2013, 08:39:22 AM »
I hate being late, but I also hate waking up.  So, sometimes. 

I have a sister-in-law that as always very late.  She allegedly told another family member that she does that because she hates waiting for other people.   ::)

Offline Ħ

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2013, 06:34:50 PM »
A lot of times it's cultural.
That's true. I really am optimistic about our generation - we have so much to offer, and have so many more resources than our parents ever did. But a lack of punctuality is one of our major drawbacks.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »
I'd say narcissism is far and away the worst problem with today's youth. It's legitimately delusional the way the average teen thinks everyone is concerned with every inane detail of their life. I wouldn't be surprised if FB/Twitter end up getting replaced by new sites in the next few years that help facilitate this narcissism to an even worse extent.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2013, 07:41:17 PM »
My brother is one of those that likes showing up late for everything.  We went to see the Hobbit this weekend and we got there just in time to see the previews and the line for the refreshments were long and I wasn't about to miss any of the movie, so again my brother "bleeped" me.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2013, 09:54:17 PM »
I am generally very punctual and on time....unless it's something where the wife is attending with me as well, that immediately puts us in the 'why even bother going now we're so late?' category.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind