Author Topic: IMAGES AND WORDS VINYL RE-ISSUE PRE ORDER IS NOW UP(2XLP 180 GRAM RE-ISSUE)  (Read 53285 times)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
The EtR release sounds awesome. I don't see the point of buying the same vinyl..
I think the fact that the MoV's actually look professional is why people are interested in them.

Offline EnjoyTheRide

For anyone interested, my brother is selling a copy of the test pressing for this release on ebay right now along with one of the few over run copies of the color variant.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dream-Theater-Images-and-Words-Vinyl-Re-issue-TEST-PRESSING-20-24-scenes-from-/271266906599?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f28c481e7

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dream-Theater-2xLP-Images-and-Words-Vinyl-Reissue-RED-GOLD-SWIRL-colored-variant-/271266913532?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f28c49cfc

We are also in the process of setting up the re-issue of "Awake" but will be using a different pressing plant this time out, to ensure a better quality of the jackets along with another very cool deluxe colored variant for the online pre orders like we did this "images & words". We are happy to say that , it will be remastered by the same person who did both the "images and words" & "metropolis part 2" re-issues. Sorry to everyone for the delay with these re-issues, we are dealing with very large corporations and unfortunately things take a long time for approvals and changes. We are working on getting the Awake re-issue out asap and refuse to sacrifice quality. As always, once things move along I will keep the forum in the loop.

Offline Shadow2222

We are also in the process of setting up the re-issue of "Awake" but will be using a different pressing plant this time out, to ensure a better quality of the jackets along with another very cool deluxe colored variant for the online pre orders like we did this "images & words". We are happy to say that , it will be remastered by the same person who did both the "images and words" & "metropolis part 2" re-issues. Sorry to everyone for the delay with these re-issues, we are dealing with very large corporations and unfortunately things take a long time for approvals and changes. We are working on getting the Awake re-issue out asap and refuse to sacrifice quality. As always, once things move along I will keep the forum in the loop.

Excellent! I'm definitely looking forward to this. Thanks for the update!
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline ProgressiveIce

Awesome! :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: IMAGES AND WORDS VINYL RE-ISSUE PRE ORDER IS NOW UP(2XLP 180 GRAM RE-ISSUE)
« Reply #459 on: November 29, 2013, 01:40:50 AM »
Can anyone who owns a Euro white vinyl I&W advise if theirs is numbered??   I have one sealed and don't feel the need to open it - all I have on the outside to say it's the limited edition white is a sticker and no number/1000.   In some circles this has been promoted as "numbered by hand" like I have on my red swirls.

I'm 99.9% sure there's no issue with mine but curious all the same.  Cheers.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Aquiesence

« Reply #460 on: November 29, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »
It was not numbered. It is limited to 1000 copies but not numbered.

During the pre-order it was advertised as numbered but eventually when it was released after a delay it was not numbered.

My copy is not numbered also and it is sealed too.

It also has a different "hype" sticker than the black USA vinyl. The red / gold swirl has no "hype" sticker.
"Close your eyes, what do you see ? Dreams in rhyme with reality"
my blog: https://eburnus.blogspot.com/

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #461 on: November 29, 2013, 09:33:59 AM »
Thanks  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TTD

« Reply #462 on: February 25, 2014, 03:31:56 PM »
Enjoytheride/Brookvale seem to have run out of steam, with no indication of further releases on their website.

Are they planning anything else?

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #463 on: February 25, 2014, 03:46:30 PM »
Ross, the guy who runs Enjoy The Ride, said their reissue of Awake should be out in the summer.
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"