Author Topic: Great B-sides/bonus tracks?  (Read 2871 times)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
Re: Great B-sides/bonus tracks?
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 10:16:18 AM »
Oh yeah, I just remembered - out of OSI bonus tracks I like Set It On Fire, a LOT. Otherwise, when their tracks have bonus vocalists, I just can't connect to them, it seems that there needs to be Kevin singing or no one at all for my OSI needs ;D
I do like Shutdown and Stockholm, being a fan of both Wilson and Åkerfeldt, but Kevin definitely has the right voice for OSI.
They had 20 songs more or less completed and I wonder what will happen to the ones still unreleased. They mentioned doing an EP but eh, it's been five years and they haven't done so.
Damn, they should release them someday! Tomi K and Esa of Amorphis talked about doing an EP as well, in an interview from 2009 - they said they wrote 17 songs for Skyforger, but they didn't have enough time to record vocals for the songs that didn't end up being released.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 10:20:09 AM »
Damn, they should release them someday! Tomi K and Esa of Amorphis talked about doing an EP as well, in an interview from 2009 - they said they wrote 17 songs for Skyforger, but they didn't have enough time to record vocals for the songs that didn't end up being released.
... this is more than I can process right now; Skyforger is my fave album of theirs.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 10:27:25 AM »
... this is more than I can process right now; Skyforger is my fave album of theirs.
Mine too, perhaps for nostalgia reasons - it was the first Amorphis album I bought on the release date and I saw them live for the first time on that tour! Tuonela isn't far behind, that album is criminally overlooked - even by the band members themselves when it comes to the representation of those songs in the setlists. I'm lucky I heard Greed live last year!

In a Silent Waters-era intie Koivusaari also said that a really good heavy song was left off that album and he'd like to release it. Too bad these plans never materialized, I bet a lot of the unreleased stuff would be great, and it shouldn't be that hard to arrange the lyrics into those songs and get Joutsen to the vocal booth!

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 10:50:21 AM »
Mine too, perhaps for nostalgia reasons - it was the first Amorphis album I bought on the release date and I saw them live for the first time on that tour! Tuonela isn't far behind, that album is criminally overlooked - even by the band members themselves when it comes to the representation of those songs in the setlists. I'm lucky I heard Greed live last year!

In a Silent Waters-era intie Koivusaari also said that a really good heavy song was left off that album and he'd like to release it. Too bad these plans never materialized, I bet a lot of the unreleased stuff would be great, and it shouldn't be that hard to arrange the lyrics into those songs and get Joutsen to the vocal booth!
It took me 30 seconds of Sampo to fall in love with Skyforger and Amorphis :heart

Sometimes I wish they just wouldn't tell us anything at all, you know what I'm saying? :lol

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 10:54:39 AM »
Sometimes I wish they just wouldn't tell us anything at all, you know what I'm saying? :lol
Yeah, I know! :lol

Anyway, we're steering this topic away from the original subject (well, it's my thread, but you know? :lol), so I'll bump the Amorphis thread with an awesome video link.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 02:00:50 AM »
Queensryche - Chasing Blue Sky

:tup

Queensr˙che - Scarborough Fair

PARSLEY, SAGE, ROSEMARY AND THYYYYYYME