Author Topic: DT in the studio again!  (Read 847777 times)

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
Re: DT in the studio again!
« Reply #6090 on: July 01, 2013, 02:53:52 AM »
Guys, remember when the cover art for ADTOE was revealed, and most thought it was fake, and it took weeks for many fans to accept that it, indeed, was the REAL cover art?
Some yet have to.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #6091 on: July 01, 2013, 04:36:17 AM »
I dunno if this image has been already posted, anyway I think it's not bad though it's most probably a fake.

https://www.noctworld.it/forum/musica/6568-dream-theater-new-album-artwork-2013-a.html

This looks like something YtseJam records could come up with....  :yeahright
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6092 on: July 01, 2013, 04:45:07 AM »
Well hello 1998

Offline liran95

« Reply #6093 on: July 01, 2013, 06:32:38 AM »
So, July.

WHERE THE HELL IS MY TRACKLIST?!

Offline DeanTheater

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We'll do it Live! ....^&*%! We'll Do It Live!!
« Reply #6094 on: July 01, 2013, 06:42:48 AM »
I dunno if this image has been already posted, anyway I think it's not bad though it's most probably a fake.

https://www.noctworld.it/forum/musica/6568-dream-theater-new-album-artwork-2013-a.html

I have chidren and this looks like the ending of every episode of "Little Einsteins"

Definately a fake

Offline Thematt202

« Reply #6095 on: July 01, 2013, 07:31:42 AM »
Getting very impatient for news...   
Shaman take my haaaaand!

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #6096 on: July 01, 2013, 07:43:28 AM »
I have chidren and this looks like the ending of every episode of "Little Einsteins"

Definately a fake

lol /flashback

"lol that clown looks so lame, the whole thing looks so lame...a clown! DT can't possibly use a clown in their first post-MP album!"

OE SURPRISE

DT is an amazing band, but their art cover selection criteria isn't exactly what I call "good".
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #6097 on: July 01, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »
Ummm... Guys, is it important that Dream Theater deleted the tour announcement from their Facebook page?
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline The Stray Seed

« Reply #6098 on: July 01, 2013, 08:54:31 AM »
I've already bought my tickets! :eek

Offline Lucien

« Reply #6099 on: July 01, 2013, 08:55:36 AM »
I think it's slightly important.

*waiting anxiously

Offline The Stray Seed

« Reply #6100 on: July 01, 2013, 08:56:22 AM »
At least it's still there on the website...

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #6101 on: July 01, 2013, 08:58:05 AM »
Ummm... Guys, is it important that Dream Theater deleted the tour announcement from their Facebook page?
I think it's slightly important.

*waiting anxiously

Except... they didn't
https://www.facebook.com/dreamtheaterofficial/posts/10151449170932181

Offline Lucien

« Reply #6102 on: July 01, 2013, 09:02:14 AM »
It's just not on the front page anymore.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6103 on: July 01, 2013, 09:03:31 AM »
I'm wondering if people could help me clear something up since my memory on the subject is a bit fuzzy at the moment...when were the snippets of tracks from ADTOE released in relation to the release of OTBOA and the album drop date? I can't remembee for the life of me where they fit inon the timeline. I for one wouldn't be bothered if they did something similar this time and would definitely give them a listen since I don't feel like hearing those snippets detracted from the impact of hearing thealbum through for the first time :tup

Also...I third the motion to archive if this gets locked simply for Lonestar's Evening with quote if for nothing else :lol

A lot of key events in the timeline for ADTOE are listed here:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=22350.0

The archive and search function are your friends. 

Regarding spamming in the thread:

As Rich pointed out, we are VERY lenient about allowing some off-topic banter and silliness, especially given that the gaps in time between information have been so big and there is nothing to do but speculate in between.  But the blatant spamming needs to stop or warnings will be handed out.  And since the vast majority of this thread is just pointless (but fun) banter, this thread will likely be deleted once we have some actual concrete news to discuss.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6104 on: July 01, 2013, 01:16:24 PM »
Which object in that picture is from WDADU?

The armpit of the unicyclist

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #6105 on: July 01, 2013, 01:46:35 PM »
this thread will likely be deleted once we have some actual concrete news to discuss.

Concrete, from the Latin word "concretus" (meaning compact or condensed).  IT'S GOING TO BE AN ALBUM OF SONGS ALL UNDER 5 MINUTES!!

Wait, no, that can't be right.

Offline wolven74

• DTF.org Alumni
  • My body is not well
« Reply #6106 on: July 01, 2013, 01:46:44 PM »
I'm wondering if people could help me clear something up since my memory on the subject is a bit fuzzy at the moment...when were the snippets of tracks from ADTOE released in relation to the release of OTBOA and the album drop date? I can't remembee for the life of me where they fit inon the timeline. I for one wouldn't be bothered if they did something similar this time and would definitely give them a listen since I don't feel like hearing those snippets detracted from the impact of hearing thealbum through for the first time :tup

Also...I third the motion to archive if this gets locked simply for Lonestar's Evening with quote if for nothing else :lol

A lot of key events in the timeline for ADTOE are listed here:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=22350.0

The archive and search function are your friends. 

Regarding spamming in the thread:

As Rich pointed out, we are VERY lenient about allowing some off-topic banter and silliness, especially given that the gaps in time between information have been so big and there is nothing to do but speculate in between.  But the blatant spamming needs to stop or warnings will be handed out.  And since the vast majority of this thread is just pointless (but fun) banter, this thread will likely be deleted once we have some actual concrete news to discuss.
So, according to this we are about a week behind on a single, and a few weeks behind on track listing. However, I think the reason we had news a lot earlier for ADTOE is because of A) the drummer audition was a huge development we followed religiously, so information regarding the recording was released as a boon to us and B) the track listing could be released a lot earlier because the songs were written without a drummers input, so completed much sooner.

Plus, with other DT albums we got information pretty steadily because MP loved talking about the work in the studio and he'd always let the fans know where things stood. I don't think this album took that much longer to write, record and mix than anything MP was a part of. It's just that we don't have as strong a media presence for this one.
Everything is immaterial. Do you know that reality is immaterial? This is not reality.
In what friggin' universe is a 68 minute long album "short"?

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #6107 on: July 01, 2013, 02:23:28 PM »
Keep in mind ADTOE came out a week before DT12 is scheduled to come out, so everything you guys think we're 'behind' on, we're actually one week less behind on it than you think.

hahaha

And as far as MP being around to inform us, I'm kinda glad there isn't someone just spilling all the beans on this one. It makes the album wayyyyyy more mysterious and makes the anticipation much greater imo.  :metal
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Lucien

« Reply #6108 on: July 01, 2013, 02:36:46 PM »
Keep in mind ADTOE came out a week before DT12 is scheduled to come out, so everything you guys think we're 'behind' on, we're actually one week less behind on it than you think.

hahaha

And as far as MP being around to inform us, I'm kinda glad there isn't someone just spilling all the beans on this one. It makes the album wayyyyyy more mysterious and makes the anticipation much greater imo.  :metal

Everything you said is completely correct.

Offline Thematt202

« Reply #6109 on: July 01, 2013, 03:22:13 PM »
I wish there was a little more "behind the scenes" stuff this time around.  JR clearly enjoys interacting with the fans but he's not really given us any news about the album.  JP tweets once a month and JLB maybe once every two months.  I really miss the epic studio diaries and behind the scenes "making of" stuff. 
Shaman take my haaaaand!

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #6110 on: July 01, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »
JP hasn't posted on his forum in almost 2 years  :-[

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #6111 on: July 01, 2013, 03:31:04 PM »
Yeah, I signed up at JP.com when MP.com had its implosion and grand exodus, and I guess I was expecting JP to pick up the torch.  He'd indicated that DT as a band was still committed to open communication with the fanbase, and while they were up front about probably not being as forthcoming as MP had been in the past, it has been rather a disappointment overall.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #6112 on: July 01, 2013, 03:54:26 PM »
Seriously guys, JP was keeping us posted the entire time they were recording the album and mixing. Relax and think about how normal bands are. Normal bands don't tell you shit. I really would love to get updates too, but it's not like we're entitled to know every detail before the album even comes out. Be patient. You'd think people who listen to 40 minute songs would have more patience.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #6113 on: July 01, 2013, 03:59:03 PM »
Seriously guys, JP was keeping us posted the entire time they were recording the album and mixing. Relax and think about how normal bands are. Normal bands don't tell you shit. I really would love to get updates too, but it's not like we're entitled to know every detail before the album even comes out. Be patient. You'd think people who listen to 40 minute songs would have more patience.

This really made me laugh :lol

Offline Lucien

« Reply #6114 on: July 01, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #6115 on: July 01, 2013, 04:25:01 PM »
This, seriously.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6116 on: July 01, 2013, 04:28:51 PM »
There is other music to listen to, it's not like DT is the only band out there.

But to some people, they are ;)

Offline Lucien

« Reply #6117 on: July 01, 2013, 04:37:22 PM »

The only band I like that's coming out with music soon

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6118 on: July 01, 2013, 04:42:55 PM »
That's unfortunate!

Offline mellotron_scratch

« Reply #6119 on: July 01, 2013, 04:44:09 PM »

This is too true.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #6120 on: July 01, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »
That's unfortunate!
Seriously! There's so much amazing music out there, whether it be prog, metal, pop, electronica, etc. I find it unfortunate that you can't find SOMETHING else out there to love!

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #6121 on: July 01, 2013, 04:52:59 PM »

Have you heard of Haken? You might like 'em.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6122 on: July 01, 2013, 04:54:08 PM »

Have you heard of Haken? You might like 'em.

Yeah, a lot like DT (in a good way)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #6123 on: July 01, 2013, 04:56:11 PM »
Last Chance To Reason are also a fantastic prog band that are noticeably influenced by Dream Theater while managing to have their own unique sound and perspective.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #6124 on: July 01, 2013, 05:18:31 PM »

Go listen to Haken right now. :)
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods