Author Topic: DT in the studio again!  (Read 848707 times)

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
Re: DT in the studio again!
« Reply #5320 on: June 21, 2013, 04:24:04 PM »
Yeah, or even just one song live in the studio would be cool. I know Mark Tremonti's solo project did two or three songs like that and uploaded it to youtube. They turned out really cool and it ended up hyping the fans for the debut album like crazy.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #5321 on: June 21, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »
One thing is sure, I really like that guy. Things turn out to be entertaining.  :rollin Good to have you here.  :tup
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #5322 on: June 21, 2013, 04:30:28 PM »
Yeah, or even just one song live in the studio would be cool. I know Mark Tremonti's solo project did two or three songs like that and uploaded it to youtube. They turned out really cool and it ended up hyping the fans for the debut album like crazy.

Yea, good idea, the first single and a couple of other tracks, or some tour rehearsal vids.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #5323 on: June 21, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »
Man, I loved the last ten pages.  :lol

Welcome aboard, Randy, you're doing an amazing job.  :tup

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5324 on: June 21, 2013, 04:32:10 PM »
Well, a Live In The Studio DVD with the additional band commentary would be something beyond awesome IMO. :caffeine:
Actually, I would love that more than anything because correct me if i'm wrong but DT has never done something like that, right? A studio run through of the new album would be beyond amazing, infact I would take that over a new live DVD.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline GuyWhoRunsTheRRFB

• Forum VIP
« Reply #5325 on: June 21, 2013, 04:40:07 PM »
Alright guys, it's about time for me to leave the office!  It was nice meeting all of you and we'll chat soon!   ;D :metal

Offline dparrott

« Reply #5326 on: June 21, 2013, 04:41:12 PM »
You made our day Randy.  Take care.   :metal

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline erik16

• The one on the right
« Reply #5327 on: June 21, 2013, 04:45:51 PM »
Because I like lurking (even if I'm a member) I've just kept reading the last pages and man, what a bizarre world we live in. I think that we can have some nice synergy here, Randy. You can calm us down or heat it up when needed, you get information and ideas from the fandom. Also I think we're all up for laughs  :lol

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #5328 on: June 21, 2013, 04:46:46 PM »
Thank you Randy, you set DTF on fire today. See you and have a take care!  :2metal:
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5329 on: June 21, 2013, 04:51:10 PM »

Actually, I would love that more than anything because correct me if i'm wrong but DT has never done something like that, right? A studio run through of the new album would be beyond amazing, infact I would take that over a new live DVD.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #5330 on: June 21, 2013, 04:58:47 PM »
I addressed this in my response on Facebook.  Am I guilty of perhaps not thinking through the initial comment?  Yes.  Deliberately misleading people?  Certainly not.  I take my job, our image, and our bands very seriously and doing something like that would be totally against my integrity. 

By the way - hi guys!

A lot of FB pages of that size wouldn't even give a response to comments, so I think that says a lot about your commitment right there.  :tup

I hope you don't take this incident as a negative reflection on our community. We're just a diehard group of fans, and the lead up to every new album is our Christmas Eve, and we're the kind of kids who like to sneak downstairs, find the presents, and shake them to figure out what's inside. Some people just shook this one too hard. :P

Yeah, I get it; I work for Roadrunner for a reason!   ;)  That's also why I'm so serious about our image/bands.. this stuff is what I'm passionate about, so don't you tell me I was trying to do something shady with it!!!!

Offline Dellers

• Funky Norwegian!
« Reply #5331 on: June 21, 2013, 05:06:21 PM »
Yeah, some live in studio video would be awesome. I've seen Brian Culbertson and Jamiroquai do it, and I really like the concept. It gives a somewhat live feeling while sounding absolutely amazing.
https://soundcloud.com/dellers2/jpxi-o
Religious faith can only exist when there is no God, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to believe.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5332 on: June 21, 2013, 05:53:34 PM »
I just happily read so many pages, unbelievable. ;D

Looking forward to what the future brings.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #5333 on: June 21, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »
https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/scar-the-martyr-20130621

Here's the article.
Love how people are ignoring this or dissing it, even though it involves members from Strapping Young Lad, Nine Inch Nails, and Darkest Hour. People should realize Dream Theater are one great band in a sea of other great bands and should tone down the intesity for news a little bit.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5334 on: June 21, 2013, 06:20:24 PM »
I've seen Brian Culbertson and Jamiroquai do it, and I really like the concept.
Ah you mean this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkmeeYyiC34

I love it!  :heart
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline atmyne

• Dog Face no space
« Reply #5335 on: June 21, 2013, 09:55:51 PM »
WOW that was a fun read! went to sleep and woke up to find 11 or so new pages in this thread!
which made me even MORE curious to read on when the "announcement" we were anticipating wasn't  a DT announcement but a Joey Jordison announcement....  :metal :metal :metal :metal
:rollin

Here's the article.
Love how people are ignoring this or dissing it, even though it involves members from Strapping Young Lad, Nine Inch Nails, and Darkest Hour. People should realize Dream Theater are one great band in a sea of other great bands and should tone down the intesity for news a little bit.
yeah you're absolutely right... HOWEVER this IS the DT in the studio thread in the Dream Theater index of threads... just super saiyan'
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:04:06 PM by atmyne »

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #5336 on: June 21, 2013, 10:30:16 PM »
I don't know why.

We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #5337 on: June 21, 2013, 10:33:55 PM »
WOW that was a fun read! went to sleep and woke up to find 11 or so new pages in this thread!
which made me even MORE curious to read on when the "announcement" we were anticipating wasn't  a DT announcement but a Joey Jordison announcement....  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Here's the article.
yeah you're absolutely right... HOWEVER this IS the DT in the studio thread in the Dream Theater index of threads... just super saiyan'
All I'm getting at is how it's hilarious how people reacted, like what the actual announcement was was something laughable and horrible, when it's VERY far from it. That's all.

Offline wolven74

• DTF.org Alumni
  • My body is not well
« Reply #5338 on: June 21, 2013, 11:01:53 PM »

Here's the article.
All I'm getting at is how it's hilarious how people reacted, like what the actual announcement was was something laughable and horrible, when it's VERY far from it. That's all.
For the record, I posted this because before I did, it seemed people didn't know what the actual announcement was. I realized it wasn't about DT, but I figured people should read the full announcement, so everyone was on the same page, as it were.
Everything is immaterial. Do you know that reality is immaterial? This is not reality.
In what friggin' universe is a 68 minute long album "short"?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #5339 on: June 21, 2013, 11:04:47 PM »
Oh man, I wasn't aiming my comments at you in any way!  :lol
I'm sorry it seemed like that, your post just had the announcement and I thought that was the best thing to quote.
Once again, sorry about that, I didn't mean to make you think I was pointing my finger at you.

Offline wolven74

• DTF.org Alumni
  • My body is not well
« Reply #5340 on: June 21, 2013, 11:18:24 PM »
Oh man, I wasn't aiming my comments at you in any way!  :lol
I'm sorry it seemed like that, your post just had the announcement and I thought that was the best thing to quote.
Once again, sorry about that, I didn't mean to make you think I was pointing my finger at you.
I appreciate that, DC... It's been a rather eventful day on DTF. What Atmyne was saying is pretty much true though. I posted a non-DT announcement on the DT thread, so I thought THEY were admonishing me for that. I think what I did was only in the interest of clearing things up for those I thought may not understand what the actual announcement was. I don't think you were pointing fingers. Just wanted to be clear for everyone.

Everything is immaterial. Do you know that reality is immaterial? This is not reality.
In what friggin' universe is a 68 minute long album "short"?

Offline dparrott

« Reply #5341 on: June 21, 2013, 11:32:32 PM »
If DT are bent on doing things they haven't done before, how about a 3D cover like Megadeth did with SuperCollider?

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #5342 on: June 22, 2013, 12:05:54 AM »
If DT are bent on doing things they haven't done before, how about a 3D cover like Megadeth did with SuperCollider?
because that would be stupid.

which is why megadeth did it.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline mellotron_scratch

« Reply #5343 on: June 22, 2013, 12:37:03 AM »
because that would be stupid.

which is why megadeth did it.

:corn

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #5344 on: June 22, 2013, 12:55:43 AM »
Kiss did that back in the 90's. It's been 20 years, folks, DT can do better than that.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #5345 on: June 22, 2013, 12:56:24 AM »

Only if the album doesn't suck like SC did.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5346 on: June 22, 2013, 01:35:49 AM »
Man, this thread moves fast!

RR guy is a most worthy addition to our pretty purple VIP club. :D
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #5347 on: June 22, 2013, 01:38:12 AM »

Eren should be VIP too! He's worked with JR and DT on the new album! He told me that sooner or later he will come back here and discuss his experience, likely upon the release of the album. That would be great, to interact with someone who worked directly on a part od the release!  :)
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #5348 on: June 22, 2013, 01:49:26 AM »
Typical Marco... you give him a finger, and he wants the whole hand.  :\

J/K, you're awesome.  :-*

In other news, holy shit the last pages of this thread. Hi Randy!
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5349 on: June 22, 2013, 02:42:08 AM »

Eren should be VIP too! He's worked with JR and DT on the new album! He told me that sooner or later he will come back here and discuss his experience, likely upon the release of the album. That would be great, to interact with someone who worked directly on a part od the release!  :)
Wasn't he also in one of Jordan Rudess' vlog kind of videos?  :biggrin:

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #5350 on: June 22, 2013, 04:05:05 AM »
Wow! This was crazy :lol
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5351 on: June 22, 2013, 05:01:09 AM »
Typical DTF.  Thread goes from so-so to pathetic to epic.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #5352 on: June 22, 2013, 05:09:28 AM »
I enjoyed watching Lucien put his foot in not once but twice and all the awkward posts that came with it!  :corn

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #5353 on: June 22, 2013, 05:10:24 AM »
Typical DTF.  Thread goes from so-so to pathetic to epic.

yeah, we are so pathepic! ;D

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5354 on: June 22, 2013, 05:11:16 AM »
I was gone to my sister all day yesterday, and all kinds of shenanigans broke loose here :lol

Love you lots, DTF :heybaby:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.