Author Topic: DT in the studio again!  (Read 848469 times)

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
Re: DT in the studio again!
« Reply #5145 on: June 21, 2013, 12:38:37 PM »
That would be my fault, of course.  :lol

Yes, I was the one who said we all hate you, Mr. Roadrunner.

Yes, I now understand that is completely wrong, and I was angry at the time for several reasons already stated.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #5146 on: June 21, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »
Wait guys, maybe this Wilson character is Rich Wilson?  Maybe he is so upset he is going to withhold the release of the paperback edition of Lifting Shadows. 

:corn

Offline GuyWhoRunsTheRRFB

• Forum VIP
« Reply #5147 on: June 21, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »

Yes, I now understand that is completely wrong, and I was angry at the time for several reasons already stated.

As I always say, call me Randy or "guywhorunstherrfb."  Mr. Roadrunner is my father.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5148 on: June 21, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »
WOAH WOAH WOAH! Wtf happened here when I was gone.  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5149 on: June 21, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »

We get it.  And I know there was nothing malicious intended.  But I just want people to keep my explanation that I posted on the last page in mind.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #5150 on: June 21, 2013, 12:42:43 PM »

As I always say, call me Randy or "guywhorunstherrfb."  Mr. Roadrunner is my father.
I'm Milena *waves* and TheAtliator is Dennis.

Man don't you just love social media :lol

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #5151 on: June 21, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »
Hah, this is amazing :lol

Welcome to the forums! Sorry for dragging you in here! :xbones

Hey, you kidding? We even managed to drag Matt guillory in there. Only a few "mental" posts to drag the RR guy, not much afetr all!  :xbones

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Lucien

« Reply #5152 on: June 21, 2013, 12:43:28 PM »
Wait guys, maybe this Wilson character is Rich Wilson?  Maybe he is so upset he is going to withhold the release of the paperback edition of Lifting Shadows. 

:corn

Wilson = Me. That was stated earlier.

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Wtf happened here when I was gone.  :lol

Drama. Normal stuff. My fault mostly

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #5153 on: June 21, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »
Mr. Road Runner dude, I'm super sorry that you felt you had to create an account here to defend yourself! Like seriously, I think a lot of these dudes need to just  :chill . What was said was completely uncalled for. I'm sure you know by now, that DT fans aren't like most fans. We have a special bond that Metallica fans or Slipknot fans or Beatles fans, etc, don't have because of the odd "the biggest band you've never heard of" status DT has. Please don't allow one crazy obsessed fan speak for the rest of us crazy obsessed fans! Thank you, and thanks to Roadrunner for promoting DT and their music in ways that no other label has done!!  :heart
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5154 on: June 21, 2013, 12:48:19 PM »
Even though there was no announcement, this day has been one of the most interesting in the history of this thread.

Welcome Randy.

Offline lyfeternl

« Reply #5155 on: June 21, 2013, 12:50:18 PM »
Mr. Road Runner dude, I'm super sorry that you felt you had to create an account here to defend yourself! Like seriously, I think a lot of these dudes need to just  :chill . What was said was completely uncalled for. I'm sure you know by now, that DT fans aren't like most fans. We have a special bond that Metallica fans or Slipknot fans or Beatles fans, etc, don't have because of the odd "the biggest band you've never heard of" status DT has. Please don't allow one crazy obsessed fan speak for the rest of us crazy obsessed fans! Thank you, and thanks to Roadrunner for promoting DT and their music in ways that no other label has done!!  :heart

I take offense to this! I remember worshiping Creed in major fanboy fashion back in the day...

:neverusethis:
"...the last is just a flurry of notes...so just do it and hope you don't suck..." - JP

Offline Lucien

« Reply #5156 on: June 21, 2013, 12:52:20 PM »
Even though there was no announcement, this day has been one of the most interesting in the history of this thread.

Welcome Randy.

It's amazing what one idiot can cause

What's the suicide emote?

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #5157 on: June 21, 2013, 12:54:13 PM »
Although Randy, if you want to talk to someone who understands, I'm sure you could talk to the dudes at OTE. They were also hounded by various comments about that same kinda shit!

I'm not sure which was more embarrassing though, the OTE posts or these RRR posts.. hahaha.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #5158 on: June 21, 2013, 12:54:29 PM »

Welcome Randy.

:marriageanalogy:

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #5159 on: June 21, 2013, 12:54:40 PM »

Welcome Randy.

I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5160 on: June 21, 2013, 12:55:45 PM »

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #5161 on: June 21, 2013, 12:56:23 PM »
marriageanalogy

:rollin

There's also :justshootme:

By the way, GuyWhoRunsTheRRFB, great to have you here. We may seem crazy, and that's because, quite frankly, we are crazy. But we're good people.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5162 on: June 21, 2013, 12:59:42 PM »

• Forum VIP
« Reply #5163 on: June 21, 2013, 01:01:26 PM »
marriageanalogy

:rollin

There's also :justshootme:

By the way, GuyWhoRunsTheRRFB, great to have you here. We may seem crazy, and that's because, quite frankly, we are crazy. But we're good people.

Yeah, you guys seem alright  :D

Hilarious.  And also the reason we can't manufacture RR merch. 

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #5164 on: June 21, 2013, 01:11:15 PM »
What an interesting day. Lucien, please don't beat yourself up too much. After all, in a roundabout way, you caused an official rep of Roadrunner to join the forums :) Haha.

@GuyWhoRunsTheRRFB - BTW, it is awesome that DT ended up on a label that truly cares for the band and the music just as much as the fans do.  :tup
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Lucien

« Reply #5165 on: June 21, 2013, 01:13:42 PM »
What an interesting day. Lucien, please don't beat yourself up too much. After all, in a roundabout way, you caused an official rep of Roadrunner to join the forums :) Haha.

@GuyWhoRunsTheRRFB - BTW, it is awesome that DT ended up on a label that truly cares for the band and the music just as much as the fans do.  :tup

:\

;D

• Forum VIP
« Reply #5166 on: June 21, 2013, 01:16:19 PM »

Haha - they deserve absolutely nothing less.  You should have seen when they officially resigned last year.  One of our A&R dudes ran out from his office yelling "WE JUST RESIGNED DREAM THEATER!!!" and had a bottle of celebratory whiskey with him.  It was a good day.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5167 on: June 21, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »
:meepmeep:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5168 on: June 21, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »
One of our A&R dudes ran out from his office yelling "WE JUST RESIGNED DREAM THEATER!!!" and had a bottle of celebratory whiskey with him.  It was a good day.

That is awesome.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #5169 on: June 21, 2013, 01:21:40 PM »
This could be a good thing, now we have someone at RR to listen to our crazy ideas....like DT on colored vinyl!  ;D :metal
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #5170 on: June 21, 2013, 01:21:48 PM »

Haha - they deserve absolutely nothing less.  You should have seen when they officially resigned last year.  One of our A&R dudes ran out from his office yelling "WE JUST RESIGNED DREAM THEATER!!!" and had a bottle of celebratory whiskey with him.  It was a good day.
I believe the emotion here on the very same day could be summed up as: :burns:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #5171 on: June 21, 2013, 01:22:02 PM »

That sounds like the sort of day that ends a week later. Those are always good days.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline lyfeternl

« Reply #5172 on: June 21, 2013, 01:24:30 PM »

I would've been more impressed had it been a rare vintage of wine
"...the last is just a flurry of notes...so just do it and hope you don't suck..." - JP

• Forum VIP
« Reply #5173 on: June 21, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »
This could be a good thing, now we have someone at RR to listen to our crazy ideas....like DT on colored vinyl!  ;D :metal

That's the most bat-shit crazy thing I've ever heard.  Go back to the nuthouse, ya loon.

Might be a good idea...

Offline sdfdsv

« Reply #5174 on: June 21, 2013, 01:25:43 PM »

• Forum VIP
« Reply #5175 on: June 21, 2013, 01:26:21 PM »

Haha.. while we do have our sophisticated sides, we're predominately a metal label, after all.

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5176 on: June 21, 2013, 01:26:27 PM »
Now that we have someone from RR here, just show us the traklist and the artwork! :D

Of course, just kidding!

Nice to have you here!

Offline Lucien

« Reply #5177 on: June 21, 2013, 01:27:31 PM »

:neverusethis:

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #5178 on: June 21, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »

Haha.. while we do have our sophisticated sides, we're predominately a metal label, after all.

Hahaha, reminded me a joke: What genre is it when a metal band gets drunk and jams? Hard whiskey :neverusethis: :millahhhh

• Forum VIP
« Reply #5179 on: June 21, 2013, 01:28:19 PM »
Now that we have someone from RR here, just show us the traklist and the artwork! :D

Of course, just kidding!

Nice to have you here!

As much as I'd like to leak info to you, it would definitely be an offense worthy of termination.