Author Topic: DT in the studio again!  (Read 848232 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: DT in the studio again!
« Reply #4480 on: June 15, 2013, 04:01:34 AM »
What rob said. Singles are a mandatory promotional tool for an album, even for bands that don't tour at all. We'll get a single. We have to, otherwise we'd tear this place apart before the album comes out. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #4481 on: June 15, 2013, 04:03:43 AM »
I'm opting for Bad Larry. I have a BMUBMD vibe for it :D
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #4482 on: June 15, 2013, 04:25:04 AM »
I bet we'll get the tracklist when the mixing (and possibly mastering) is done and the single shortly after that.

Offline mellotron_scratch

« Reply #4483 on: June 15, 2013, 04:40:30 AM »
I bet we'll get the tracklist when the mixing (and possibly mastering) is done and the single shortly after that.

When do you think the mixing and mastering will be done? 2 weeks from now is my guess.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #4484 on: June 15, 2013, 04:42:24 AM »
Because it has the word "bad" in the title :neverusethis:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #4485 on: June 15, 2013, 05:16:14 AM »
You shush :p :-*
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #4486 on: June 15, 2013, 05:30:39 AM »
 :-*

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #4487 on: June 15, 2013, 05:32:07 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, the pre-album single has been given out before mastering with an earlier DT album. Right? The only thing you have is that it could be a bit different than the album version in terms of the way it sinks in with the album, but in my mind it has been done before.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #4488 on: June 15, 2013, 05:53:17 AM »

When do you think the mixing and mastering will be done? 2 weeks from now is my guess.
I'd say that's a pretty good guess - the mastering won't take even half as much time as the mixing, and the mix is in progress, so 2 weeks is a likely timeframe.
Maybe this Larry is related to the Roy guy in AROP? I mean, AROP was the first single from BC&SL and it's not a good song :biggrin: I have a feeling "Bad Larry" will be better, though.

Offline chwik

• Shadows of the Sun
« Reply #4489 on: June 15, 2013, 08:30:29 AM »
I don't think the tour and the single have much impact on one another. Could be wrong, but I reckon a single's pretty assured, at this point. It's marketing for the disc, not the gigs - and it is one of the very most effective ways of generating a buzz, and showing the potential buyers that they'll actually enjoy what they're gonna buy.

Well, let's make a bet then shall we :) 100 DTF-points to the winner! You bet for a single released before the album, and I bet that there will be no single before the release of the album.

BTW, this is a bet I really hope I lose!  ;D

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4490 on: June 15, 2013, 08:39:57 AM »
I've been listening to more DT recently. So when the new album comes out (or leaks  :biggrin:) my body will be readier than ever. But seriously,I CAN NOT WAIT! *rips off shirt and starts growling*

And for all of our sakes, put your shirt back on...

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #4491 on: June 15, 2013, 09:39:17 AM »
I'm going to ignore the post above mine.

Anyways, a tracklist might come out within a couple of days, and a single will come out in a few weeks.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #4492 on: June 15, 2013, 10:37:38 AM »
I'm going to ignore the post above mine.

Anyways, a tracklist might come out within a couple of days, and a single will come out in a few weeks.

:metal :metal :metal

Online The Letter M

« Reply #4493 on: June 15, 2013, 10:44:39 AM »
I figure we'll get tracklist (and maybe times) by month's end, and a Single in July. Then after that, in the following weeks, maybe snippets again (one per week) til the release date? That would carry us through August and September.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4494 on: June 15, 2013, 10:57:09 AM »
That's not far away!!!  ::)

But I STILL CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline ibosmiley

« Reply #4495 on: June 15, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »
I myself am thinking a track list sometime maybe early July and a single sometime around the end of July. 

They seem to be really taking their time with this one, and I'm fine with that.  I'd rather have better quality later than lesser quality sooner.
"Are you listening to the words I say.  In the meadows my thoughts dance and play.  I know now I'm the only one.  Who can convince the rising sun"

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #4496 on: June 15, 2013, 11:41:34 AM »
I myself am thinking a track list sometime maybe early July and a single sometime around the end of July. 

They seem to be really taking their time with this one, and I'm fine with that.  I'd rather have better quality later than lesser quality sooner.

I would rather see the band release a song every few weeks and abandon the whole album thing. :lol

But really, I think we'll get a track list before July. I'm not expecting a single until July at the earliest and that's just dandy. I've been doing a run through of some older DT stuff to get the mind racing again. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to this.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #4497 on: June 15, 2013, 11:44:25 AM »

I would rather see the band release a song every few weeks and abandon the whole album thing. :lol

But really, I think we'll get a track list before July. I'm not expecting a single until July at the earliest and that's just dandy. I've been doing a run through of some older DT stuff to get the mind racing again. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to this.

Offline ibosmiley

« Reply #4498 on: June 15, 2013, 12:20:13 PM »

If we do, great!  I'm not expecting it though.  Whenever it comes out is fine with me.  I have patience.  :smiley:
"Are you listening to the words I say.  In the meadows my thoughts dance and play.  I know now I'm the only one.  Who can convince the rising sun"

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4499 on: June 15, 2013, 02:46:01 PM »
It's way too early (imo) to release anymore info. I hate how bands release stuff three months in advance. It's ridiculous. Just my 2 cents.  ;)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline TL

« Reply #4500 on: June 15, 2013, 03:34:38 PM »
It's way too early (imo) to release anymore info. I hate how bands release stuff three months in advance. It's ridiculous. Just my 2 cents.  ;)
How about Rush releasing two songs from Clockwork Angels two years before the album came out?  :P

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4501 on: June 15, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »
How about Rush releasing two songs from Clockwork Angels two years before the album came out?  :P

That was incredibly lame of them. Sucks getting a new album and having to skip two tracks.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline dedSurroun

• Words To Clear Your Mind
  • Walking Out Of The Machinery
« Reply #4502 on: June 15, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »
There will be no tracklist until mid-August.

Cover will be released early September.

As for single, that won't happen for this album (and once the album is released, you'll know why).
And now I've only habits left
to break

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #4503 on: June 15, 2013, 04:15:17 PM »
Not that that isn't interesting, but how do you know? Are you involved with the process or anything?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4504 on: June 15, 2013, 04:24:50 PM »
There will definitely be a single.  There is always a single.  I have no idea why anyone would say otherwise.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #4505 on: June 15, 2013, 04:45:55 PM »

As for single, that won't happen for this album (and once the album is released, you'll know why).
Quite bold predictions. Are you close to the band? :biggrin:

Not releasing would be silly, and against their Roadrunner contract isn't it? Pretty sure with Roadrunner they have to put out a single and video for each album.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline eosforum

« Reply #4506 on: June 15, 2013, 05:04:25 PM »

Quite bold predictions. Are you close to the band? :biggrin:

Not releasing would be silly, and against their Roadrunner contract isn't it? Pretty sure with Roadrunner they have to put out a single and video for each album.
This. I have learnt to ignore random predictions supposedly based on inside knowledge...

Offline liran95

« Reply #4507 on: June 15, 2013, 05:44:05 PM »

If it's true, that's a very interesting statement :)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4508 on: June 15, 2013, 05:50:35 PM »

That could basically mean we are getting a concept album after all, if that statement is true.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline liran95

« Reply #4509 on: June 15, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »

That could basically mean we are getting a concept album after all, if that statement is true.

Which would be awesome  :metal

My first guess was that this album has only 1 song, and therefore if you release a single, you release the album.
On second thought, I figured out how stupid I am.

Offline Luigi

« Reply #4510 on: June 15, 2013, 06:12:18 PM »

Which would be awesome  :metal

My first guess was that this album has only 1 song, and therefore if you release a single, you release the album.
On second thought, I figured out how stupid I am.

Yeah!

A concept album FTW!

Offline ibosmiley

« Reply #4511 on: June 15, 2013, 06:30:58 PM »
A self titled concept album?  Hmm... that doesn't seem to make sense in my brain.

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #4512 on: June 15, 2013, 06:35:31 PM »
Wasnt Home released as a single from Scenes? That was 1999 wasnt it? Or was that not before the release date??  :huh:

Offline Lucien

« Reply #4513 on: June 15, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »
A self titled concept album?  Hmm... that doesn't seem to make sense in my brain.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #4514 on: June 15, 2013, 07:05:18 PM »
I don't think the tour and the single have much impact on one another. Could be wrong, but I reckon a single's pretty assured, at this point. It's marketing for the disc, not the gigs - and it is one of the very most effective ways of generating a buzz, and showing the potential buyers that they'll actually enjoy what they're gonna buy.

Well, let's make a bet then shall we :) 100 DTF-points to the winner! You bet for a single released before the album, and I bet that there will be no single before the release of the album.

BTW, this is a bet I really hope I lose!  ;D
100 DTF-points? You're on!