Author Topic: DT in the studio again!  (Read 847731 times)

Offline darkshade

Re: DT in the studio again!
« Reply #1435 on: March 28, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »
DT12 is actually going to be a double album (Disc 1 and Disc 2), with one disc devoted to an entire 72 minute song divided into 12 sections (each section averages out to about 6 minutes each).
The second disc will consist of 11 individual songs, and one of them will be a two-part song, making each disc consist
of 12 tracks with 12 songs total.

Somewhere between those 24 tracks will be the instrumental.

Six Degrees was a double album, so it wouldn't surprise me if DT12 was a double album, if we're still crazy enough to believe in nuggetz.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:57:04 PM by darkshade »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1436 on: March 28, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
Or it's a double album consisting of One Instrumental song lasting one hour and One Epic lasting one hour.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1437 on: March 28, 2013, 02:51:30 PM »
And JMX  wrote the lyrics for the Epic.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1438 on: March 28, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »
I really kinda like the relative silence surrounding the writing of the new album. Not that I don't like knowing what's going on, but I'd rather be more surprised and blown away by a great album, like I was with ADTOE, than hyped-up and then let down, like I've been with previous DT albums sometimes.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #1439 on: March 28, 2013, 02:53:47 PM »
I hope they compile all the twitter Q's into one video when they're finished releasing them.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline chaotic_ripper

« Reply #1440 on: March 28, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
I really kinda like the relative silence surrounding the writing of the new album. Not that I don't like knowing what's going on, but I'd rather be more surprised and blown away by a great album, like I was with ADTOE, than hyped-up and then let down, like I've been with previous DT albums sometimes.

+1, 000, 000

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #1441 on: March 28, 2013, 03:07:54 PM »

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #1442 on: March 28, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »
I hope they compile all the twitter Q's into one video when they're finished releasing them.

I'd rather have them become a constant companion of our wait. One or two questions a week until new details come, likely by June  :tup
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1443 on: March 28, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks we're gonna get the new studio album before we get Live At Luna Park? Jeesh!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #1444 on: March 28, 2013, 04:24:23 PM »
Man, I love DT instrumentals.

I never see people list DT's instrumentals in their top 20 DT songs, let alone among DT's best songs, yet everyone pees themselves a little at the thought of a new one.

Stream of Consciousness and Overture 1928 were in my top 20 (Erotomania and Hell's Kitchen were 25 and 26), but since barely anyone read my list, I can see why you'd make that mistake. :neverusethis: 

:'(

EDIT: Aw, hell, if Scorpion can self promote, I can too: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=35406.0
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:52:33 PM by Pols Voice »
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #1445 on: March 28, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »
I never see people list DT's instrumentals in their top 20 DT songs, let alone among DT's best songs, yet everyone pees themselves a little at the thought of a new one.

Hey there.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1446 on: March 28, 2013, 04:51:38 PM »
Great news about Myung! Very excited now  :metal

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1447 on: March 28, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »
Geez, that'll teach me to not read peoples' "Top XX DT songs" threads/posts!

Instrumentals by any band are always meh to me, and DT is no different. Like the rest of their catalog, some instrumentals are great, some are good, some are lame. News of another one doesn't excite me like the other awesome updates we've received. But anyway, I will stop being ants at this picnic.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline darkshade

« Reply #1448 on: March 28, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »
Guys, what if the instrumental is a 30 second spacey intro that leads into the first song of the album??

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #1449 on: March 28, 2013, 05:11:57 PM »
Guys, what if the instrumental is a 30 second spacey intro that leads into the first song of the album??

As in Regression 1928 of Consciousness Dogmania?!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1450 on: March 28, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
Didn't he write Breaking All Illusions though ?

I have to say I was really underwhelmed with that song.

And the lyrics were nothing spectacular.

Offline Lucidity

• Patron Saint of Time Signatures
« Reply #1451 on: March 28, 2013, 05:38:33 PM »
I don't think everyone gets excited over instrumentals because we love the past ones so much, i think it's because we're hoping for a really good trump-card instrumental.

Hypothetically, an instrumental should be the greatest thing ever coming from DT, since every member has insane musical ability. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself, but I think just I'm waiting for the right one to finally be written.

Offline philmcson

« Reply #1452 on: March 28, 2013, 05:43:33 PM »

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1453 on: March 28, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »
Wait a minute man! I've just remembered a video that desribes how I feel about the album!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtWiEvyTr7I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Offline Ad134

« Reply #1454 on: March 28, 2013, 06:54:02 PM »
DT12 is actually going to be a double album (Disc 1 and Disc 2), with one disc devoted to an entire 72 minute song divided into 12 sections (each section averages out to about 6 minutes each).
The second disc will consist of 11 individual songs, and one of them will be a two-part song, making each disc consist

Six Degrees was a double album, so it wouldn't surprise me if DT12 was a double album, if we're still crazy enough to believe in nuggetz.

5 + 8 = 12

OMG NUGGETZ

With regards to the album, I have one thing to say that is coming more and more true the more I hear about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwamV1fbYQk

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1455 on: March 28, 2013, 06:57:22 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline darkshade

« Reply #1456 on: March 28, 2013, 06:59:07 PM »

5 + 8 = 12

OMG NUGGETZ

You and someone else did the 5+8=12 thing. Where did you guys learn to add?

Offline Octavaripolis

• DTF's Teenage Weakling
« Reply #1457 on: March 28, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g9oZ46dJpbk

another song from JM AND and instrumental!!!!! :metal  :mehlin

THERE'S NOT A SINGLE THING IN THE UNIVERSE THAT'S BETTER THAN THE FACT THAT FREAKIN MR MYUNG ANSWERED MY QUESTION. I STARTED DANCING AROUND THE HOUSE, SCREAMING AND SHIT. My girlfriend gave me a strange look. BUT WHATEVER.

DT > GIRLFRIEND
Don't mess with Take The Time.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1458 on: March 28, 2013, 07:08:17 PM »
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1459 on: March 28, 2013, 07:09:41 PM »
I don't think everyone gets excited over instrumentals because we love the past ones so much, i think it's because we're hoping for a really good trump-card instrumental.

Hypothetically, an instrumental should be the greatest thing ever coming from DT, since every member has insane musical ability. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself, but I think just I'm waiting for the right one to finally be written.

But every song is an instrumental until they record vocals :P

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1461 on: March 28, 2013, 07:11:14 PM »

5 + 8 = 12

OMG NUGGETZ

I believe I said teh next album would be teh nuggets due to it being 5 + 8 = 13.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=35298.msg1541895#msg1541895    < < <

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1462 on: March 28, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »

And the lyrics were nothing spectacular.
Those lyrics were infinitely better than any lyrics from the previous two albums, any song on those previous albums. They may not have been Shakespeare but a major improvement... ADTOE in itself was a major lyrical improvement
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #1463 on: March 28, 2013, 07:13:55 PM »

THERE'S NOT A SINGLE THING IN THE UNIVERSE THAT'S BETTER THAN THE FACT THAT FREAKIN MR MYUNG ANSWERED MY QUESTION.

Wait, that was you who asked the question?

If so, that means that both questions so far have been from members of Dream Theater Forums! (AdamEastment and you.)
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline darkshade

« Reply #1464 on: March 28, 2013, 07:14:05 PM »

5 + 8 = 12

OMG NUGGETZ

I believe I said teh next album would be teh nuggets due to it being 5 + 8 = 13.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=35298.msg1541895#msg1541895    < < <

But you quoted me, and I was talking about DT12.

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1465 on: March 28, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »

THERE'S NOT A SINGLE THING IN THE UNIVERSE THAT'S BETTER THAN THE FACT THAT FREAKIN MR MYUNG ANSWERED MY QUESTION.

If so, that means that both questions so far have been from members of Dream Theater Forums! (AdamEastment and you.)

I think 99% of questions asked were spammed by us

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #1466 on: March 28, 2013, 07:20:20 PM »
Well, Cedar, you have my sincerest and biggest esteem. :) It's good to know that whatever church/organization you will be joining have people like you in it.  :tup

Thanks man, I appreciate that. :tup

Edit: By the way, one of my friends just got his call to Italy.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1468 on: March 28, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »

If that is true then they don't need to be videos. They could just be audio clips.

Well then it's settled. DT, if you are reading this, please... no more videos unless they are ZOMG1080pHIGHDEF!!!!!111 Because they are not worth anyone's time. Either release your updates on 3D BluRay or on some form of lossless audio format we can download... because 320 on youtube is not worthy of your fans.

Holy crap, do you belong to the AT forum? 'Cause that's the only other place I know with that penguin.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Octavaripolis

• DTF's Teenage Weakling
« Reply #1469 on: March 28, 2013, 07:46:20 PM »

Yup! I am pretty sure we'll dominate these questions hehe!
Don't mess with Take The Time.