Author Topic: DT in the studio again!  (Read 846583 times)

Offline aprilethereal

Re: DT in the studio again!
« Reply #6685 on: July 08, 2013, 11:06:42 AM »
Great to have a definite announcement for the announcement. Sucks that I probably won't have access to the internet most of the time tomorrow :angry:

Offline atmyne

• Dog Face no space
« Reply #6686 on: July 08, 2013, 11:12:49 AM »
Great to have a definite announcement for the announcement. Sucks that I probably won't have access to the internet most of the time tomorrow :angry:
*tomorrow comes*
@RRRecords: "check the DT gallery for an additional 16 studio pix! you can find it on www.dreamtheater.net. Announcement for further announcements expected soon! keep watching this space!"

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6687 on: July 08, 2013, 11:15:58 AM »
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for anything significant.

And by that I mean, I'm not gonna be frantically checking back here instead of doing my work, just because some guy on DT claims some guy who runs DT's twitter says there's gonna be an announcement tomorrow.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #6688 on: July 08, 2013, 12:13:36 PM »

I really hope it'll be something important this time.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #6689 on: July 08, 2013, 12:22:55 PM »
Well, judging from the dynamics of that twittversation (and from my predicted timeline of the release) it should be the real deal this time.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline wolven74

• DTF.org Alumni
  • My body is not well
« Reply #6690 on: July 08, 2013, 12:36:11 PM »
I just asked on Twitter about DT news and they replied with one word: tomorrow! My Twitter is @ryancseeley for proof since I can't post a photo right now.
Thats awesome, but I always feel bad about DT fans nagging at them about news all the time  :lol
Same :lol
+1 I just hope we can restrain ourselves from bugging them about news every day between now and the release day. We're starting to prove the lyrics to Never Enough right. I'm hoping "tomorrow" doesn't become the next "soon".  ::)
Everything is immaterial. Do you know that reality is immaterial? This is not reality.
In what friggin' universe is a 68 minute long album "short"?

Offline Mladen

« Reply #6691 on: July 08, 2013, 12:39:45 PM »
Fingers crossed for an exciting announcement.  :metal

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #6692 on: July 08, 2013, 12:44:01 PM »
Does DT typically release the song lengths with the tracklisting? I know some bands do, and others don't. I can't remember the ADTOE press release...
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #6693 on: July 08, 2013, 12:49:56 PM »
They didn't last time. But then again, we got tracklist with the album title, so maybe it'll be different this time.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Dellers

• Funky Norwegian!
« Reply #6694 on: July 08, 2013, 12:58:55 PM »
Considering the master was done last week they do have the track lengths at least, so the question is if they wanna share them yet. If they don't I assume we'll have to wait until they start showing up in the internet stores.
https://soundcloud.com/dellers2/jpxi-o
Religious faith can only exist when there is no God, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to believe.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6695 on: July 08, 2013, 01:03:22 PM »
This thread is an embarassment to DT fandom, in my opinion. We were always known for being really loyal, passionate fans. Not brattish junkies who NEED to know NOW

First off, you aren't the arbitor of what is or is not appropriate DT fandom.  Second, referring to this thread as an "embarassment" and to some who have posted in it as "brattish junkies" is insulting to the members of this forum and is against forum rules.  I will once again remind you that if you do not agree with a thread or a particular poster, your best option is to exit the thread and find one where you can post something constructive rather than posting something that is going to get you into trouble.  Last warning on the subject.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6696 on: July 08, 2013, 01:05:27 PM »
And with regard to the thread itself, there have been repeated statements about it having an unacceptable level of spam posts.  I am locking it and starting a new one.  And, no, this will not be archived, as I said earlier in the thread.  It basically devolved into a somewhat targeted spam thread that made any legitimate discussion almost impossible to follow.  It will be locked for now and eventually deleted.  Let's keep the new one more on track.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."