Author Topic: DT in the studio again!  (Read 842137 times)

Offline liran95

Re: DT in the studio again!
« Reply #3850 on: June 07, 2013, 01:55:52 AM »

Can someone decipher this line of MIDI music and record it so we have a sample of 4 bars of the album?? :o

Or am I late to the party? Has someone already posted this?  :P haha
I've been working on it and based on what I have sequenced so far, the melody sounds WICKED!
I'll be done with a midi sometime later today!

Can't wait to hear it!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:38:52 AM by liran95 »

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #3851 on: June 07, 2013, 02:41:46 AM »

Can someone decipher this line of MIDI music and record it so we have a sample of 4 bars of the album?? :o

I've been working on it and based on what I have sequenced so far, the melody sounds WICKED!

Wow!! Jeez! That's awesome thanks! and BTW that is the greatest avatar i have ever seen

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #3852 on: June 07, 2013, 02:42:45 AM »
You people :D

I wonder what would the band think if they checked this thread  :blush
They'd think we're fabulous that's what they'd think.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #3853 on: June 07, 2013, 02:46:05 AM »
In other news, has anyone noticed and commented on how great Mr. Labrie's hair looks now that it's long again and refilled?  ;)

:rollin

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3854 on: June 07, 2013, 02:46:50 AM »

They'd think we're fabulous that's what they'd think.

Like a rich piece of chocolate cake!

Actually, I think they'd be weirded the hell out. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
« Reply #3855 on: June 07, 2013, 02:53:16 AM »

Well... aren't they checking it?

I think they are. And if it's not them, then it just might be someone close to them.
Personal opinion, as usual.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3856 on: June 07, 2013, 03:00:27 AM »
"I'm running from the enemy inside
Searching for the life I left behind
These suffocating memories
Are etched upon my mind
And I can't escape from the enemy inside"

The song could very well be called "The Enemy Inside".

Or.. In the Presence... of Enemy.

Surprise mutherf*ckers.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #3857 on: June 07, 2013, 03:03:54 AM »
In other news, has anyone noticed and commented on how great Mr. Labrie's hair looks now that it's long again and refilled?  ;)

:rollin

That was the first comment I expressed privately :D

@BlackInk: In The Presence Of The Enemy Inside! :rollin

@StraySeed: Yeah, it's true that what you say happens, most likely. But still I would love to see their faces watching this last few pages!

@Milena: Of course they would. Beautiful and Monstrous.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3858 on: June 07, 2013, 04:37:40 AM »
I really doubt that it's a concept album. Concept albums need titles.

What if Metropolis Pt. 3 is a SONG from this album, and the album after this is Metropolis Pt. 4?
No.  Just no.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #3859 on: June 07, 2013, 07:29:38 AM »
*pic*

Cool! :tup

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3860 on: June 07, 2013, 07:50:05 AM »
I don't think any other band in the world has these kind of fans, writing up a 4 bar midi file haha, but fair play to you and can't wait to hear it!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3861 on: June 07, 2013, 08:16:42 AM »
And people are saying that a name doesn't matter? It totally does, regardless of how indicative of the music it really is. This is part of a product people are going to be buying. the general consensus is that this is going to be the definitive album, and people will be throwing money at their monitors. If this isn't the most epic DT of all time, they could loose some credibility here.

While all opinions are certainly welcome here, yours is just silly.  Nobody from the band has said anything about this being "THE definitive album."  I'm not sure where you are getting that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #3862 on: June 07, 2013, 08:18:33 AM »
And people are saying that a name doesn't matter? It totally does, regardless of how indicative of the music it really is. This is part of a product people are going to be buying. the general consensus is that this is going to be the definitive album, and people will be throwing money at their monitors. If this isn't the most epic DT of all time, they could loose some credibility here.

While all opinions are certainly welcome here, yours is just silly.  Nobody from the band has said anything about this being "THE definitive album."  I'm not sure where you are getting that.

They did however say that they think it's their strongest to date. They think it's better than SDOIT, SFAM, Awake, or I/W.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #3863 on: June 07, 2013, 08:20:44 AM »
In fairness, they say that about every album.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3864 on: June 07, 2013, 08:21:09 AM »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3865 on: June 07, 2013, 08:21:48 AM »
As an artist - you tend to think your newest stuff is your best as it's all new and fresh.

It's basically 75 minutes of music you've written and aren't tired of hearing or playing.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #3866 on: June 07, 2013, 08:24:34 AM »
And even if you don't think it's the best since sliced bread, would you expect a band to come out and say: this is our latest record, it's not as good as the other ones, but we had a studio and some time so wtf?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3867 on: June 07, 2013, 08:26:20 AM »
Noel Gallagher is about the only person who can do that and still sell shitloads :lol

On Be Here Now : " It's just Pub Rock Bollocks. "

On Shoulder Of Giants : " It's not great. There's two shit songs on it. "

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3868 on: June 07, 2013, 08:29:25 AM »

They did however say that they think it's their strongest to date. They think it's better than SDOIT, SFAM, Awake, or I/W.

As others have pointed out, pretty much EVERY band says that about EVERY upcoming album.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #3869 on: June 07, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »
And even if you don't think it's the best since sliced bread, would you expect a band to come out and say: this is our latest record, it's not as good as the other ones, but we had a studio and some time so wtf?

:rollin :rollin :rollin
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3870 on: June 07, 2013, 08:30:16 AM »

In fairness, every single band in the world says this about every new album they release. :lol

That's not to say bands are lying, or that the new album may not actually be their best, but no band is going to outright say "this new one isn't very good, but please buy it anyway", and after spending months working on something so close to them that represents where they are currently at musically.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #3871 on: June 07, 2013, 08:39:13 AM »

In fairness, every single band in the world says this about every new album they release. :lol

That's not to say bands are lying, or that the new album may not actually be their best, but no band is going to outright say "this new one isn't very good, but please buy it anyway", and after spending months working on something so close to them that represents where they are currently at musically.

You know, I think if a band said "yeah, our new album sucks," I'd probably buy it, just out of respect.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3872 on: June 07, 2013, 08:41:25 AM »

You know, I think if a band said "yeah, our new album sucks," I'd probably buy it, just out of respect.

I recall reading an interview with an artist about their latest album where they actually said they thought the new album was really good, but not as good as the last one, and I found that surprisingly refreshing to read (for the record, I agreed with him. It was a good album, but not as good as the one before it).
Very rare to hear though.

Offline atmyne

• Dog Face no space
« Reply #3873 on: June 07, 2013, 08:51:29 AM »

a silly opinion? a little brash don't ya think?
My point was more hyperbole than literally "the definitive album". It's an exaggerated interpretation of how people could, perhaps even WILL interpret the album as self titled, and impound meaning into what to expect. This is an internet forum, not necessarily a court of law to present hard evidence or a forum to present empirically derived conclusions etc etc...
I will add that, which i did state previously, that its true that being self titled could imply a new DT sound, or a fresh start: a NEW DT, which was not alluded to at all by what I had said. However, as per that previous message, I'm implicitly putting forward the possibility that its self titled PARTIALLY for HYPE and to generate sales. I'm not denoting that as peer reviewed science...

Offline VincentMDO

« Reply #3874 on: June 07, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »

Dunno if it has been posted here, but this shows up on the video from RoadRunner UK. Speculate!
"So would tell him what to do... Would you?"

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #3875 on: June 07, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
I wonder when that's from? It appeared to be from before the lyrics were written, as both that column and the one for lead vocals are empty.

Offline atmyne

• Dog Face no space
« Reply #3876 on: June 07, 2013, 09:18:02 AM »
"Dolphin Safe"  :-\  WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3877 on: June 07, 2013, 09:19:34 AM »
Well, looks like there will be an intro track and an instrumental, and 7 songs with vocals (barring any last-minute additions like Beneath The Surface).  And an "easter egg"...hmmm.  And they still had a lot of keys and vocals left to record as of early April.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3878 on: June 07, 2013, 09:20:45 AM »
Percussion is separate to drums. JLB BRINGS OUT THE TAMBOURINE, BITCHES!

Very interesting info there. Does this mean 9 tracks?

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #3879 on: June 07, 2013, 09:22:40 AM »
Huh. The "writing" column for Easter Egg isn't checked. So it's going to be there, but they don't know what it is?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3880 on: June 07, 2013, 09:24:20 AM »
Huh. The "writing" column for Easter Egg isn't checked. So it's going to be there, but they don't know what it is?

It's all crosses, which means it's not applicable. Clearly the easter egg will be a John Myung spoken monologue at the end of the album.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3881 on: June 07, 2013, 09:25:55 AM »
As always, it is great to see a lot of acoustic guitar, although JP often does acoustic in the background behind a electric, to make it sound more full, so that doesn't necessarily mean there will be a lot of lead acoustic stuff, but we can always dream, right?  :coolio

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #3882 on: June 07, 2013, 09:26:13 AM »

It's all crosses, which means it's not applicable. Clearly the easter egg will be a John Myung spoken monologue at the end of the album.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3883 on: June 07, 2013, 09:26:20 AM »
That's awesome! So we have 8 songs + 1 intro song (Opening) and a bonus track (Easter Egg) maybe?

But lyrics is marked on the Opening track which made me instantly think of a concept album (don't ask me why).

And we also have a guest spot on the first track!?

Let speculations begin.

EDIT: My bad x means of course no lyrics!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3884 on: June 07, 2013, 09:26:36 AM »
I hope they aren't final... Vinegar seed? Epic? Dolphin safe?  Edit: doubt it, YAAARRGG