Author Topic: Jingle.boy's Top 50v2 - Stick a fork in this .... It's done!  (Read 47503 times)

Offline Orthogonal

Re: Jingle.boy's Top 50v2 - No shortage of brains with this Scarecrow
« Reply #420 on: April 19, 2013, 08:21:01 PM »
Just barely discovered these guys, I only have Metal Opera Pt2 for now, but I plan on checking out the rest of their catalog.

Offline Lowdz

Re: Jingle.boy's Top 50v2 - No shortage of brains with this Scarecrow
« Reply #421 on: April 20, 2013, 07:15:13 AM »
One of my fav bands, although I still think the debut is Avantasia's best.  ;D

The CD/DVD is incredible.

1st album is incredible. Scarecrow maybe edges it? Not sure.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Jingle.boy's Top 50v2 - I think *it* moved!
« Reply #422 on: April 20, 2013, 08:41:59 AM »
One of my fav bands, although I still think the debut is Avantasia's best.  ;D

I know... and this is where we will agree to disagree.

2) Epysode – Obsessions (2011)

Tracks to try ... Obsessions, Invisible Nations, March of the Ghosts

May 2012... My roulette, round one.  The format I had had a little head-to-head competition going on, and I had Nem vs RJ out of the gate.  Got RJ’s song first (IQ, The Wrong Side of Weird).  What a great tune.  I had no idea how Nem was going to match up with that song it was so good.  Well, as Connery said in The Untouchables “They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.”  She did it ‘The Chicago Way’ and :pwnt:.  Sending me the title track from this album, and I make very little exaggeration when I say it ‘moved’ me... as in the George Costanza “I think it moved” way.  This is likely my best song discovery of 2012.  Prog-metal as fuck, and sending the video was something special; a nice little intro to the concept, and a beautifully produced rendition of the band laying the beat down on my musical senses, in a way akin to how a chunk of undissolved wasabi hits your pallet and nasal passage.
Epysode is a project-based outfit, forged from the brilliance of Samuel Arkan.  Musically, outside of Kris Gildenlow the rest of the musicians aren’t exactly from the A-List - Samuel Arkan (Virus IV), Léo Margarit - Pain Of Salvation, Ruud Jolie), Christophe Godin (Gnô, Morglbl Trio), and Julien Spreutels (Ethernity).  However, as I’ve come to learn, unbelievable talent is everywhere, and popularity or notoriety is not a requisite for brilliant talent.
On to the album... most concepts are pretty easy to grasp, or might need a handful of listens to get the general gist of what’s going on.  Obsessions is like no other concept I’ve heard... not politically motivated, sci-fi, fantasy, real life or romantic.  Just by the names of the characters, you can tell that this is a super-natural thriller. Vocally, it’s a powerhouse.  Kelly Sundown - Kallon (The Profiler); Magali Luyten - Esh (The Soul); Oddleif Stensland - Yae (The Fallen/Killer); Liselotte "Lilo" Hegt - Valma (The Medium); Rick Aitzi - Maymos (The Ghost).  However, what can’t be told from the lyrics or the cast is the depth of the back-story, which could very easily be a full-length feature movie, a delicately woven tale with dark, unearthly, and unexpected twists.  Most of my love for female vocalists has been either the bluesy rocker chicks of old (Joplin, Wilson, Jordan), or the newer symphonic opera babes (Turanen, Adel, Jansen).  Luyten gave me some deep, hard-core metal that I’ve never heard from a lady before.  Wow (and man, she’s smokin’!).  Stensland nails whole bunch of vocal styles from clean to aggressive, and delivers them with a deep and powerful aggression.  Altzi is gritty and full of charisma, and Hegt (Gildenlow’s wife if you didn’t know) provides a nice counter-balance to Luyten’s deep and dark vocals, with a smoother and more traditional sound and range that I’d expect from a female vocalist.

Since some of the above comments “borrow” from Nem’s review of the album, I’ll now give formal credit, and finish with some “paraphrasing”. 
Musically... “The thick textures, the structure, the sound, the variety, the jaw dropping guitar work, the atmospheric and exciting keys, competent drum work… What this combination yields, coupled with the dazzling vocals – oh, there are many moments of pure vox-gasm there! -- is a masterpiece.” 
Vocally... “All these guys are doing a phenomenal job at conveying the emotion of their respective roles. The cast works call and responses very well… The diversity in their voices and styles is yet another win. All in all, very well chosen bunch shining brightly throughout the album. At times, the album gets vocally driven which is not surprising as the musicianship on the background is consistently impeccable throughout and the vocals have the freedom to drive the listener. And, oh boy, these guys have the means to drive you every which way they want – from desperation to hope, frustration to rage, despair to happiness… If it wasn’t for the brilliant musicianship, they could have been singing to anything and it would have been a masterpiece anyway!”
On the album as a whole ... “the Song-writing is phenomenal. There’s not a bad, even average song in this batch. All are technical, complex, layered, catchy and all complement to the whole picture. At times, it gets really metal and when it does it just grabs you by your collar and slams you into your speakers so you pay attention. They also flow perfectly into each other. Obviously, having this concept behind, it’s one of those albums you want to hear in one go, each song in sequence. It is best to be enjoyed as a whole as it is clearly envisioned to be a complete experience. Even if you visit the album for one particular song, it will make you want to hear the whole thing!”

It’s pretty incredible that despite being a brilliant concept album that must be listened to start-to-finish to be truly appreciated, other than the two opening/intro tracks, each song can stand on its own merits as an individual song.  Put them all together though, and it is something beyond special, beyond magical, beyond impressive, beyond spectacular ... I really don’t know what single word in the English language can be used to describe it.

To the Lady - :forevergrateful: ... again.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Jingle.boy's Top 50v2 - I think it moved!!
« Reply #423 on: April 21, 2013, 05:10:21 AM »
Another one I still need to check out.  :facepalm:
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Jingle.boy's Top 50v2 - I think it moved!!
« Reply #424 on: April 21, 2013, 08:48:19 AM »
Great album!!!!

(IQ still should have won though)

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Ok, time to take this thing home.  And for post 8000, here we have it.

1) Flaming Row – Elinoire (2011)   

Tracks to try ... Unearth The Truth, Rage of Despair, Do You Like Country Grandpa

And so ends another Top 50.  This is kinda anti-climactic for at least four of you, as I’ve made no bones about my love for this album even before I listened to it.  It all started with a random post by Ich Bin Besser (https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25455.0) hyping this album.  I’d never even heard of IBB before, and not even really sure why I clicked on the thread.  Interesting writeup, and decent lineup of contributors (including Gary Wehrkamp and Brendt Allman from Shadow Gallery, Jimmy Keegan from Spock’s Beard, and Billy Sherwood ex of Yes).  It probably wasn’t until Nick’s reply that he was sure to check it out that I took any notice.  After watching the trailer on YT, I was hooked enough to purchase.  Spent $30 to buy directly from the band (that’s the only place I could find it at the time), and that’s easily the most I’ve ever spent on a single CD.  I’ll tell you this, it was worth every fuckin penny.  Amazingly, Nick posted his review (https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=27179.0) about an hour after I got the CD in the mail, and with a 10/10 rating, and statements like “I will even go so far to say that the various female vocalists on this album are better utilized than the woman on any Ayreon album.” I was intrigued (given my – and Nick’s – absolute love for everything Ayreon).  Following the ‘making of’ videos they posted to YouTube made me love this all the more. 
Every roulette I’ve been in, I always try to find a way to get a song in from this album, and for everyone that has received a song from this album (Nem, Rich, Scrop, Lolz, and others), it always score’s well.  It’s absolutely criminal that this album has gone unnoticed, and I’ll continue to pimp this every chance I get.  Flaming Row is on my first page of all-time band listens at last.fm, and this is their only album – and that doesn’t count the number of times I’ve spun the CD in the car.
There isn’t a single thing about this album that I don’t absolutely love.  It’s got everything that appeals to this music lover... great concept, amazing compositions, flawless musical delivery, and brilliant vocal performances.  Knowing this was all self-produced by Martin Schnella and Kiri Geile makes it all the more impressive.  When it was announced that they were touring, I was super jealous.  When it was announced they would be opening for Beyond the Bridge, and both bands doing their awesome concept albums, I honestly looked into the price to fly to Frankfurt to see the show.  Alas, cost and work/family obligations got in the way (and I’ll forever be envious of Nem for seeing it front row – and interviewing both bands).
That’s enough for this post... I’ll let you all digest this, then post the review I did for it at ladyobscure.com (https://www.ladyobscure.com/albums/flaming-row-elinoire/ if you want to go directly there for a deeper read on the album).

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Orthogonal

Can't argue with that. It really is fantastic. I thank this forum for bringing it to my attention. I think it was Dr. DTVT's underappreciated band thread that got me to pull the trigger (He needs to finish that btw).

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Yup, incredible album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I've had a bit of a listen to that due to past reccomendations from you.  Haven't spent much time with it, but it is indeed killer.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
great album!
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Orthogonal

I just realized that Haken is no where to be found on the list or the honorable mentions. If you haven't checked them out yet you absolutely should, they are the best thing not on your list if you haven't heard them yet.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I indeed have heard some of them, but wasn't  :eek!  They're probably going to be like Redemption for me ... something that takes a few tries to "click"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm with you Chad, I don't understand the love for Haken, they were cool but that's about it.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Jingle.boy's Top 50v2 - Elinoire reviewed
« Reply #433 on: April 22, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »
Because in very proud of the review I did for the good Lady last summer, I have to paste it here. The above post did not do my lovemformthis album enough justice.

I’m not an artist by any stretch, in any discipline -- music, video, art … anything.  I don’t have much talent in that arena anymore.  I’m not all that creative either.  Even if I did have the talent or creativity, I don’t have the discipline or patience to fine-tune and hone my craft over, and over, and over again until it’s just right.  I much rather prefer to just appreciate the efforts and talents of others.  I’ve often wondered if musicians, artists of any sorts really, truly appreciate their own work, and can recognize when they’ve put together something special… given the countless times they’ve had to re-listen to every little aspect of their creation.  Then, an album comes along like Flaming Row’s Elinoire, and I can’t help but think that the creators MUST know it.  How could they not?  When the end result is a true gem that was the best album I heard in 2011, topping (in my opinion) heavy-weights such as A Dramatic Turn of Events, Iconoclast and Imaginaerum.  And amongst my musical peers, I wasn’t alone in the belief that it was one of the (if not the) best prog-metal albums of 2011.

Such is the creation that Martin Schnella and Kiri Geile ended with in Elinoire.  Brace yourselves, here’s another concept album.  Yes, we do love them here.  Elinoire provides another very unique and intriguing concept:

The story about a young British family. Lea and Adam Baltwin are at their prime of life, having great jobs and live in prosperity. Lea became pregnant. But while the birth of their daughter Elinoire, Lea died because of medical reasons. Adam never overcame the sudden death of his beloved wife and laid the blame on Elinoire. Within the years he could not build up an ordinary relationship to Elinoire. Adam’s father Cyrus Baltwin took on the role of the father figure. But after some years, some true facts about the previous life of Lea were revealed. Was Lea’s death really an accident?

The story is told by the real characters, their emotions (Love, Rage…) and some virtuals (Time, Destiny, Death, Spirit and so on). There are 15 different singers, female and male, performing the roles of the story.

Something is to be said when a relatively unknown German prog-metal act is able to attract some (almost) household prog names in Gary Wehrkamp and Brendt Allman (Shadow Gallery), Billy Sherwood (1990s Yes), and Jimmy Keegan (Spock’s Beard) to contribute to this masterpiece.  Combined those talents with relatively unknown female vocalists (at least for my North American ears) Micheala Auer, Jessica Schmalle, and Anne Trautman, and this is pound for pound, easily comparable against some of the greatest prog-metal concept albums of all time… as good as Scenes From A Memory and Operation:Mindcrime.  The ladies on this album are the true hidden gems.  The passion that comes through their voices is unmistakable, and incredibly moving.  The album contains some remarkably impressive vocal layering, especially in the opening track, which at 95 seconds, tells much of the story, and has more lyrical content than 8 minute tracks that come later.  Schnella was even able to make me a fan (at least on this album) of scream/growl vocals.  Usually, I can’t stand them, but they are used so incredibly appropriately, you can’t help but appreciate and love them.

Musically, the guitars are what really stand out to me – and all forms… electric, acoustic, baritone, 12-string, mandolin, banjo.  Raw, powerful, delicate, simple, grandiose… I’m not sure what other ways I can describe how incredible and diverse they are from track to track.  The melodies and solo’s (contributed by seven different axemen) are simply astounding.  There are so many riffs that just get stuck in your head.  Like any good concept album, Schnella was not afraid to incorporate several non-traditional instruments, most noticeably on the banjo-led Do You Like Country Grandpa? -- a short instrumental that is so out of place, it fits magically, and is a welcome (albeit brief) reprieve from the prog-metal on auditory display.

Rage of Despair is the first apex of the story, and the heaviest track of the album, containing one of the aforementioned riffs that get stuck in your head.  Unearth the Truth is the true climax, and (re?) opens the true questions of the story that go unanswered, left up to the listener to figure out, or draw their own conclusions (of which I have drawn three distinct possibilities of my own).  The final conclusion comes with A Place to Revive Your Soul, a five part track that revisits all the elements you’ve just experienced for the last 17 songs … guitar melodies and riffs that envelope you, vocal layering that hits you from every angle, multiple guitar solos that change the mood and emotion being portrayed, all stitched together in a magnificent manner.

Lyrically, Elinoire is a wonderfully complex character driven album, using not only “people” as the characters, but (similar to The Human Equation) utilizes more non-human characters (Spirit, Love, Time, Season, Conscience, Destiny, Death, Rage, Liberty and Forgiveness) to deliver the story.  Some (Schnella as Spirit, Wehrkamp as Conscience and Geile as Destiny) are prominent throughout, while others pop in for key contributions, or even just a chorus or two.  The lyrics are intricately woven between physical and virtual characters, and it is the latter that carries the sub-plot -- one of the many reasons I keep coming back to this album.  Many concept albums (including the greats of Tommy, The Wall, Operation:Mindcrime and Scenes From A Memory ) don’t leave a lot to the imagination with respect to the story – being fairly easy to follow and understand, even the sub-plot’s.  However, I still haven’t figured out the true story behind Elinoire.  I still find something new every time I listen to it, a new sound that ‘wows’ me, or a new piece to the puzzle uncovering the truth behind the story.  Given English is clearly a second language for Schnella and Geile, the lyrics are filled with cute translations and pronunciations – not in a bad way whatsoever.  While they provide a charm that (ironically) can’t be accurately described in English (“Don’t fool about”; “I’m forever on your side at all the time”; “My camouflage’s uncovered now” and several other instances) they also make comprehending the sub-plot a little more difficult.

Based on the web-series the band released on Youtube chronicling the recording, Elinoire appears to be essentially a self-produced album.  And in that case, the overall package is even that much more impressive.  It’s fantastic to see two people so committed and passionate about their craft, and that dedication shows in the final output.

Offline Orthogonal

« Reply #434 on: April 23, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »
I didn't realize Wehrkamp and Allman were on the album for some reason. I thought I noticed a bit of an SG vibe in some sections.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #435 on: April 23, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »
I haven't heard the album, but I'll have to check it out.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #436 on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:48 AM »
Avantasia and Beyond the Bridge are incredible!
I haven't heard Epysode or Flaming Row; I suppose I should now.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #437 on: April 24, 2013, 04:43:05 AM »
 :laugh: :heart

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #438 on: April 24, 2013, 10:59:54 AM »
This album gets the Lowdz seal of approval.  :tup
Enjoyed the review too.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #439 on: April 24, 2013, 11:41:53 AM »
JB, been out of the loop. Can you please post a list of albums?

Also, If Tobias stuck to writing and not singing, I'd like Avantasia a LOT more!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #440 on: April 24, 2013, 12:13:13 PM »
JB, been out of the loop. Can you please post a list of albums?

Also, If Tobias stuck to writing and not singing, I'd like Avantasia a LOT more!

A post-mortem is still forthcoming.

Also, I like Toby's voice. Works well for his songs.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2013, 04:15:05 PM »
Sounds like he's trying to be both Michael Kiske AND Jon Bon Jovi at the same time!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #442 on: April 24, 2013, 04:23:48 PM »
Haven't heard Elinoire yet; loved loved loved your review though. Epysode was pretty okay back then, I wasn't really mad about it although I liked it a fair bit, I just suppose I'm not the rock-opera-concept type of prog metaller.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #443 on: April 24, 2013, 10:00:36 PM »
Haven't heard Elinoire yet; loved loved loved your review though. Epysode was pretty okay back then, I wasn't really mad about it although I liked it a fair bit, I just suppose I'm not the rock-opera-concept type of prog metaller.

Thanks Milena. That means a ton coming from you!

And for TAC, da list. (Hopefully you'll go back and peruse a few writeuos)

50) Amaranthe – Amaranthe (2011)
49) After Forever – After Forever (2007)
48) Lord – Set in Stone (2009)
47) Magnitude 9 – Reality in Focus (2000)
46) Prymary – The Enemy Inside (2009)
45) Darwin’s Radio – Template for A Generation (2010)
44) Royal Hunt – Paradox (1997)
43) Jørn – Out To Every Nation (2004)
42) Amaran’s Plight – Voice in the Light (2007)
41) Masterplan – Aeronautics (2005)
40) Damnation Angels – Bringer of Light (2012)
39) Lost In Thought – Opus Arise (2011)
38) Presto Ballet – The Lost Art of Time Travel (2008)
37) Soul Secret – Closer to Daylight (2011)
36) The Magnificent – The Magnificent (2011)
35) Symphony-X - V: The New Mythology Suite (2000)
34) Spock’s Beard – The Kindness of Strangers (1998)
33) Starbreaker – Starbreaker (2005)
32) Stargate – Beyond Space and Time (2012)
31) Royal Hunt – X (2010)
30) Ice Age – Liberation (2001)
29) Tears of Anger – In The Shadows (2006)
28) Stream of Passion – Embrace the Storm (2005)
27) Seventh Wonder – Mercy Falls (2010)
26) Pagan’s Mind – Celestial Entrance (2002)
25) Mind’s Eye – A Gentleman’s Hurricane (2007)
24) Beautiful Sin – The Unexpected (2011)
23) Nemesea – The Quiet Resistance (2011)
22) Threshold – Subsurface (2004)
21) Roswell Six – Terra Incognita:Beyond the Horizon (2009)
20) Frameshift – Unweaving the Rainbow (2003)
19) Flying Colors – Flying Colors (2012)
18) Blessed By A Broken Heart – Feel The Power (2012)
17) Threshold – March of Progress (2012)
16) Symphony X – The Divine Wings of Tragedy (1997)
15) Redemption – The Fullness of Time (2005)
14) Transatlantic – Bridge Across Forever (2001)
13) Spock’s Beard – Snow (2002)
12) Toby Hitchcock – Mercury’s Down (2011)
11) Affector – Harmagedon (2012)
10) Symphony X – The Odyssey (2002)
9) Spock’s Beard – Day For Night (1999)
8) Neonfly – Outshine the Sun (2011)
7) Allen/Lande – The Battle (2005)
6) Consortium Project - <I thru V> (1998-2011)
5) Beyond The Bridge – Old Man and the Spirit (2012)
4) Frameshift – An Absence of Empathy (2005)
3) Avantasia – The Scarecrow Saga (2008-2010)
2.5) Avantasia - The Flying Opera (2011)
2) Epysode – Obsessions (2011)
1) Flaming Row – Elinoire (2011)

Final thoughts tomorrow or Friday.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Jingle.boy's Top 50v2 - The final tally
« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2013, 04:05:17 AM »
Incredible list.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2013, 08:47:25 AM »
Thanks J-Boy! I'll definitely go through it. Most of the time I just don't have the time to follow Top 50 threads, but I'll pick a couple bands to zero in on and let you know.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #446 on: April 26, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »
And as a final post mortem, here are a handful of albums that DTF’rs put me on to in the last 8 months that resulted in the :evilmonkey: instant purchase, but I just didn’t have it in me to try and re-jig my list at all.

Phantom’s Opera – Act IV (Lowdz)
Powerworld – Human Parsite (Nick)
Dimension Act – Manifestation of Progress (Mason)... holy fuck, the more I listen to this, the more it challenges for 2012 AOTY!!!
Red Circuit – Homeland (Nem)
Vandroya – One (Nem)
IQ – Subterranea (RJ)
Mind Key – Pulse for a Graveheart (RJ)
Nation Beyond – The Aftermath Odyssey (RJ)
Mechanical Poet – Handmade Essence/Woodland Prattlers (RJ)
Speaking to Stones – Elements (RJ, with an assist from Barry)
Transcend – The Mind (RJ... with an assist to Johnny Superfan)
Mystery – Beneath the Veil of Winter’s Face (RJ... Mason may have called it out first, but RJ is who got me to listen/buy to this)
Burning Point – The Ignitor (Mason)
Heart of Cygnus – The Voyage of Jonas (Barry)
Pyramid Theorem – Voyage to the Star (Johnny Superfan)
Headspace – I Am Anonymous (the whole damn forum it seemed)

And some interesting stats:
Concepts – 18 (including the Top 6)

Individual Contributors
Neal Morse - 5
Jorn Lande - 5
Chris Quirarte - 3
Russell Allen - 5
Female vocal lead – 5
Female vocal contribution - 6
Gary W – 3

DTF’rs responsible
Nick/WPaPU – 11 (entries... 13 albums)
Nem/LadyObscure.com – 8 (entries... 12 albums)
RJ - 4
Mason – 3
Wolf - 3
My Roulette - 8
The RecordLabel.net - 5

Year of Release
Pre 2000 - 5
2000-2004 - 8
2005-2009 - 16
2010 - 3
2011 – 13 (damn what a good year for me!)
2012- 7 (+ all the bands I already knew pre DTF, this too was an amazing year!)

And there ya have it folks, another happy ending.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #447 on: April 26, 2013, 07:23:10 PM »
Dimension Act – Manifestation of Progress (Mason)... holy fuck, the more I listen to this, the more it challenges for 2012 AOTY!!!
Speaking to Stones – Elements (RJ, with an assist from Barry)
Headspace – I Am Anonymous (the whole damn forum it seemed)

these three are amazing.  Elements is quickly moving up my favorites list.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Re: Jingle.boy's Top 50v2 - Stick a fork in this .... It's done!
« Reply #448 on: April 26, 2013, 09:40:57 PM »
Totally agreed, I would consider it a contender for album of the year for me with Beyond the Bridge.

Offline Orthogonal

« Reply #449 on: April 26, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
From your final 50, I own 15 of them, but 11 of them were acquired in the last year or so and all purchases can be attributed to DTF. I've also got many of the others now on my continually expanding wishlist (100+ on Amazon). Great list overall.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #450 on: April 27, 2013, 09:34:41 AM »
Burning Point. That's it!!!!!!!!

A couple of months ago, I stumbled upon this while browsing on Amazon. The samples sounded great but I had no money to buy. For some reason I never put it in my Wish List. Now that I have a nice gift card balance, I've spent a week trying to find this awesome sounding album with a dark red cover.

I'm ordering as soon as I get home today!!!

Thanks, JB!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #451 on: April 27, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »

A couple of months ago, I stumbled upon this while browsing on Amazon. The samples sounded great but I had no money to buy. For some reason I never put it in my Wish List. Now that I have a nice gift card balance, I've spent a week trying to find this awesome sounding album with a dark red cover.

Thanks, JB!

Glad I could be here for ya pal!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #452 on: April 27, 2013, 10:27:59 AM »

Thanks, JB!

Glad I could be here for ya pal!

Canada: America's Hat Headphones!