Author Topic: 2013 Ten Thousand Mile Challenge v. Log it here!  (Read 30475 times)

Offline Ħ

Re: 2013 Ten Thousand Mile Challenge v. Log it here!
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 10:51:38 PM »
Ran 6 miles today. Feel great.

Bike: 10 miles
Running: 6 miles

DTF Total: 68.3 miles
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 10:08:18 AM »
Ran 6 miles today. Feel great.

Do you run outdoors or treadmill it? I only treadmill it when the condition outdoors is impossible to run in. The treadmill is great for a sustained inclined walk though
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Ħ

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 10:24:31 AM »
Treadmill due to outdoor conditions. Don't like to run in the cold and rain. Also, because I'm recovering from shinsplints and the treadmill is softer.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2013, 10:31:35 AM »
Treadmill due to outdoor conditions. Don't like to run in the cold and rain. Also, because I'm recovering from shinsplints and the treadmill is softer.
Yeah, I'll run outdoors if its in the upper 40's, anything colder than that is un-enjoyable for me. And here in St. Louis we've had some colder weather as of late which has forced my hand to stick with the Insanity DVDs. We don't have a home treadmill any longer but we do have gym memberships. Which is where we are off to in a out half an hour.
  Have you ever trail ran? I started that about 2 years ago and it's pretty cool. The change if terrain, the scenery....it's kind of relaxing actually even though its a bit more difficult running conditions.
  Nothing gets your heart pumping like running down a winding, rocky path knowing you really can't stop if you wanted.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 10:47:27 AM »
I haven't run trails before, but I really want to get into it. Problem is, my max stamina is limited so I can't just hop onto whatever trail I wanted. Also I am very ignorant of how to find trails near where I live.

Offline jsem

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 10:55:36 AM »
Got crazy sore calves yesterday. Have been away from excersice for three months-ish, at least running... need a few days rest from running.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 11:21:18 AM »
I haven't run trails before, but I really want to get into it. Problem is, my max stamina is limited so I can't just hop onto whatever trail I wanted. Also I am very ignorant of how to find trails near where I live.
Not sure what state you live in but Missouri Conservation has a website that lists all the state parks and in each State Parks link is a map and description of their trails and campsites. Maybe your state has something similar?
  Start slow if your stamina is low. Run/jog what you can then walk to recoup. Even walking is a workout when your traveling on uneven, hilly trails. Trail running really rejuvenated my running routine.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2013, 11:45:38 AM »
Not sure what state you live in but Missouri Conservation has a website that lists all the state parks and in each State Parks link is a map and description of their trails and campsites. Maybe your state has something similar?
  Start slow if your stamina is low. Run/jog what you can then walk to recoup. Even walking is a workout when your traveling on uneven, hilly trails. Trail running really rejuvenated my running routine.

In which parks do you run? I only ask because I'm going to take up archery soon and would find a moving target a good challenge.  :biggrin:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ħ

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2013, 01:15:41 PM »
About to go again. An hour a day is where I'm at right now strengthwise, but I feel my stamina is a little bit better. Still, don't want to overdo it and get hurt.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2013, 02:41:31 PM »
Just walked 2 miles...

I expect I'll contribute much more later in the year when the weather is a little nicer for running and biking.

DTF Total: 69.3
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2013, 03:41:23 PM »
1/5/2013 - Ran 4 Miles on Treadmill at Rec. Center
                 Swam half mile = 2 miles per conversion       

Personal Total: 23.5 Miles

DTF Total: 75.3 Miles

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
In which parks do you run? I only ask because I'm going to take up archery soon and would find a moving target a good challenge.  :biggrin:

I'd make that first shot count then because while your re-notching your second arrow there would most certainly be return fire....9 of them actually, hollowed tipped and moving quick..... :biggrin:

Do you live in MO? My primary trail run is as Mastadon State Park. It's literally 5 minutes from my house so it's very convinient. There is a nice 3/4 mile 'flat' loop and 2 1/4 mile loop of rough terrain and difficult elevation climbs that I run twice through for a good 6 Mile run....it is a great workout.

Online Adami

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2013, 03:58:11 PM »

I'd make that first shot count then because while your re-notching your second arrow there would most certainly be return fire....9 of them actually, hollowed tipped and moving quick..... :biggrin:

Do you live in MO? My primary trail run is as Mastadon State Park. It's literally 5 minutes from my house so it's very convinient. There is a nice 3/4 mile 'flat' loop and 2 1/4 mile loop of rough terrain and difficult elevation climbs that I run twice through for a good 6 Mile run....it is a great workout.

You go running with a gun?!?!?

And yea, I live in St. Louis. Sadly I just realized that while I know where lots of parks are, I have no idea what any of them are called short of Forrest Park obviously.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2013, 04:08:40 PM »
You go running with a gun?!?!?

And yea, I live in St. Louis. Sadly I just realized that while I know where lots of parks are, I have no idea what any of them are called short of Forrest Park obviously.
The only place I am not carrying is at church and that's only because I know the level of security that is already in place. Other than that...I'm ready to defend myself and my family....whether it be a rabid bobcat or raccoon while running or some unfortunate criminal who has bad intentions. But that's a topic for a whole other thread.

Forest Park is a good place to run also. It's all asphault but it is outdoors and it's over a 5 mile loop....lots of elevation changes and good scenery (for the most part)

Offline Ħ

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2013, 04:41:17 PM »
Whew! Biked and ran. This daily running is killing me. With rest I can easily muster more than an hour, but two sequential days is very difficult. I think I'll have to alternate my running and biking days to get enough rest.

Bike: 15 miles
Running: 10 miles

DTF Total: 81.8 miles

Based on the rate we're going, we are behind schedule only slightly. My hope is that more people will catch on.

Online Adami

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2013, 06:15:10 PM »
Just ran my first mile since hurting my back. Hurt.

But I like this thread, even more incentive to back into shape. Thanks Brother H!

DTF Total: 82.8 miles
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Fisi

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2013, 02:06:08 AM »
4.4 miles of running yesterday.

Personal total: 16.5 miles
DTF Total: 87.2 miles

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2013, 08:11:29 AM »
3 more miles walking (4 total)

DTF total: 88.7 miles
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Fisi

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2013, 09:58:21 AM »
Ran 4.4 miles also today.

Personal total: 20.9 miles
DTF Total: 93.1 miles

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »
Ran two miles.

Personal total: 7

DTF total: 95.1 miles
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Ħ

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2013, 03:06:37 PM »
Biked 6 miles.

Bike: 21 miles
Running: 10 miles

DTF total: 98.1 miles

Offline Ħ

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 03:07:04 PM »
But I like this thread, even more incentive to back into shape. Thanks Brother H!
Glad to hear it! :tup

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »
1/6/2013 - Ran 5.5 Miles in my subdivision and surrounding streets.       

Personal Total: 29 Miles

DTF Total: 103.6 Miles

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 03:41:18 PM »

Hey Adami I thought about this last night....there is a great park/pair of trails at a Nature Center about 5 minutes from where you said you live. Powder Valley Nature Center has (2) paved trails that are carved through the woods...there is varying elevations and it is very scenic. It'd be a great workout just walking it. Just wanted to let you know that in case you hadn't ever heard of it or been there. It's pretty cool.

Online Adami

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2013, 06:12:04 PM »

Hey Adami I thought about this last night....there is a great park/pair of trails at a Nature Center about 5 minutes from where you said you live. Powder Valley Nature Center has (2) paved trails that are carved through the woods...there is varying elevations and it is very scenic. It'd be a great workout just walking it. Just wanted to let you know that in case you hadn't ever heard of it or been there. It's pretty cool.

Yea, there's two great places right near me, I know one of them is powder valley, but I can't remember which one (though a quick google search will help that). Once it's a little warmer outside I'll probably be hiking there often.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ħ

« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2013, 01:42:36 PM »
Ran 6 miles. It's getting easier.

Bike: 21 miles
Running: 16 miles

DTF Total: 109.6 miles

Online Adami

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2013, 02:43:55 PM »
Gonna run another mile in a few minutes and then walk two more miles. It'll take me a few weeks of that to be able to run several miles.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2013, 05:16:57 PM »
2.5 miles on elliptica.

Personal: 9.5 miles
DTF Total: 112.1 miles
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online Adami

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2013, 05:39:41 PM »
3 miles (estimated since there's no tracker yet) on my elliptical.

Personal: 4 miles

DTF Total: 115.1 miles
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ħ

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2013, 11:04:14 PM »
Nice going guys.

Now that school has started, the only good time for the gym is right when it opens at 6am. But my day typically runs until 11pm. So the goings going to get rough.

Offline Fisi

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2013, 12:41:17 PM »
4.5 miles of running today.

Personal total: 25.4 miles
DTF Total: 119.6 miles

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2013, 01:43:10 PM »
90 minutes of sports today, so 9 miles.

DTF Total: 128.6 miles
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2013, 04:22:39 PM »
1/8/2013 - Ran 5.5 Miles today at lunch on a beautiful upper 50's afternoon! It was so nice outside.....       

Personal Total: 34.5 Miles

DTF Total: 134.1 Miles

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2013, 07:33:33 PM »
I will try to update here when I can, but I'm currently training for the collegiate cycling season that starts in March. I'll start keeping track of my miles in this thread from here onward. I will include both outdoor rides and indoor trainer rides (both types of riding will be measured on my cyclocomputer for consistency).

1/8/2013:  Biked 47.3 miles outdoors. A bit of a chilly day in Columbus, but I got a nice ride done on the bike/running trails here.

Personal Total:  47.3 miles

DTF Total:  157.8 Miles

EDIT: Adjusted DTF total to include half of what I biked today, according to the OP.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:43:51 PM by ResultsMayVary »
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2013, 07:36:52 PM »
Nice Job ResultsMayVary!  :metal :metal  If this thread could get a few more bikers in it or at least to log their mileage here we'd be on the way for sure!