General > Movies and TV

God-awful movies you loved as a child.

(1/24) > >>

MetalJunkie:
I'm talking movies that were terrible beyond belief. Movies so bad your parents had to be completely devoted and selfless so as to let you sit down and watch the two-hour piece of garbage.

Mine was Adventures in Dinosaur City

From Wikipedia:

--- Quote ---The story involves a trio of teenagers, named Timmy, Jamie and Mick, who enjoy watching their favorite TV show which features anthropomorphic dinosaurs. Wanting to watch it on a better screen, Timmy, the youngest of the three, suggests that they try watching it on his father's screen in his laboratory. The moment they turn it on, a vortex sucks the three into the TV screen, and into their favorite show. Upon entering the new world, the trio comes across a flightless Dimorphodon named Forry. Although reluctant at first to help them, his knowledge of Dinosaur City proves useful, as he guides the three to Tar Town, where they join up with Rex and Tops, two dinosaur freedom fighters willing to ignite a revolution against the villain, Mr. Big, and his caveman henchmen, "The Rockies".
--- End quote ---

Why did I enjoy it so much? I think it's because, as children, we all want to be in our favorite show, or want some element of the show in our lives. The characters and settings are personal, so to fight alongside them is the ultimate dream of any child watching his hero. As crappy as this movie was, it perfectly depicted three fans meeting and fighting with their heroes. Rex and Tops were so cool; I wanted to be the three kids and partake in their dilemma. It's sort of like a shitty Last Action Hero with dinosaurs.

Enjoy the trailer and lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdZybLee9yo

Scorpion:
Oh. My. God. :lol :lol

I don't have anything to offer, because we never had a TV and I don't remember going to the cinema that much as a young child. A modern movie that I enjoyed while also recognising it as total crap was probably Sucker Punch.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack:
Haha at first i thought you talked about Dinosaurs which i saw as a kid but that show was actually pretty cool from what i can remember.

But apparently it was not!  :lol Dat trailer!

Dark Castle:
I swear to god if anyone says Land Before Time I will smite them.  I'm nearly 20 and that series is still the fucking bomb

chrisbDTM:
Batman & Robin. in fact, i still do enjoy it cause it reminds me of how much i watched it back in the day

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version