Author Topic: Your Controversial Opinions on DT  (Read 610557 times)

Offline Architeuthis

Re: Your Controversial Opinions on DT
« Reply #10465 on: December 23, 2020, 01:34:01 PM »
Just an observation.  JLB seems to be going for a darker vibe these days, the dark hair, lots of bracelets and rings, skulls on his shirts, and a lot ink.   
While watching Distant memories the other night, my friend asked "is that JLB's evil twin brother"?  She still loved his performance though. We watched Score about a week earlier so you can see the contrast.   :lol

Labrie still rocks btw!  :metal
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 01:49:28 PM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #10466 on: December 23, 2020, 02:58:31 PM »
Yeah, I think he's kinda overdoing it but in the end it's just looks. I can't believe that he, as an adult man with nothing to prove, would feel miserable going through that because "that's the look that sells, gotta go for it, damn", if he does it, he must enjoy it and feel comfortable doing that, so kudos to him.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Member
  • type :mora: for a surprise
« Reply #10467 on: December 23, 2020, 03:41:26 PM »
The guy is a chaos agent. Walks into the tattoo shop at fifty fucking five years old and gets a sleeve right away featuring, amongst other things, an image of himself as a pirate, because he's so amused how it caught on that Jordan calls him that. Absolute nutcase. Love that for him.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.
You consistently make so much sense, and express yourself so eloquently, that I've decided you're basically a female version of robwebster.

Offline sam1oq

« Reply #10468 on: February 23, 2021, 05:05:59 AM »
WDADU is a great album with good production for its time. It's also much more consistent than almost any of their post-ToT albums (and FII).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Head Judge of the Peanut Gallery
« Reply #10469 on: February 23, 2021, 05:29:40 AM »
WDADU is a great album with good production for its time. It's also much more consistent than almost any of their post-ToT albums (and FII).

I agree completely. I rank it Top 5 for me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline pg1067

« Reply #10470 on: February 23, 2021, 10:02:15 AM »

I wouldn't go as far as to say "great album," but I otherwise agree.  In particular, I have no real issues with the production, and it's probably the best DT album in terms of the bass production.  Had Labrie been on it, my view would change greatly.  Compare the Live at the Marquee version of TKH with the album version.  The former is about 20x better because of the vocals.  I typically rank WDADU ahead of FII, SC, BC&SL and TA.  Not quite sure where it falls relative to DOT, but the high points of ADTOE and DT12 elevate those albums above WDADU in my rankings.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • My FREE Music
« Reply #10471 on: February 23, 2021, 12:24:07 PM »
Just an observation.  JLB seems to be going for a darker vibe these days, the dark hair, lots of bracelets and rings, skulls on his shirts, and a lot ink.   
While watching Distant memories the other night, my friend asked "is that JLB's evil twin brother"?  She still loved his performance though. We watched Score about a week earlier so you can see the contrast.   :lol

Labrie still rocks btw!  :metal

It's Terran James LaBrie.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
    • The ANABASIS - Music Making a Difference
« Reply #10472 on: February 23, 2021, 02:12:00 PM »

Musically it's fabulous but I just can't get into Charlie's vocals.  Oddly enough, though, I LOVE his vocals on his solo albums, but I think his voice improved a LOT with age, which is the opposite of what happens to most vocalists as they age.

The live album "When Dream and Day Reunite" with LaBrie on vocals is a better-sounding take on those songs.  They sound a little weird with James but I think he improves the songs quite a bit.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Head Judge of the Peanut Gallery
« Reply #10473 on: February 23, 2021, 02:46:40 PM »

Musically it's fabulous but I just can't get into Charlie's vocals.  Oddly enough, though, I LOVE his vocals on his solo albums, but I think his voice improved a LOT with age, which is the opposite of what happens to most vocalists as they age.

The live album "When Dream and Day Reunite" with LaBrie on vocals is a better-sounding take on those songs.  They sound a little weird with James but I think he improves the songs quite a bit.

So when I do a DT album ranking, I always list WDADRu. So I agree with you.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline PetFish

« Reply #10474 on: February 23, 2021, 07:23:50 PM »