News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

Your Controversial Opinions on DT

Started by Lucidity, December 17, 2012, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Evermind

ITPOE > 8VM > TCOT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ACOS = IT = SDOIT :biggrin:
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Northern Lion


pg1067

Wasn't there a thread not too long ago where we ranked DT's "epics" or voted for our favorites?

Dublagent66

Quote from: pg1067 on July 21, 2020, 12:43:21 PM
Wasn't there a thread not too long ago where we ranked DT's "epics" or voted for our favorites?

If there was, I'm sure you'd be able to find it.  :tup



Quote from: Evermind on July 21, 2020, 09:59:48 AM
ACOS = IT = SDOIT

Hey, is that supposed to be a shit sandwich (hold the sh), or are you just fuckin' with us?  :lol

krands85

Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

pg1067

Quote from: krands85 on July 21, 2020, 04:44:06 PM
Quote from: pg1067 on July 21, 2020, 12:43:21 PM
Wasn't there a thread not too long ago where we ranked DT's "epics" or voted for our favorites?
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=53591

Thank you kindly.

ACOS.........................66
8VM...........................57


SDOIT........................30



ITPOE..........................7
TCOT...........................5
IT................................4

Kotowboy

Quote from: RodrigoAltaf on July 21, 2020, 03:25:10 AM
Ranking the epics: ACOS> Illumination Theory > Octavarium > Six Degrees >>>>>>>>>>>>>ITPOE

I genuinely don't get the love for A Change Of Seasons... and I've listened to it like 3 times.

1. Octavarium
2. Six Degrees
3. Illumination Theory ( Although I prefer The Count of Tuscany if we're counting it )
4. In The Presence Of Enemies
5. A Change Of Seasons.

TheCountOfNYC

Octavarium
The Count of Tuscany
A Change of Seasons

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

In the Presence of Enemies
Illumination Theory

Adami

Ya'll are nuts.

The answer is obviously...

1) A Change of Seasons
2) 8VM
3) Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
4) Illumination Theory
5) In the Presence of Enemies
6) The Count of Tuscany
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

MoraWintersoul

Quote from: Adami on July 23, 2020, 10:10:25 AM
Ya'll are nuts.

The answer is obviously...

1) A Change of Seasons
2) 8VM
3) Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
4) Illumination Theory
5) In the Presence of Enemies
6) The Count of Tuscany
I was honestly with you until point five :lol

Adami

Quote from: MoraWintersoul on July 23, 2020, 11:10:35 AM
Quote from: Adami on July 23, 2020, 10:10:25 AM
Ya'll are nuts.

The answer is obviously...

1) A Change of Seasons
2) 8VM
3) Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
4) Illumination Theory
5) In the Presence of Enemies
6) The Count of Tuscany
I was honestly with you until point five :lol

I just really don't like The Count of Tuscany minus a minute or two here and there. I'm not super fond of either of the last two songs, but Enemies just has more moments I enjoy.
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

Dublagent66

Quote from: Kotowboy on July 22, 2020, 04:22:15 PM
Quote from: RodrigoAltaf on July 21, 2020, 03:25:10 AM
Ranking the epics: ACOS> Illumination Theory > Octavarium > Six Degrees >>>>>>>>>>>>>ITPOE

I genuinely don't get the love for A Change Of Seasons... and I've listened to it like 3 times.

1. Octavarium
2. Six Degrees
3. Illumination Theory ( Although I prefer The Count of Tuscany if we're counting it )
4. In The Presence Of Enemies
5. A Change Of Seasons.

I feel the same way about IT.  As far as I'm concerned, IT may as well not even exist.  :angry:

hefdaddy42

I don't even count TCOT as one of the epics.  For me, it's just a long song, like ITNOG or TMOLS.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

goo-goo

This would be a great time for DT to release some Official Bootlegs. I miss them so much and the fact that live concerts are a year away or two makes more sense to release some (as well as the London show that was filmed earlier this year).

geeeemo

Quote from: goo-goo on July 28, 2020, 07:54:14 AM
This would be a great time for DT to release some Official Bootlegs. I miss them so much and the fact that live concerts are a year away or two makes more sense to release some (as well as the London show that was filmed earlier this year).

yes please!

gzarruk

Quote from: goo-goo on July 28, 2020, 07:54:14 AM
This would be a great time for DT to release some Official Bootlegs. I miss them so much and the fact that live concerts are a year away or two makes more sense to release some (as well as the London show that was filmed earlier this year).

I'd love it if they remotely recorded and released a short EP with 3 or 4 songs (depending on their length) from unused ideas or whatever they already have lying around this year. Write some lyrics about the current status of the world and you have a wonderful EP while we wait for the next album/tour cycle.

Cool Chris

Nothing controversial about the last 5 posts.

Kotowboy

It really irks me the different ways people abbreviate Octavarium. :lol

faizoff

I get the feeling only MP was very keen on releasing those official bootleg shows. I think the others esp JP only want to release live material that is shot and edited professionally. That's the impression I alwyas had.

TAC

Quote from: Kotowboy on July 29, 2020, 04:41:02 AM
It really irks me the different ways people abbreviate Octavarium. :lol

How would you abbreviate it?
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.


TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

pg1067

I've seen 8V, 8VA and 8VM.

8VA is how octave is represented in musical notation (and 8V is also sometimes used), so it's not really a good candidate.  8VM is a good choice, but it's a bit of a "whatever" thing.

Dublagent66


King Postwhore

I'm not a sissy and type it fully out.


It may be spelled incorrectly but you get the gist. :lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: kingshmegland on July 29, 2020, 01:39:47 PM
I'm not a sissy and type it fully out.


It may be spelled incorrectly but you get the gist. :lol
"I really like 0ctovarietyum."
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

King Postwhore

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on July 29, 2020, 01:40:42 PM
Quote from: kingshmegland on July 29, 2020, 01:39:47 PM
I'm not a sissy and type it fully out.


It may be spelled incorrectly but you get the gist. :lol
"I really like 0ctovarietyum."

Exactly! :lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

pg1067

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on July 29, 2020, 01:40:42 PM
Quote from: kingshmegland on July 29, 2020, 01:39:47 PM
I'm not a sissy and type it fully out.


It may be spelled incorrectly but you get the gist. :lol
"I really like 0ctovarietyum."

New OctavarYUMs cereal from Kellogg's is packed with 8 vitamins and 5 minerals and TONS of hidden nuggets!!!

Too bad I have no photoshipping skills at all.

Kotowboy

Quote from: TAC on July 29, 2020, 06:39:27 AM
Quote from: Kotowboy on July 29, 2020, 04:41:02 AM
It really irks me the different ways people abbreviate Octavarium. :lol

How would you abbreviate it?

OCT..

But I prefer to type Octavarium as it takes like one point five seconds.

Kotowboy

Quote from: pg1067 on July 29, 2020, 10:34:53 AM
I've seen 8V, 8VA and 8VM.

8VA is how octave is represented in musical notation (and 8V is also sometimes used), so it's not really a good candidate.  8VM is a good choice, but it's a bit of a "whatever" thing.

8VRM is a weird one as you could literally take one more second to type out the whole word.

gzarruk


Kotowboy


LCArenas

Whenever I see WDADU I mentally pronounce it as "Wuh-dah-doo". Is that controversial? Is that even an opinion?

Kotowboy

#10184
Six Doit.

S-Fam sounds like some vapid Instagram Famous Celeb.


...Mind you so does TOTty  :biggrin: