News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

Your Controversial Opinions on DT

Started by Lucidity, December 17, 2012, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evermind

ITPOE > 8VM > TCOT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ACOS = IT = SDOIT :biggrin:
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Northern Lion

pg1067

Wasn't there a thread not too long ago where we ranked DT's "epics" or voted for our favorites?

Dublagent66

Quote from: pg1067 on July 21, 2020, 12:43:21 PM
Wasn't there a thread not too long ago where we ranked DT's "epics" or voted for our favorites?

If there was, I'm sure you'd be able to find it.  :tup

Quote from: Evermind on July 21, 2020, 09:59:48 AM
ACOS = IT = SDOIT

Hey, is that supposed to be a shit sandwich (hold the sh), or are you just fuckin' with us?  :lol

krands85

Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

pg1067

Quote from: krands85 on July 21, 2020, 04:44:06 PM
Quote from: pg1067 on July 21, 2020, 12:43:21 PM
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=53591

Thank you kindly.

ACOS.........................66
8VM...........................57

SDOIT........................30

ITPOE..........................7
TCOT...........................5
IT................................4

Kotowboy

Quote from: RodrigoAltaf on July 21, 2020, 03:25:10 AM
Ranking the epics: ACOS> Illumination Theory > Octavarium > Six Degrees >>>>>>>>>>>>>ITPOE

I genuinely don't get the love for A Change Of Seasons... and I've listened to it like 3 times.

1. Octavarium
2. Six Degrees
3. Illumination Theory ( Although I prefer The Count of Tuscany if we're counting it )
4. In The Presence Of Enemies
5. A Change Of Seasons.

TheCountOfNYC

Octavarium
The Count of Tuscany
A Change of Seasons

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

In the Presence of Enemies
Illumination Theory

Adami

Ya'll are nuts.

The answer is obviously...

1) A Change of Seasons
2) 8VM
3) Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
4) Illumination Theory
5) In the Presence of Enemies
6) The Count of Tuscany
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

MoraWintersoul

Quote from: Adami on July 23, 2020, 10:10:25 AM
Ya'll are nuts.

1) A Change of Seasons
2) 8VM
4) Illumination Theory
6) The Count of Tuscany
I was honestly with you until point five :lol

Adami

Quote from: MoraWintersoul on July 23, 2020, 11:10:35 AM
Quote from: Adami on July 23, 2020, 10:10:25 AM
Ya'll are nuts.

1) A Change of Seasons
2) 8VM
4) Illumination Theory
6) The Count of Tuscany
I was honestly with you until point five :lol

I just really don't like The Count of Tuscany minus a minute or two here and there. I'm not super fond of either of the last two songs, but Enemies just has more moments I enjoy.
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

Dublagent66

Quote from: Kotowboy on July 22, 2020, 04:22:15 PM
Quote from: RodrigoAltaf on July 21, 2020, 03:25:10 AM
Ranking the epics: ACOS> Illumination Theory > Octavarium > Six Degrees >>>>>>>>>>>>>ITPOE

I genuinely don't get the love for A Change Of Seasons... and I've listened to it like 3 times.

1. Octavarium
2. Six Degrees
3. Illumination Theory ( Although I prefer The Count of Tuscany if we're counting it )
4. In The Presence Of Enemies
5. A Change Of Seasons.

I feel the same way about IT.  As far as I'm concerned, IT may as well not even exist.  :angry:

hefdaddy42

I don't even count TCOT as one of the epics.  For me, it's just a long song, like ITNOG or TMOLS.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

goo-goo

This would be a great time for DT to release some Official Bootlegs. I miss them so much and the fact that live concerts are a year away or two makes more sense to release some (as well as the London show that was filmed earlier this year).

geeeemo

Quote from: goo-goo on July 28, 2020, 07:54:14 AM
This would be a great time for DT to release some Official Bootlegs. I miss them so much and the fact that live concerts are a year away or two makes more sense to release some (as well as the London show that was filmed earlier this year).

yes please!

gzarruk

Quote from: goo-goo on July 28, 2020, 07:54:14 AM

I'd love it if they remotely recorded and released a short EP with 3 or 4 songs (depending on their length) from unused ideas or whatever they already have lying around this year. Write some lyrics about the current status of the world and you have a wonderful EP while we wait for the next album/tour cycle.

Cool Chris

Nothing controversial about the last 5 posts.

Kotowboy

It really irks me the different ways people abbreviate Octavarium. :lol

faizoff

I get the feeling only MP was very keen on releasing those official bootleg shows. I think the others esp JP only want to release live material that is shot and edited professionally. That's the impression I alwyas had.

TAC

Quote from: Kotowboy on July 29, 2020, 04:41:02 AM

How would you abbreviate it?
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

pg1067

I've seen 8V, 8VA and 8VM.

8VA is how octave is represented in musical notation (and 8V is also sometimes used), so it's not really a good candidate.  8VM is a good choice, but it's a bit of a "whatever" thing.

Dublagent66

King Postwhore

I'm not a sissy and type it fully out.

It may be spelled incorrectly but you get the gist. :lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: kingshmegland on July 29, 2020, 01:39:47 PM

"I really like 0ctovarietyum."

King Postwhore

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on July 29, 2020, 01:40:42 PM

Exactly! :lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

pg1067

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on July 29, 2020, 01:40:42 PM

New OctavarYUMs cereal from Kellogg's is packed with 8 vitamins and 5 minerals and TONS of hidden nuggets!!!

Too bad I have no photoshipping skills at all.

Kotowboy

Quote from: TAC on July 29, 2020, 06:39:27 AM
Quote from: Kotowboy on July 29, 2020, 04:41:02 AM

How would you abbreviate it?

OCT..

But I prefer to type Octavarium as it takes like one point five seconds.

Kotowboy

Quote from: pg1067 on July 29, 2020, 10:34:53 AM
I've seen 8V, 8VA and 8VM.

8VA is how octave is represented in musical notation (and 8V is also sometimes used), so it's not really a good candidate.  8VM is a good choice, but it's a bit of a "whatever" thing.

8VRM is a weird one as you could literally take one more second to type out the whole word.

gzarruk

Kotowboy

LCArenas

Whenever I see WDADU I mentally pronounce it as "Wuh-dah-doo". Is that controversial? Is that even an opinion?

Kotowboy

Six Doit.

S-Fam sounds like some vapid Instagram Famous Celeb.

...Mind you so does TOTty  :biggrin: