Author Topic: Your Controversial Opinions on DT  (Read 979539 times)

Offline Volante99

Re: Your Controversial Opinions on DT
« Reply #10045 on: May 07, 2020, 04:13:19 PM »
I don't know if this is actually controversial, but Score might be one of the best live albums ever made. At least top Rock/Metal albums ever made, that's for sure

I own the DVD but not the CD of Score.  The part with the orchestra is AWESOME, and that's as long as a lot of bands' full concerts.  "The Score So Far" is a really good documentary, and it's cool to have the Octavarium animation.

The rest of of, however, is very "meh" (at best).

Another Won is fine for what it is.

I’m the opposite. I think the orchestra SDoIT is meh, but then again I hate the symphony + rock live craze with a passion.

Another Won on the other hand is amazing. The whole band is on fire during that song. I don’t think I’ve ever heard Myung and Portnoy so locked in with each other. I distinctively remember them playing it live in my city on that tour and the whole crowd was PUMPED by the end of it. It may sound silly but honestly it’s one of the few reasons I ever revisit Score.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:20:25 PM by Volante99 »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10046 on: May 07, 2020, 04:24:37 PM »
IWBY is probably the worst song on 8VM

^agree to disagree on the quality of the first set of SCORE^

With Hef on this. The first set is magnificent, aside from IWBY.

"The Score So Far" is a really good documentary

I never thought it was more than OK. Maybe it is because by that point I had a fairly good knowledge of the band and its history so there was very little enlightening for me. It just feels like DT 101. Basic, boring stuff you'd get from the intro class on a band that doesn't have that interesting of a history. Riding the Train of Thought (from the Budokan DVD) is a much more fascinating look at the band (I recognize they are not trying to be the same type of documentary,)
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10047 on: May 07, 2020, 04:27:10 PM »
The first set of Score is incredible. And IWBY was fantastic live.

Unfortunately, they waste way too much time with the entire 6 D's. Thank God it's a single track so I only have to hit the skip button once.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10048 on: May 07, 2020, 04:52:28 PM »
I think Bosk did a thread about the Score set list a while back.

I honestly don't remember.  But I know I've participated in a ton of discussion through the years.  I love what they did, overall.  But with the limitations they were playing with in terms of structure, Six Degrees really locked them into what they played.  They could have made some little tweaks here and there.  For my tastes, there are a few songs I wish were different.  But it is what it is.  Here's my quick track-by-track:

-TROAE:  This was a must-play, and was a great opener anyway.  Good call having it in.
-IWBY:  As the lead single, and a song they had been hoping would get some mainstream radio play, it was also a must.  I don't love it, but it's fine.
-Another Won:  Must-play, as it was being played all tour.  And really cool to get a Majesty tune.
-Afterlife:  Perhaps my least favorite from WDADU.  Anything but this would have been better (other than TOWHTSTS, which would not have gotten played anyway due to length).  Wish they would have done either Status Seeker or AFIL.  The former would have saved them a little over a minute.
-UAGM:  Not my favorite, but it was a good performance that made me like the song a bit more.  And I like it more than the two shorter songs that aren't WFS.  PMU would have been a great "classic" to throw the fans that would have gone nicely with the 20 year anniversary theme, and if they subbed Status Seeker, that would give the extra minute needed to include this one.  BUT it was included on their last live release, so probably a no-go.
-Innocence Faded:  Nice, because it was such a rarity.  But beyond that, there are better songs of comparable length.  6:00 or CIAW are comparable length.  But no gripes from me because, again, this song was such a rarity at the time.
-Raise the Knife:  SO glad they did this one.
-TSCO:  We didn't need this.  But I get why it is there and won't mess with it.

-Six Degrees:  No complaints.  It was amazing that they undertook doing this.
-Vacant:  Man--such a good song.  But I wanted something that rocked from this album.  Wish they could have kept this and found a way to to SoC, but it just wouldn't fit.
-The Answer Lies Within:  Wish they would have just cut it.  Buys them an extra 5:30. 
-The last three songs were amazing and I wouldn't touch them.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10049 on: May 07, 2020, 05:13:32 PM »
Unfortunately, they waste way too much time with the entire 6 D's. Thank God it's a single track so I only have to hit the skip button once.

- TROAE:  Great opener, we are off and running... (A+)
- IWBY:  And then you give us this. (D)
- Another Won:  Great inclusion and I am generally happy leaving the Majesty songs on the shelf (B+)
- Afterlife: Maybe my favorite from WD&DU, and definitely a stellar performance of it (A)
- UAGM: A solid rocker, best choice in this slot (B)
- Innocence Faded: Love this song, so glad it got included (A)
- Raise the Knife:  The live version of this is better than 90% of FII and in my mind the best song/performance to fill this slot. Certainly a bold choice. (A)
- TSCO: Better in the context of the whole album as someone else said, but a good set closer (B)

- Six Degrees: See TACs quote (F)
- Vacant:  Love this song, but it didn't impress me here. Maybe I need something to pick me up after the drag of SDoiT (C)
- The Answer Lies Within:  This isn't it either - though I like the song on the album (D)
- Sacrificed Sons: Back in business! (B+)
- Octavarium: No words (A+)
- Metropolis: (A)

I only have one real complain with the setlist, which in any other situation is a non-issue, but when the complaint is 42 minutes long, it can't be discarded. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online pg1067

« Reply #10050 on: May 07, 2020, 05:34:01 PM »
I think the orchestra SDoIT is meh, but then again I hate the symphony + rock live craze with a passion.

Another Won on the other hand is amazing. The whole band is on fire during that song. I don’t think I’ve ever heard Myung and Portnoy so locked in with each other. I distinctively remember them playing it live in my city on that tour and the whole crowd was PUMPED by the end of it. It may sound silly but honestly it’s one of the few reasons I ever revisit Score.

With respect to Another Won, I recall them jumping into it and wondering what it was.  Sometime during the period between I&W and Awake, I acquired an (Italian?) import CD that had some live material along with The Majesty Demos.  I listened to it a few times, but wasn't at all familiar with those songs.  I figured out what they were doing, but the song has never impressed me too much.

The orchestra thing is an interesting topic.  Back in the 80s, I always thought it would be really cool for certain bands to play with orchestra (I really wanted Rush to do it).  I vaguely knew that ELP had done it, but I don't recall anyone else.  Metallica's S&M was really the first one, and I liked that a lot.  I also like when Yes and Styx did it.  But yeah, it's probably a bit played out now, and a lot of bands that shouldn't do it have done it.

I never thought it ["The Score So Far"] was more than OK. Maybe it is because by that point I had a fairly good knowledge of the band and its history so there was very little enlightening for me. It just feels like DT 101. Basic, boring stuff you'd get from the intro class on a band that doesn't have that interesting of a history. Riding the Train of Thought (from the Budokan DVD) is a much more fascinating look at the band (I recognize they are not trying to be the same type of documentary,)

Opposite for me.  I had sort of lost touch with DT in the very late 90s and early 2000s.  I missed the FII, SFAM and SDOIT tours (SDOIT because my son had just been born, but I have no idea about the others).  By the time Score came out, my personal situation was such that I could immerse myself in the band again, and it was really good stuff.  I only recently (i.e., within the last 5 years) got Live at Budokan on DVD, so I've probably only seen "Riding the Train of Thought" a couple times, but I don't remember it having much substance beyond what was going on at that time.

I honestly don't remember.  But I know I've participated in a ton of discussion through the years.  I love what they did, overall.  But with the limitations they were playing with in terms of structure, Six Degrees really locked them into what they played.  They could have made some little tweaks here and there.  For my tastes, there are a few songs I wish were different.  But it is what it is.

I don't remember if it was a dedicated thread or a discussion within another thread, but you basically challenged folks to create a set-list that was subject to the restrictions MP used when creating the Score set-list.  I recall you and I debating a bit about my choices.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10051 on: May 07, 2020, 06:31:58 PM »
I thought the Score documentary was great, especially the footage at Berklee.

JP has the best quote ever.

"It was hard enough talking my parents into letting me go to music school, but then I had to talk them into letting me drop out" (close enough)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10052 on: May 07, 2020, 06:43:31 PM »
Yeah that JP quote was great. It was neat seeing them go back to the college, and the interviews were insightful, it's just not something I would ever want to watch more than once. I enjoyed the Budokan documentary more because it was neat to see their life on the road.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10053 on: May 07, 2020, 07:02:10 PM »
Yeah that JP quote was great. It was neat seeing them go back to the college, and the interviews were insightful, it's just not something I would ever want to watch more than once. I enjoyed the Budokan documentary more because it was neat to see their life on the road.

I like them both and while I haven't watched either in a long time, I have watched them both many times. They're enjoyable because they seem like such regular guys, so enthusiastic.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #10054 on: May 07, 2020, 07:29:28 PM »
The Score setlist always felt like “here’s a bunch of songs that haven’t been on a live album/ DVD”. I like most of the songs... it just seemed like forced. I don’t know if that’s the right word. I’m not sure how else to explain it.

I always liked how Rush did their live albums back in the day. Wait until there were four more albums and then make a live album consisting of the recent material. I’m one of those weird people that doesn’t really care if a live album isn’t a complete concert. Just make a great album where the songs flow. And I would prefer if it wasn’t three and a half hours. I’ll never have time to listen to all of that!
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10055 on: May 07, 2020, 07:31:24 PM »
I'm a "full concert" live album guy. If not, what's the point?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10056 on: May 07, 2020, 08:11:01 PM »
The Score setlist always felt like “here’s a bunch of songs that haven’t been on a live album/ DVD”. I like most of the songs... it just seemed like forced. I don’t know if that’s the right word. I’m not sure how else to explain it.

I think that's actually fairly accurate.  But I also don't think it's a bad thing at all, and neither did the band.  "Forced" is just kind of the nature of what they wanted to do, and the constraints they had to work with.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #10057 on: May 07, 2020, 09:56:44 PM »
Okay, but weren't those constraints self-imposed?

The first set of the Score set list doesn't look great on paper, but it mostly works pretty well when watching the live show.  The second set is another story.  Nobody told them they had to play all of the Six Degrees suite, and while I like Vacant, it being the only Train of Thought representation at an anniversary show was pretty bizarre, and don't even get me started on The Answer Lies Within.. :lol :lol

Offline Volante99

« Reply #10058 on: May 07, 2020, 10:00:43 PM »
Huh
I think the setlist is phenomenal. Six Degrees AND Octavarium? Worth the price of admission alone.

Root of All Evil, great renditions of Afterlife, UaGM, Innocence Faded, Sacrificed Sons...
Another Won and Raise the Knife were nice deep cuts for the hardcore fans.

I could have done without Walk Beside You, Answer Lies Within and Spirit Carries On but no setlist is perfect.

That tour was a great time to see DT, good setlists all around and something for everyone.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #10059 on: May 07, 2020, 10:04:04 PM »
Huh
I think the setlist is phenomenal. Six Degrees AND Octavarium? Worth the price of admission alone.

Root of All Evil, great renditions of Afterlife, UaGM, Innocence Faded, Sacrificed Sons...

I could have done without Walk Beside You, Answer Lies Within and Spirit Carries On but no setlist is perfect.

That tour was a great time to see DT, good setlists all around and something for everyone.

I agree that the set lists were mostly pretty awesome from 2000-2005, before they started getting watered down with Constant Motion, Forsaken and other average songs from the later albums from the 00's, but it felt like the Score set list was one of the least best from the entire tour. I still remember getting online to see the set list later that night and I was one of many whose reaction was, "That was the set list?"  Granted, the first set really is better than it looks on paper, but when you go back and see what some of the other set lists looked like on that tour, it's hard to not be underwhelmed by the Score one.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10060 on: May 07, 2020, 10:09:43 PM »
I still remember getting online to see the set list later that night and I was one of many whose reaction was, "That was the set list?"  Granted, the first set really is better than it looks on paper...

I had that reaction as well, and saying it works better than it does on paper is a good assessment.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #10061 on: May 07, 2020, 10:24:58 PM »
Huh

I agree that the set lists were mostly pretty awesome from 2000-2005, before they started getting watered down with Constant Motion, Forsaken and other average songs from the later albums from the 00's, but it felt like the Score set list was one of the least best from the entire tour. I still remember getting online to see the set list later that night and I was one of many whose reaction was, "That was the set list?"  Granted, the first set really is better than it looks on paper, but when you go back and see what some of the other set lists looked like on that tour, it's hard to not be underwhelmed by the Score one.

Fair enough; it’s one of the weaker setlists from that tour, Id agree with that.

I saw them on St Pattys Day ‘06 and they played all the straight rockers/heavy shit (for DT anyway), Take the Time, Mirror/Lie, Peruvian Skies, About to Crash (Reprise), As I Am. Portnoy was ready to rock when he drew that set up. Still maybe the best I’ve ever seen them.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #10062 on: May 07, 2020, 11:27:35 PM »

While I don't have OVM as one of my favorite DT albums, I agree that it was a great live era for DT. To me, two of the weakest (not counting the Majesty/WDADU eras) were the FII and BC&SL tours.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #10063 on: May 08, 2020, 01:06:30 AM »

That's literally Mike Portnoy's publicly admitted policy for creating a setlist for a show that would end up being recorded. It's the very premise for a to-be-recorded show.

Nobody told them they had to play all of the Six Degrees suite, and while I like Vacant, it being the only Train of Thought representation at an anniversary show was pretty bizarre, and don't even get me started on The Answer Lies Within.. :lol :lol

Well, they had an orchestra, they might as well use it for songs that are more suitable for orchestral contributions. No way I want to sit through This Dying Soul played exactly like it is, but with the violins doubling the guitars.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #10064 on: May 08, 2020, 01:38:26 AM »
Endless Sacrifice could have been made pretty awesome with an orchestra I bet.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Trav86

« Reply #10065 on: May 08, 2020, 04:27:51 AM »

That's literally Mike Portnoy's publicly admitted policy for creating a setlist for a show that would end up being recorded. It's the very premise for a to-be-recorded show.

I get that. And I remember those days. My point is I would prefer a live album (and the setlist for that matter) to be more about a great musical experience more than being about checking off boxes for songs that have been on a live album. The recent tours have had songs repeated multiple times (As I Am, Spirit, BAI, PMU) and that’s ok. They know they are great live and they fit well.

I’m not wanting to make this about bashing Mike, but his approach with this is like what has been discussed in the thread over in GMD. It’s more about quantity than quality with him. Like the statement he made recently...something about how DT has out out 4 albums at the same time that he has made like 40. I mean...that’s it right there lol.
Can't we find the minds

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10066 on: May 08, 2020, 08:35:56 AM »

I get that. And I remember those days. My point is I would prefer a live album (and the setlist for that matter) to be more about a great musical experience more than being about checking off boxes for songs that have been on a live album.

Then, respectfully, I think you missed the point.  In Mike's mind, giving the fans "new" songs that have not yet been recorded IS a great musical experience.  That isn't the same thing as "checking off boxes."  Not at all.  And I think most who were at that show, and most that still enjoy listening to/watching Score, DO consider it a "great musical experience."

I’m not wanting to make this about bashing Mike, but his approach with this is like what has been discussed in the thread over in GMD. It’s more about quantity than quality with him.

Not really, unless one's view is so limited as to think that quality and quantity are somehow mutually exclusive.  They aren't.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #10067 on: May 08, 2020, 09:14:33 AM »
I didn’t miss the point. I just disagree.

And I don’t think my view is “limited”. I just think that making 40 albums doesn’t matter if they’re mostly mediocre. Just my opinion.
Can't we find the minds

Online pg1067

« Reply #10068 on: May 08, 2020, 09:35:15 AM »
The whole "let's play stuff we haven't played recently" "policy" is one thing I always disliked about DT shows in the 2000s, and I'm with Trav86 in disagreeing that busting out songs that didn't make the cut the first ten times makes for a "great musical experience."  DT concerts are always enjoyable, but the set lists for the SC and BC&SL shows I saw were probably the most disappointing in the band's history.

There is and always has been a VERY vocal component of DT fans who loved MP's rotating set list thing, but I think at least as many fans didn't like it.

I like them both and while I haven't watched either in a long time, I have watched them both many times. They're enjoyable because they seem like such regular guys, so enthusiastic.

My sentiment exactly, and it's amplified a bit for me since I'm the same age as JM, MP and JP.  It's also interesting to me now since I have a kid who will soon be applying to go to Berklee.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #10069 on: May 08, 2020, 10:17:19 AM »

I get that. And I remember those days. My point is I would prefer a live album (and the setlist for that matter) to be more about a great musical experience more than being about checking off boxes for songs that have been on a live album.

Then, respectfully, I think you missed the point.  In Mike's mind, giving the fans "new" songs that have not yet been recorded IS a great musical experience.  That isn't the same thing as "checking off boxes."  Not at all.  And I think most who were at that show, and most that still enjoy listening to/watching Score, DO consider it a "great musical experience."

In my opinion, this is absolutely true.  Score is one of their greatest live recordings if not THE greatest.  Regardless of the setlist choices, the songs were executed and performed nearly flawlessly.  Definitely a quality product.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10070 on: May 08, 2020, 11:58:33 AM »
Just watched Score again for the first time in a long time.  I have to say that, watching it now, and putting it in context of the fact that they wanted to present a special 20th anniversary show and also feature the new material, I have zero quibbles with any of the set choices, save The Answer Lies Within.  The set does drag a bit after Six Degrees with two slow songs in a row.  Vacant was a great performance.  But TALW just wasn't necessary and slowed things down too much.  Given that they ended up going past curfew as it is, I think the overall result would have been better all around if they had just cut that song. 

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #10071 on: May 08, 2020, 02:03:07 PM »

- TROAE:  Great opener, we are off and running... (A+)
- IWBY:  And then you give us this. (D)
- Another Won:  Great inclusion and I am generally happy leaving the Majesty songs on the shelf (B+)
- Afterlife: Maybe my favorite from WD&DU, and definitely a stellar performance of it (A)
- UAGM: A solid rocker, best choice in this slot (B)
- Innocence Faded: Love this song, so glad it got included (A)
- Raise the Knife:  The live version of this is better than 90% of FII and in my mind the best song/performance to fill this slot. Certainly a bold choice. (A)
- TSCO: Better in the context of the whole album as someone else said, but a good set closer (B)

- Six Degrees: See TACs quote (F)
- Vacant:  Love this song, but it didn't impress me here. Maybe I need something to pick me up after the drag of SDoiT (C)
- The Answer Lies Within:  This isn't it either - though I like the song on the album (D)
- Sacrificed Sons: Back in business! (B+)
- Octavarium: No words (A+)
- Metropolis: (A)

I only have one real complain with the setlist, which in any other situation is a non-issue, but when the complaint is 42 minutes long, it can't be discarded.

Literally almost 100% my exact thoughts you mind reader.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10072 on: May 08, 2020, 02:33:06 PM »

My sentiment exactly, and it's amplified a bit for me since I'm the same age as JM, MP and JP.  It's also interesting to me now since I have a kid who will soon be applying to go to Berklee.

When they first announced the Ytsejam releases, I thought for sure they'd released the Berklee '94 show. Considering where it was, plus the fact that Derek went there too. The setlist included both Innocence Faded and TOWHTSTS before they were dropped.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #10073 on: May 10, 2020, 01:52:07 AM »
Just watched Score again for the first time in a long time.  I have to say that, watching it now, and putting it in context of the fact that they wanted to present a special 20th anniversary show and also feature the new material, I have zero quibbles with any of the set choices, save The Answer Lies Within.  The set does drag a bit after Six Degrees with two slow songs in a row.  Vacant was a great performance.  But TALW just wasn't necessary and slowed things down too much.  Given that they ended up going past curfew as it is, I think the overall result would have been better all around if they had just cut that song.
Yes, it slowed things down with Vacant as a prelude, but honestly I don’t think it detracted from the overall performance.  TALW is a beautiful song and it’s short enough to not be an interruption.  I’m glad they included it in the setlist.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #10074 on: May 10, 2020, 02:33:34 AM »
After playing for 42 minutes straight (even with all the mellow sections and soft passages), I don't really blame them for catching a breath with a 3 minutes orchestral song.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #10075 on: May 21, 2020, 10:54:17 AM »
Happened to catch some of the Dark Side of the Moon dvd DT did, and JP and JR look WAY cooler on that thing than they do today. Apologies to fans of crazy beards.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #10076 on: May 21, 2020, 01:58:19 PM »
Happened to catch some of the Dark Side of the Moon dvd DT did, and JP and JR look WAY cooler on that thing than they do today. Apologies to fans of crazy beards.
It's okay, we can't all expect a no-beard to know what he's talking about.  ;)
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #10077 on: May 21, 2020, 04:48:31 PM »
It's okay, we can't all expect a no-beard to know what he's talking about.  ;)

:lol, Yep.  Growing a beard and recognizing it's supreme value is a fine and sofisticated art form.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline Trav86

« Reply #10078 on: May 26, 2020, 03:11:05 PM »
Pull Me Under is one of my favorite DT songs. There...I said it!
Also...Tom Sawyer is probably my favorite Rush song and Jump is my favorite Van Halen song.
Can't we find the minds

Offline Volante99

« Reply #10079 on: May 26, 2020, 04:06:29 PM »
Pull Me Under is one of my favorite DT songs. There...I said it!

Haha only on this forum is that controversial.

There’s a reason Pull Me Under put them on the map; it’s just a damn good song. Even my friends who either hate or, at best, are indifferent towards DT like “Pull Me Under”.

I’ll admit but I’m over the song, but it got my attention and made me a fan.