Your Controversial Opinions on DT

Started by Lucidity, December 17, 2012, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicmos

The quality of the arrangements in Symphonic Theater of Dreams is better than the orchestral section of Illumination Theory.  By a lot.  They should have used Mierzejewski on the album.

Crow

Quote from: jakepriest on February 14, 2014, 06:15:58 AM
Take The Time has probably the worst keyboard solos on any DT song... god bless AROP compared to the solo sound KM uses.
Hey.
Get out.
Thanks  :heart

jakepriest

Quote from: Parama on February 14, 2014, 06:39:05 PM
Quote from: jakepriest on February 14, 2014, 06:15:58 AM
Take The Time has probably the worst keyboard solos on any DT song... god bless AROP compared to the solo sound KM uses.
Hey.
Get out.
Thanks  :heart

No. :neverusethis:

AngelBack

TLG is the second best song on DT12 and EM is much better than most give it credit for.

aprilethereal

Quote from: AngelBack on February 15, 2014, 05:59:26 AM
EM is much better than most give it credit for.

Yep, it's not quite on the same level as Overture 1928, TDOE and SOC, but still a great and extremely fun song :metal

AngelBack

Quote from: aprilethereal on February 15, 2014, 06:36:38 AM
Quote from: AngelBack on February 15, 2014, 05:59:26 AM
EM is much better than most give it credit for.

Yep, it's not quite on the same level as Overture 1928, TDOE and SOC, but still a great and extremely fun song :metal

You nailed it, it is an extremely FUN song. 

GentlemanofDread

TheGreatPretender

Quote from: AngelBack on February 15, 2014, 06:46:19 AM
Because... There's something wrong with that?

AngelBack

Quote from: TheGreatPretender on February 15, 2014, 09:32:37 AM
Quote from: AngelBack on February 15, 2014, 06:46:19 AM
Because... There's something wrong with that?

Not at all.  I like the fact that it rocks and just feels like a fun song.  Good to drive to.

TheGreatPretender

All right. Because I have heard statements in the past like, "Systematic Chaos is a lot of fun, but there's not a lot of depth to it, so I don't like it."  ::)

AngelBack

Quote from: TheGreatPretender on February 15, 2014, 09:54:05 AM
All right. Because I have heard statements in the past like, "Systematic Chaos is a lot of fun, but there's not a lot of depth to it, so I don't like it."  ::)

Funny you should mention SC.  I put it on while working out last night and forgot how much really good music there is on SC.  I would go as far as to say at this point, it is underrated by most DT fans.

ReaPsTA

TheGreatPretender

ThatOneGuy2112

Quote from: ReaPsTA on February 15, 2014, 10:00:38 AM
SC is totally underrated.

100%. General forum opinion will sometimes make me think twice about it, but when I come back to listen to it, I think "Nah, this is pretty good".

jakepriest

TheGreatPretender

Quote from: ThatOneGuy2112 on February 15, 2014, 10:29:14 AM

100%. General forum opinion will sometimes make me think twice about it, but when I come back to listen to it, I think "Nah, this is pretty good".
Good man, don't let general forum opinion influence your own opinion.

Quote from: jakepriest on February 15, 2014, 10:29:47 AM
I enjoy SC more than I&W.  :corn

:clap:

Tom Bombadil

The forum has actually made me appreciate SC more than I used to. It's still my least favorite DT album but I used to dislike it a lot more.

TheGreatPretender

Quote from: Tom Bombadil on February 15, 2014, 10:43:10 AM
The forum has actually made me appreciate SC more than I used to. It's still my least favorite DT album but I used to dislike it a lot more.

I can't imagine how. Most people here make it a point to crap on SC.

Evermind

SC is actually in top-half DT albums for me.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

TheGreatPretender

Wouldn't it be so delightful if this forum ended up being filled with SC supporters? I'd be very happy about that!

GentlemanofDread

Whilst SC is in my bottom 3 albums, it's there because the other 9 I just prefer to it. It's a good album nonetheless.

Grizz

Both New Millennium and Under a Glass Moon have great melodies, but are so boring.
Another World's original lyrics are, at least in part, more emotionally powerful.
Kevin Moore needs to get laid or something. His lyrics, while poetic, make me want to kill myself. It's like hanging around Marvin the Paranoid Android all the time.
The Count of Tuscany is god,  and Black Clouds kicks ass

jakepriest

Quote from: Grizz on February 15, 2014, 03:18:18 PM

Another World's original lyrics are, at least in part, more emotionally powerful.

I really don't understand this sentence.

GentlemanofDread

I presume he means Another Day. ... I think.

Invisible

Quote from: Grizz on February 15, 2014, 03:18:18 PM
Kevin Moore needs to get laid or something. His lyrics, while poetic, make me want to kill myself. It's like hanging around Marvin the Paranoid Android all the time.
:lol

I like SC a lot, I prefer other albums, but it has the uniqueness of being heavy while remaining very dynamic and not sludgy and somehow tiring like Train of Thought, which I also like but it feels sometimes too... dense to put it in a way. In that aspect Systematic Chaos is something I prefer when going for a heavy album. My only complaint is splitting ITPOE, as I like it more together. I chance the tracks to start off with either Forsaken or Constant Motion, and have all ITPOE at the end, makes for a much more enjoyable listen. I don't understand the hate for it anyway.

Oh, and by Another World I'm think he means the A Change of Seasons section, not Another Day. I don't agree BTW.

Nearmyth

Quote from: GentlemanofDread on February 15, 2014, 11:30:09 AM
Whilst SC is in my bottom 3 albums, it's there because the other 9 I just prefer to it. It's a good album nonetheless.

^ This

It, along with BC&SL (as they are often grouped together), are great albums on their own, but I just prefer some of their other albums to them.

Grizz

Quote from: Invisible on February 15, 2014, 03:45:36 PM
Oh, and by Another World I'm think he means the A Change of Seasons section, not Another Day.
Yeah this. I think that Another World '89 has a totally different theme to it from the lyrics that I can make out

LTE3

snapple

Shadow Ninja 2.0

GentlemanofDread

BlobVanDam

+1

I rate it closer to the bottom of their discography just because they have a lot of amazing albums I love more, but SC deserves more cred than it gets.

XB0BX

SC is one of the best albums in music history.

GentlemanofDread