Roulette of Champions - FINAL RESULTS, pg 15!

Started by ariich, December 11, 2012, 01:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which semi-finalist should win? (see song links on Pg 13)

Lonestar: Odd Dimension and Mechanical Poet
9 (60%)
Kingshmegland: Demians and This Day & Age
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 03, 2013, 02:04:29 PM

ariich

RESULTS - REMATCH

kingshmegland: This Day And Age – Always Straight Ahead
Rich 3.5 + Other 2.0 = 5.5

Such a nice song, maybe even better than the one you sent me before! I never got round to checking these guys out properly due to lack of them on Spotify, but I think I'll just have to buy something.

Consistently I think in this roulette I've been after edgier, harder and angrier. This could be a theme song for one of those Disney Channel teen dramas. Not my cup of tea. Hope Rich liked it.

lonestar: Mechanical Poet – Old Year's Merry Funeral
Rich 2.5 + Other 3.0 = 5.5

This is quite fun, sort of quirky prog. It seemed to jump around quite a bit though and didn't really hold my attention, and I wasn't too keen on the singer – although he's better than your previous submission. :P

This is the better of the two for me. Up-beat, crunchy. Vocals were a bit meh, but the song was really catchy – with a better singer I think this could have been great.

WINNER: STILL A TIE DAMMIT
We have no way to decide between you, so we're opening it up to everyone. The thread now has a poll added. It will be open for one day, and results won't show until it's finished. Links to the semi-final songs are below. GET VOTING PEOPLE!

Lonestar
Odd Dimension – Farewell to the Stars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez8-j0eoMvE
Mechanical Poet – Old Year's Merry Funeral: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhH72VbHhXg

Kingshmegland
Demians – Earth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVwpjrUauLE
This Day And Age – Always Straight Ahead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t55r1yKz5z0

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

lonestar

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!

OK king, round three it is I guess. Time to start kissing some forum ass. :-*

*sends out mass FB message*

Ħ

Tricky. After listening to all four songs....king. Sorry, loney.

Dr. DTVT

What if THIS ends in a tie?  That would be awesome  :lol

Both submitted one band I'm familiar with and one I'm not.  I'm going to check out the two songs I don't know, but King has a lot of catching up to do since I like Mechanical Poet a lot more than I like Demians.

Lolzeez

I liked Lonestar's songs more. So my vote goes to Lonestar. You're welcome.

ariich

Quote from: Dr. DTVT on February 02, 2013, 03:10:24 PM
What if THIS ends in a tie?  That would be awesome  :lol
That's why I'm keeping the results hidden until the poll ends - to reduce the risk of this happening.

If it's a tie again then I will ban everyone.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

lonestar

ariich

lonestar

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

lonestar

I'm also starting to think that I'm the only one that likes the vocals on that song.

King Postwhore

Scorpion

ariich

Just to let you both know that the scores are fairly close right now, which means you both need to campaign harder!

Nekov

King Postwhore

I'm not campaigning.  The songs should stand for themselves and if more people like lonestar's.......he should win.  If they like me.....cool!  I just have a blast with this game and I get to check out some cool music I've never heard before!

Nekov

MoraWintersoul

I voted for loney's songs, but I liked all of these really.

King Postwhore

BTW RJ, that, Mechanical Poet song is awesome.  I know you've linked it to me before. I need to pick it up.  Dude has a great voice.

lonestar

The whole album is amazing, think I had it at no.30 in my top 50. He has one of the most animated vocal performances I have ever heard, plays so many different charecters on the album.

wasteland

I voted :) Good songs from both of the contestants. Whoever wins will deserve the final  :tup

lonestar

wasteland

Quote from: lonestar on February 03, 2013, 07:28:25 AM
OK, gotta be honest, the tension is fucking killing me. :lol

If nobody else voted than those who wrote here then my vote is decisive! :O

Dr. DTVT

And to think, you usually give people hypertension

King Postwhore

So at 1 pm WST will you be at work?!  That's 24 hours.  Imagine if it's a tie again.  Mason that evil genius. :lol

lonestar

Yeah, I'm working a double today. I'll try to maintain some smidgen of focus, between this and the Superbowl, it's gonna be tough though.

ariich

King Postwhore

King Postwhore

lonestar

wasteland

Quote from: lonestar on February 03, 2013, 01:24:31 PM
Kinda helping me keep my mind off the game actually. :lol

Superbowl final? I heard San Francisco is there! Who's winning?  :D

lonestar

King, you are a worthy competitor, thanks for the best match up in roulette history.

King Postwhore

Same to you RJ.  Classic battle.  I can't believe how nervous I am. :lol

DebraKadabra

Quote from: lonestar on February 03, 2013, 02:16:19 PM
King, you are a worthy competitor, thanks for the best match up in roulette history.

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 03, 2013, 02:20:36 PM
Same to you RJ.  Classic battle.  I can't believe how nervous I am. :lol

Now THAT is respect, peeps.

Oh, and congrats to you loney!