Author Topic: Carnival Row  (Read 2317 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Carnival Row
« on: September 02, 2019, 06:59:43 PM »
Anyone else watching this? I'm (5) Episodes in and am digging it. It's a pretty interesting show I think. Really neat world they've built, the story is moving along good and I like how they have a couple separate story lines going on. Really good CGI...it's not over the top and looks 'real'. If you're looking for something to dig into I'd say it's worth it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Carnival Row
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 06:46:45 AM »
Finished it. Very good series. S2 is set up to be pretty crazy

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 04:31:36 PM »
My wife and I watched the first episode last night. This is soooo up my alley, and I am very intrigued. I will update when we finish.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 03:23:51 PM »
It's definitively on my watchlist. Will get to it ASAP!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 02:54:43 PM »
Started. First two episodes are good. It's a bit of a mash up of genres and sceneries but let's hope the story stays strong!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 09:24:19 AM »
Finished. Indeed it ended strong, setting up nicely the second season, and not all the conclusions and plot points were easy to guess (there were at least a couple of legitimate suprises). I should have figured that Oberyn's widow from Game of Thrones would have kept her murderous tendencies also in this series : D, and the daughter of the opposition leader should  be named Cersei Baelish since we have someone who doesn't care about incest thinking that chaos is a ladder...

Also there's some good stuff in the soundtrack, gotta check that out!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 09:44:59 AM »
Finished. Indeed it ended strong, setting up nicely the second season, and not all the conclusions and plot points were easy to guess (there were at least a couple of legitimate suprises). I should have figured that Oberyn's widow from Game of Thrones would have kept her murderous tendencies also in this series : D, and the daughter of the opposition leader should  be named Cersei Baelish since we have someone who doesn't care about incest thinking that chaos is a ladder...

Also there's some good stuff in the soundtrack, gotta check that out!

:tup  I think it's a pretty well done show that can only grow in it's complexity. First season was good...but I have a feeling that subsequent seasons will be even better as they explore these characters and story lines more and reveal further details about that world.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 10:53:05 PM »
Finally digging into this one, and it's quite fantastic. On ep4 right now, and I should be through it in the coming days.

I do wanna say now that Cara Delevigne is officially my new crush. Holy smokes :hearts:

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 01:11:56 AM »
I discovered her in Valerian (underrated and fun movie) and she was smoking hot and gorgeous  :coolio

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 06:46:59 AM »
I do wanna say now that Cara Delevigne is officially my new crush. Holy smokes :hearts:

Yep. She is amazing. Like MirrorMask said, I first noticed her in Valarian and was like  :omg:     This show just sealed the deal on her though.

This is a good show....glad you're digging it.

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 05:09:12 AM »

Yep. She is amazing. Like MirrorMask said, I first noticed her in Valarian and was like  :omg:     This show just sealed the deal on her though.

To me she is Kristen Stewart mark II.   Terribly wooden actress with one expression (looking miserable) and no figure to speak off.  Each to their own I guess!