Author Topic: Lolzeez's Top 50 Albums! v. THE NUMBER ONE + ending  (Read 31427 times)

Offline Beowulf

Re: Lolzeez's Top 50 Albums! (Butt load of jazz fusion and prog rock)
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2012, 10:22:03 AM »
Yes, yes... The Lamb must make an appearance...  But not yet.  Too early.
You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
Yes, yes... The Lamb must make an appearance...  But not yet.  Too early.
Ok... Ok...
it is NOT on my list :c

Offline Beowulf

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2012, 11:34:22 AM »
Fine, fine.  I'll lay off. 

Like I tell my son when he tries to get me to listen to dubstep, "To each their own opinion.  It's just that your opinion is WRONG".
You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2012, 11:43:08 AM »
As Meat Loaf said... "2 out of 3 ain't bad".  Don't know Brand X at all, but the other two are definitely Top 50 worthy.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Mladen

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2012, 12:27:41 PM »
Animals is the best prog rock album of all time.  :tup

Also, it's great to see I'm not the only person that has ADTOE in my top 50.  ;D

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2012, 01:39:24 PM »
Also, it's great to see I'm not the only person that has ADTOE in my top 50.  ;D
Nice. ADTOE is their best album since SDOIT. Which will show up later on the list. Duh...

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2012, 01:46:43 PM »
Animals is awesome, I believe I ranked it similarly high. ADTOE is great as well, though it didn't make my list. Still, it's the best DT release since SDOIT, definitely.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
A Dramatic Turn of Events is most always a quality addition to any list on this forum, given it's good reputation. The other two, I'll have to check out. I really need to start getting some pink floyd.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Ħ

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2012, 03:07:10 PM »
Nice choices.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »
Animals is my favorite PF album.  I was really impressed with ADTOE when it was released and it has stood the test of time for me.  Top 3 DT album for me.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2012, 06:34:33 PM »
Animals is the best prog rock album of all time.  :tup

this is actually the 5th time ADTOE has been mentioned in a top 50 list.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2012, 05:04:01 AM »
Animals  :hefdaddy

Brand X I haven't heard and ADTOE is nowhere near my top 50. In fact, it's so far it could be Blob's neighbor.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2012, 12:52:10 PM »
Only 2 today. Why? Cause it's getting more and more closer to number 1.

34)Porcupine Tree-Deadwing (2005)

This album kicks ass. My second fav PT album. The title track starts out the album very well and i actually enjoy Lazarus. But like everyone,my favorite is Arriving Somewhere…But Not Here. It's probably my second favorite PT song. (You can guess the first one ofc)
The album is really fun too. I really enjoy Halo. The bass on that song is amazing. The last 2 songs (Start of Something Beautiful and Glass Arm Shattering) are also quite amazing. Shallow is a fun song too. Every song on here i actually love besides Open Door. So i guess I don't need to write favorite songs.

Least Favorite Song:Open Door

33)Guru Guru-Kanguru (1972)

Purchasing this album was probably one of the greatest choices that I have ever done. It was either this or "Welcome Back My Friends" the live album by ELP. I found the live album many more times and bought that later. I got this album for a little too much though. Still,it deserves it. Every song on here kicks ass. Every damn song kicks ass. I love the side two of the album more though. I don't know why. The album really caught my interest with the 3rd song called Baby Cake Walk. Often considered the best song on the album,this song was the first song that got me really interested in the band. I'm currently listening to their discography

Favorite Song:Baby Cake Walk
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:21:16 AM by Lolzeez »

Online SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2012, 01:09:09 PM »
That's one for Blob for sure  :lol
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2012, 01:58:39 PM »
That's one for Blob for sure  :lol
What do you mean?

Online SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Online Mladen

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2012, 02:40:24 PM »
žthis is actually the 5th time ADTOE has been mentioned in a top 50 list.
I apparently completely forgot about that.  ;D

Deadwing is fantastic. Never heard of that Kangaroo album, the artwork cracked me up.  :lol

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2012, 03:01:20 PM »
That Guru Guru thing has a ridiculus album cover Xd :D
I love beautiful things.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2012, 07:09:12 PM »
Awesome choice with Deadwing.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »
That Guru Guru thing has a ridiculus album cover Xd :D
First reason why i was interested

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »
A little journey to the year 1970...

32)Emerson Lake & Palmer-Emerson Lake & Palmer (1970)

This album i bought for a pound when i went to England and it was in great condition. And then i got home 2 weeks later. I saw Greg Lake was in the band so i gave it a shot. DAT OPENER THE BARBARIAN! Holy crap i love this song. Short and fun. It has the Keith Emerson feel to it. Not wankery and quite groovy! Oh and btw does anyone know how many hands this guy has? He's fucking gifted! Take A Pebble is also a great song. When you don't feel well,just listen to this song and relax. It works. Lake is such a genius! Knife Edge has a very cool and simple riff but it works. It might one of the catchiest songs by ELP.  The next side opens up with the best song on the album. And maybe *flame wall* the best ELP song of all time,Three Fates.  The song opens up in a creepy ass way with that devilish piano. This song defines Emerson and what kind of a musician he is. Pretty much mind blowing. The song also ends with a BOOM! I love it. Tank is also a really cool instrumental. That drum solo man. That fucking drum solo. And Lucky Man… Yeah. I guess the "hit". I really like this song. It's very catchy but the moog solo at the end is kinda out of place. Anyhow it's still a great song. You know what? From now on I'm gonna write only one song as my favorite song. Cause It's too hard choosing a second song.

Favorite Song:Three Fates

31)Genesis-Trespass (1970)

The most underrated prog rock album of all time. Pretty much. Get off your ass and listen to Trespass! It's an amazing album. Every damn song is fun to listen to and is unique on its own. I love "Looking For Someone" probably my favorite. The next song, White Mountain is also gorgeous. I love the chorus a lot for some reason. It isn't even that great of a chorus. I just like how it fits the music. The Knife is often considered the best song on the album but in my opinion it's my third favorite right behind White Mountain. I just think that it's kind of overrated. Though it must be better live. I only saw Looking For Someone live by some tribute band. It was still great. Well yeah. That's all for this album.

Favorite Song:Looking For Someone

Online Mladen

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »
Trespass is pretty sweet.  :azn: The ELP debut I do not enjoy, although I haven't given it a spin in years - last thing I remember, I was fighting not to fall asleep while listening to it. It just didn't work out.  :-\

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »
Again, great choices! I love the ELP debut and Trespass is very underrated.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »
No update today :/ I'm staying at my friend's house and my top 50 album document is at home :/

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »
What a shame. That means a double one tomorrow, right? :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2012, 06:21:50 PM »
Two great prog albums  :tup

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »
What a shame. That means a double one tomorrow, right? :)
No :( I'll give 4 tomorrow.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2012, 09:30:38 AM »
30)Symphony X-The Devine Wings Of Tragedy (1997)

Currently running a survivor on this. You might be surprised since this IS the only SX album on here. I know I am. But yeah,this is pretty much I&W for SX. I absolutely love the opener "Of Sins And Shadows". A perfect way to open up any album. Sea Of Lies is also great,keeping up the blood pleasure. But i really love The Accolade. Being the mini epic and balladish song of the album,it kicks ass. Russell Allen's vocals kick ass on this track. And for some reason 3:00 to 3:10 reminds me the intro to Watcher Of The Skies by Genesis. Am I the only one? Probably. Also the title track is the best song by SX period. From the intro to the outro,this song is prefect. Candlelight Fantasia is also one of the most underrated songs by the band. It's a ballad and a really good one. Closes the album very nicely.

Favorite song:Title track

29)Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of The Moon (1973)

This album is best experienced as a whole. Seriously is there anything not already said about this album? It's a masterpiece. I'm proud that humans can have this much talent. Yeah. Us And Them. Yeah. Best song on the album. Yeah. I really like Time though. Yeah. Money is fun too. Yeah. I shouldn't be writing at 3AM. Yeah.

Favorite Song:Us And Them

28)Haken-Visions (2011)

Ahhh Haken. You blew me away like a fat kid's fart after eating a gigantic cake on his birthday. And that's a good thing. I really hope these guys have a huge future. I adore this album and so should you. Kind of reminds me of I&W in a way too. It has this feel that after their first album,they finally found a sound unique to them and now they're trying to perfect it. If Aquarius is gold,this is uhhmmm whatever is better than gold. Premonition fading into Nocturnal Conspiracy,i guess the first song that i've heard from Haken. It blew me away. The way that the song is very calm and then explodes 3 minutes in is absolutely fantastic. Oh and btw i love the vocals. I saw a review that talked about the vocals being mediocre and all i have to say is… No matter who you are and no matter where you are,YOUR OPINION SUCKS! GAH! Ok I'm done. The next songs are very good as well. This is a very consistent album. Insomnia is a great song too. I really like the solo section on that song. Very Rudess like. I actually prefer this to ADTOE If you noticed btw. Yeah. The title track is some of the coolest epic songs that I've ever heard of. It really makes the whole album connect. I love it. I love the reprises as well. So yeah.

Favorite Song:Visions (duh)

27)Rush-Permanent Waves (1980)

YUP! This is THAT high on my list. Often considered the last good Rush album,(just kidding. It's my opinion. You don't like it? Good.) there's something special about this album for me. It has this cheerful vibe to it that i really love. Spirit Of Radio is a really catchy single. And I love it. Freewill has some amazing bass. Jacob's Ladder is some epic shit. I love it. Natural Science is also one of my favorites by the band. Well not much to say about this album. Also,this was my first Rush album. Got it for very cheap on vinyl and have been enjoying it ever since! Perfect album for that nice saturday night.

Favorite Song:Natural Science

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2012, 09:32:37 AM »
Home run of an update there.  I'm not overly familiar with Haken (tried it a couple of times), but the other three should be a AAA rating in anyone's books.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2012, 09:52:02 AM »
Three great albums, and one that I don't care about all that much. Only Visions is my favourite from the respective bands, but the others are all masterpieces in their own right. Good call especially on DWOT, the title track is a thing of beauty.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »
Another awesome update!  :tup

Online Mladen

« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2012, 12:22:37 PM »
Great Symphony X album, fantastic Pink Floyd album, and my favorite Rush album, I would actually put it in my top 10.  :metal

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2012, 01:17:50 PM »
Great Symphony X album, fantastic Pink Floyd album, and my favorite Rush album, I would actually put it in my top 10.  :metal
WOAH! I love this album but i like AFTK a tad more. There we go. Another spoiler.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2012, 01:22:23 PM »
You're spoiling your top 50 like it's nobody's business :lol well it is nobody's business but your own, so :hat

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2012, 01:44:59 PM »
You're spoiling your top 50 like it's nobody's business :lol well it is nobody's business but your own, so :hat
I should stop :/ Still,couple of surprises coming soon. Especially the top 25.