Author Topic: post here albums that you think are amazing but almost no one knows them.  (Read 5073 times)

Offline Ħ

Re: post here albums that you think are amazing but almost no one knows them.
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2012, 02:52:40 PM »
Oh I see. So they think they're British.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2012, 02:54:06 PM »
They're Norwegian. 

Offline Ħ

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2012, 02:57:14 PM »
So they think they're Norwegian, eh?
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »
Ah shit guys, we broke H.  How much does it cost to repair an undergrad nowadays?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2012, 03:23:30 PM »
Animal Alpha - Pheromones - female fronted hard rock with metal, blues, jazz and some other elements
Animal Alpha - You Pay For the Whole Seat, But You'll Only Need the Edge - heavier and slightly proggy album
Djerv - Djerv - Animal Alpha's vocalist's new band, mixture of rock, heavy metal and black metal
Ministry - Filth Pig - industrial doom/sludge, heaviest album I own and I don't think that music can become much heavier or noisier

When someone asks, I give these, even though no one ever checks them out. But I don't mind, no one would like them anyway.

You know I checked out Djerv after hearing their singer in that Dimmu Borgir song and being blown away by her.

And while she is still awesome, the band itself (Djerv) just really didn't do anything for me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ruba

« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2012, 04:17:41 AM »
^It's OK.

Though great you liked Agnete! I've seen many negative comments on her. Maybe she's like King Diamond, you either love or hate her.

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2012, 04:24:36 AM »
I am totally using Connexion now. The world needs more X.

Incidentally, I am putting forth Vi An Diep's album ENDANGERED for this list. I got it a couple of days back and I really like it.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2012, 05:37:09 AM »
Something from my own country that most likely nobody or very few here will know. Boudewijn de Groot's 'Voor de Overlevenden' (For the Survivors) is a very good album, but as a whole it's been sadly forgotten. Yes, it's in Dutch and the power of this album stems mainly from the lyrics, so I guess I'm not doing many a favour here.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »
The Esseness Project. I've mentioned them a few times , but I've never found another fan on the forum. Best instrumental album (essentially) sans keyboards ever...maybe best instrumental album period, though I do have a hard-on for a few others making for some stiff competition.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2012, 05:01:08 AM »
For me it would be Phantom's Opera's Act IV. Michael Romeo was in the band in it's early days.
This album features an impressive vocal performance from Terry Brock and a pomp approach. More info in my top 50!
Anyone else heard them?

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2012, 08:32:57 AM »
Apes and Androids - Blood Moon

I consider it the best record made over the last decade. I can't say enough good things about it. But to describe it, I suppose 1 thing that I've seen is like it David Bowie and Queen made an outrageous Rock Opera.

Offline Rob

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2012, 08:56:53 AM »
Adam Green - Gemstones

One of my favorite albums of all time. The way I discovered it was kinda funny, I read a kinda positive review of the album in the trashy German "Bravo" magazine that just follows any trend and has no idea about music whatsoever (and I also saw this guy in some obscure TV show) and then I dreamt of the album. In my dream I think someone gave it to me as a gift and I think I liked it. In reality, I didn't know what kind of genre it was, nothing, but I felt like I needed to listen to this, for whatever reason. So I decided to check it out and initially fell in love with it.
The songwriting (brevity of the songs, simple yet awesome chord progressions), the lyrics (his wordplay and humour), his voice, the sound of the acoustic guitar, the beautiful melodies accompanied by a beautiful Wurlitzer piano, the production - just an absolutely incredible album.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:04:42 AM by Rob »

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »
Here's a little treat:

Autofant - Family

If you ever feel a tiny bit mouldy, listen to the song Egg and i assure you something will change! :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:15:17 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline rogerdil

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2012, 09:11:53 PM »
Wigwam - Being (1974) -- Finland, progressive rock

Jim Pembroke's flamboyant yet bluesy vocal stylizing, mixed with the active, chops-tastic bass of Pekka Pohjola and criminally under-recognized keys (Mini Moog, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer) of Jukka Gustavson.  Each individual brings such contrasting styles, which yields a diversity of sounds, all organized into 5 two-song suites.  Bon Appétit.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »
Wigwam - Being (1974) -- Finland, progressive rock
They were a band I really enjoyed when I was madly into prog.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2012, 10:05:35 PM »
Tiamat - Wildhoney
A great album that mixes gothic, death metal and psychedelic rock all into one.  Very spacey, very absorbing and not too long of a listen.  Also, apparently it was a big influence on maudlin of the Well. 

Enemy of the Sun - Caedium
This is an album with some great guitar work.  It's thrashy but not really thrash metal, more progressive but with nice, concise songs.  The singing is mostly harsh, thrash metal style shouting with some growling.  There's a lot of variety on the album but the songs are all pretty heavy and very catchy.

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »
Triumvirat - Spartacus

Keyboard-driven 70s progressive rock, very much in the vein of ELP, but by Germans, and with thundering bass licks and production.

Checked this out a couple weeks ago seeing it on a YouTube recommendation...pretty deadly 70's prog right there.

Also, anyone with a hard-on for spiral architect knows their shit. Also acquired it in 01 and have been awaiting it's follow-up for a rather unprecedented number of moons.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:38:19 PM by pain of occupation »

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2012, 03:38:42 PM »
Tiamat - Wildhoney
A great album that mixes gothic, death metal and psychedelic rock all into one.  Very spacey, very absorbing and not too long of a listen.  Also, apparently it was a big influence on maudlin of the Well. 

OMG. some months ago whan I got my copies of Bath and Leaving Your Body Map, I was reading the story that was wrriten on the booklets about Maudlin Of The Well, and Toby talked about how much Wildhoney influenced him.
A great album indeed! espicially the last song
I love beautiful things.

Offline chwik

• Shadows of the Sun
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »
Amorphis - "Am Universum"
Nothingface - "Violence"
The Gathering - "Mandylion"
Atrocity - "B.L.U.T"