Author Topic: SIGH "Gallows Gallery" Deluxe Limited 2xLP / 2xCD / Shirts  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Blood Music

SIGH "Gallows Gallery" Deluxe Limited 2xLP / 2xCD / Shirts
« on: December 01, 2012, 06:39:31 AM »
Finnish label BLOOD MUSIC will be releasing the bizarre heavy metal masterpiece by SIGH "Gallows Gallery" on vinyl for the first time in history, as well as on deluxe 2xCD, along with limited T-shirts and hoodies.  This deluxe, ultra-limited edition was fully remastered from the original mixes for both CD and vinyl and will be pressed on heavyweight vinyl in a triple-gatefold layout, as well as into a 6-panel fold-out digipack.  The packages both come with a full disc of original demos for the album.

They will be limited to:

Vinyl 2xLP
Color 180-gram: 100 copies USA/100 copies Rest of World
Black 180-gram: 50 copies USA/50 copies Rest of World

Digipack 2xCD
250 copies USA/250 copies Rest of the World

T-shirts
Black: 30 USA/30 Rest of the World
Navy blue: 12 USA/12 Rest of the World

Hoodies
Black: 5 copies USA/5 copies Rest of World
Navy blue: 5 copies USA/5 copies Rest of World

Pre-orders go live on December 6th at 5PM Finnish time (10AM NYC). The records will be released within 1-2 weeks.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyIMSL89bxo

Audio example of the remaster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEMcgQgWqaM

More information: https://www.blood-music.com
More information: https://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
Re: SIGH "Gallows Gallery" Deluxe Limited 2xLP / 2xCD / Shirts
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 06:47:41 AM »
Now here's something I (and maybe 2 other people on this board, unfortunately) can get behind. Gallows Gallery would have been such a great album if it didn't sound like it was recorded in a tin can. The audio sample on YouTube sounds TONS better, so I can only imagine how good this new master sounds when played properly. Definitely getting the 2CD/Digi and maybe even the hoodie if it's not too expensive.

Also, if you could work it out with Mirai, a complete remaster set of Sigh's entire discography would be phenomenal, as long as you don't touch Imaginary Sonicscape because that album sounds perfect the way it is.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Blood Music

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 09:38:22 AM »
Haha, I'm totally glad at least there are a few Sigh fans on here because they are absolutely one of my favorite bands in history, and on the same note, Imaginary Sonicscape is one of my favorite albums.  It is basically the only record that I'm going to be forever gutted for not getting the rights to press in time. 

Their other CDs are sadly locked up in all kinds of fucked up rights battles, which is sadly the case for many classic black metal bands.  The records were not made with the future in mind, and many of the labels have moved on and do not care at all for metal anymore, leaving things really complicated.  :/

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 10:08:15 AM »
Haha, I'm totally glad at least there are a few Sigh fans on here because they are absolutely one of my favorite bands in history, and on the same note, Imaginary Sonicscape is one of my favorite albums.  It is basically the only record that I'm going to be forever gutted for not getting the rights to press in time. 

Their other CDs are sadly locked up in all kinds of fucked up rights battles, which is sadly the case for many classic black metal bands.  The records were not made with the future in mind, and many of the labels have moved on and do not care at all for metal anymore, leaving things really complicated.  :/
Quite interesting. I understand that Imaginary Sonicscape, Gallows Gallery (I thought. How exactly did this come about?), Hangman's Hymn, and Scenes From Hell were given to The End Records, but who owns the rights to the first 4 and Ghastly Funeral Theatre? It's a damn shame that people can't put the business behind them and just let people buy the music they want to hear. I would absolutely kill for a full Sigh discography, but those earlier albums are impossible to find anymore.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 11:30:03 AM »
I haven't heard this particular album, I only know the latest album which I really like. But I must say that artwork, and the vinyl themselves looks brilliant. Job well done!

Offline Blood Music

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 12:19:17 AM »
Quite interesting. I understand that Imaginary Sonicscape, Gallows Gallery (I thought. How exactly did this come about?), Hangman's Hymn, and Scenes From Hell were given to The End Records, but who owns the rights to the first 4 and Ghastly Funeral Theatre? It's a damn shame that people can't put the business behind them and just let people buy the music they want to hear. I would absolutely kill for a full Sigh discography, but those earlier albums are impossible to find anymore.

Well, this is a long-ass story, but it turns out that The End has screwed over Sigh very heavily and never provided a contract for "Gallows Gallery," never paid them either, so obviously they don't own it.  Now we are actually the first label to provide the band with a contract for this record.  So technically, we're the first to have control over it ever. 

Imaginary Sonicscape was just reissued by The End but not owned by them (it's owned by Century Media).

Those other two are at The End.

The early ones are owned by Cacophonous, but there are all kinds of terrible rights issues.  I have to say that this is unfortunately not uncommon in classic black metal.  Many situations were dealt with without the distant future in mind, contracts are vague or non-existent, and so many people are claiming rights to the same record, putting them into a deadlock.  Also, many of these labels got out of metal and don't care to deal with it anymore.  Many times it's whoever swoops in and offers the biggest money to whoever and goes ahead, strongarming the others.  It's really bad.  Back on Black and Century Media have picked up a few titles illegally this way.

ZANTERA, you can check one of the songs from this record here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEMcgQgWqaM

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 01:54:35 AM »
I think the whole battle over rights is really silly and frustrating. Some labels who have the rights have no plans on re-releasing certain albums, yet they cling onto the rights instead of letting other labels re-release the album on Vinyl and CD for example.
It's really frustrating, and I feel for the people who are more into Sigh than I am (I might get into them more when I've heard more), I have a bit of the same experience regarding Choirs of the Eye which is my favorite Toby Driver album, but fucked up rights has resulted in a very very small chance of that album ever being re-released.  :'(

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 06:21:14 AM »
Christ, you'd think if these labels don't give a fuck about metal anymore they would just hand them over instead being complete asshats about it. At least that makes sense though. I guess we should just be happy that we're finally getting a definitive version of Gallows Gallery. The whole The End thing makes me feel really bad that I bought Hangman's Hymn and Imaginary Sonicscape from them, but at least I got them both on sale for like $2.85, so I didn't give them too much money.

Also, if anyone's lurking this thread from afar, Gallows Gallery is easily the most accessible Sigh album, and you'd be very very wise to get this. The biggest issue with the original was the production. The songs are excellent, and there's absolutely no harsh vocals at all (unlike their other albums).

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 07:12:51 AM »
I want that color vinyl  :o

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 07:21:18 AM »
Any idea on when the Strapping Young Lad set is going to be released?
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 07:22:17 AM »
I might actually get this just from the artwork and the colored vinyl themselves. As I said it looks really beautiful. I love In Somniphobia, how does this one sound in comparison? (apart from the no harsh vocals)

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 07:28:23 AM »
I might actually get this just from the artwork and the colored vinyl themselves. As I said it looks really beautiful. I love In Somniphobia, how does this one sound in comparison? (apart from the no harsh vocals)
Not as fucked up or experimental as the middle section of the album. I'd compare it more to the first two tracks, but with a bit more emphasis on melody. It's really not black metal at all. The audio sample in the OP is a good indicator of how the rest of the album sounds. The sax player wasn't with them yet though, so don't expect any of that.

Offline Blood Music

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 02:41:05 AM »
Yes, rights issues are a constant thorn in our side.  But it feels like a huge achievement when you discover some amazing album that is available.

I could write a 15 page essay, minimum, on the state of music rights for reissuing and all that, but of course, no one would want that here.  A huge bulk of my time with releasing stuff is spent in discussing rights.  It's boring and fascinating at the same time, haha.

SYL is coming out early next year.  We've been updating a bit regularly these days on our FB about the status.  It's being worked on now.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=449821735075159&set=a.414644918592841.96620.165101886880480&type=3&theater

Offline Blood Music

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 08:26:36 AM »
Everything is live for pre-order!

https://www.blood-music.com/store

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 09:46:10 AM »
Bought. Any idea when it'll ship?

Also, is there a tracklisting for the demo disc? If there's any versions of the songs with Mirai doing harsh vocals instead of the clean vox on the album, I will flip shit.

Offline Blood Music

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 03:14:17 PM »
Thanks man !

Vinyl and CD are in stock now, just need a short break, we are just finishing up sending nearly 300 Ihsahn LPs. They should start to get packed and go out within a week or so. I think they'll all be shipped by Xmas time at latest.

Check the tracks here, now also for official digital download:

https://blood-music.bandcamp.com/

Offline Blood Music

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 06:17:38 AM »
Black vinyl sold out everywhere.

There are 7 copies left of color vinyl in EU, and about 15 left in USA til sold out for good.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 09:27:42 AM »
That's quite impressive, especially for a band like Sigh.

Offline Blood Music

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »
Yeah :) Well, the vinyl is sold out everywhere except for 5 copies of the color left in USA.

ALSO --

There was a printing error on the shirts, so we are offing them at half price.  There are 9 hoodies left, once the hoodies are sold out, we're gonna donate the rest of the T-shirt stock to the homeless.

If you want a decent Sigh hoodie for 17,49.  Contact us !

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 01:10:41 PM »
So, they evidently tried to deliver this to me like 4 weeks ago, but I never saw the slip saying that they missed me and would hold it at the post office for me. So, at least I have it now. Everything sounds awesome so far. I'm only a few songs into the first disc, but I'm excited to check out the demos too. It's a nice package too.  :metal

Also, it's really cool that you have a distribution center in Ann Arbor. That's where I intend to move after I graduate college.

Offline Blood Music

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 02:24:16 AM »
Sorry I missed this, great news man!  Glad it arrived well.

Haha, maybe they can drop stuff on your porch when you move there.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 06:33:27 AM »
Yeah, it's a wonderful product. I've been able to truly appreciate this album now that all the little intricacies can shine through. Those guys really have the most interesting sense of melody.