Author Topic: The IQ Thread  (Read 63789 times)

Offline The Letter M

Re: The IQ Thread
« Reply #665 on: March 12, 2022, 11:08:46 AM »
I want to get it, but I'd like to know when it ships. I move in May.

I ordered from IQ themselves and it arrived a week after I ordered it, so pretty quickly. I'm not sure about LaserCD. You might want to email them first and ask.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline 425

« Reply #666 on: March 12, 2022, 01:17:17 PM »
I ordered from IQ around the same time as Marc and got it around the same time (I'm in the western US), so it seems pretty consistent.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #667 on: March 12, 2022, 02:22:43 PM »
Okay, I just went for LaserCD since I don't know how long it will be up for.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #668 on: March 12, 2022, 04:06:53 PM »
Okay, I just went for LaserCD since I don't know how long it will be up for.

Best of luck. At least with LaserCD, you probably won't have to be home to sign for it when it arrives (like I had to with ordering from IQ directly, which is why I missed it for two days on Friday and Saturday after two failed delivery attempts, but I got it on the following Monday). With LaserCD, I would hope they get their pre-order allotment in fairly soon, and considering how quickly mine arrived from the UK, once they get it in, it shouldn't take long to get from LaserCD to you, as they are pretty quick with shipping as well.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #669 on: March 12, 2022, 05:36:59 PM »
Yeah. I figured I'd be paying less through them, so I might as well hop on it while they have the option available.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #670 on: March 13, 2022, 01:35:43 AM »
So, I've spent some time this weekend with the album Frequency. I quite like much of it (the title track, Life Support, Stronger Than Friction, and Closer) - where do I go next?

I remember checking out The Road Of Bones a year or so back, but it didn't grab me then. Perhaps another try?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #671 on: March 13, 2022, 03:14:27 AM »
So, I've spent some time this weekend with the album Frequency. I quite like much of it (the title track, Life Support, Stronger Than Friction, and Closer) - where do I go next?

I remember checking out The Road Of Bones a year or so back, but it didn't grab me then. Perhaps another try?

You cold try Ever.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #672 on: March 13, 2022, 08:49:54 AM »
Agreed. Although Road of Bones is quite amazing, so give that another shot. But Ever is a wonderful album, as is The Seventh House.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online goo-goo

« Reply #673 on: March 31, 2022, 08:30:31 AM »
Just got a shipping confirmation from LaserCD for the archive book.  :metal

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #674 on: May 02, 2022, 08:51:32 AM »
From the latest IQ/GEP newsletter:

We’re getting rather excited about the imminent (hopefully) arrival of the triple vinyl release of ‘Subterranea’ live at De Boerderij. This gorgeous package includes a triple gatefold sleeve featuring the prison bars on the front cover with a nifty ‘die-cut’ in between the bars (creating gaps in the cover so you can see the inner sleeve below). Pressed on three different colours of marbled vinyl, each disc has its own printed inner sleeve which shows through the bars of the front cover when placed in the first fold of the gatefold, essentially creating six different front covers!

To add to all this gorgeousness the package also comes with a six page full colour lyric sheet featuring, er, the lyrics and the story of the show by Peter Nicholls.

We know you’re going to love this release - once we get confirmation of a delivery date we’ll add it to the IQ web store as a pre-sale.

-Marc.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #675 on: May 02, 2022, 09:31:43 AM »
Only vinyl?

I actually have a really nice turntable…but I need a new stylus (and my system needs better speakers) so I don’t really get the chance to use it very often.

It’s a nice “coffee table” piece, but it would be worth more to me of it came with CDs. (Especially since the live Subterranea performance was video only on the last boxed set.)  :\

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #676 on: May 02, 2022, 11:18:15 AM »
Yeah, I need this.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline nick_z

« Reply #677 on: May 03, 2022, 07:11:06 PM »
Quick question for the IQ enthusiasts in the thread: I'm seeing there are two versions of The Road of Bones, one with 2 CDs - is it worth getting?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #678 on: May 03, 2022, 08:06:52 PM »
Quick question for the IQ enthusiasts in the thread: I'm seeing there are two versions of The Road of Bones, one with 2 CDs - is it worth getting?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

It’s not just a bonus disc of throwaways or demos. It is a full blown 2nd half of an album.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #679 on: May 03, 2022, 08:10:45 PM »

ABSOLUTELY!!!

It’s not just a bonus disc of throwaways or demos. It is a full blown 2nd half of an album.

:tup

That's what I was wondering...good to know!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #680 on: May 03, 2022, 08:28:39 PM »
Agree with Jammin...definitely get the 2 disc version.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #681 on: May 04, 2022, 12:44:02 AM »

ABSOLUTELY!!!

:tup

That's what I was wondering...good to know!

100%. The second disc is a little more experimental/raw, but just as good as the first disc!
any rock can be made to roll

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #682 on: June 11, 2022, 07:25:57 PM »
The did Enemy Smacks for an encore at tonight's show.

*cries*

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #683 on: June 12, 2022, 12:19:54 AM »
The did Enemy Smacks for an encore at tonight's show.

*cries*

Oh...... please keep the setlist until Stockholm in March next yar.....

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #684 on: June 12, 2022, 12:54:02 PM »
Fuck me...he went full Peter too...

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #685 on: June 12, 2022, 02:14:04 PM »
Fuck me...he went full Peter too...

What wouldn't I give to see that!!!!!

Offline Eldomm

• Metropolis chemist
« Reply #686 on: June 13, 2022, 12:16:26 AM »
Hopefully I will see it in a couple of weeks in Milan...  :D

Offline Eldomm

• Metropolis chemist
« Reply #687 on: June 29, 2022, 01:31:12 AM »
Attended the gig this Saturday in Milan! Wonderful setlist (the same as the last couple of concerts, except for the encore: instead of The Enemy Smacks, we got No Love Lost + Headlong, not bad anyway...), wonderful performance!
it was really apparent that they enjoyed the show themselves, participation of the audience was top. Can't wait for the next chance to see IQ live!

Offline Eldomm

• Metropolis chemist
« Reply #688 on: December 16, 2022, 12:28:21 AM »
The double CD from the IQ 40 gig in Barcelona is available for ordering!
https://shop.iq-hq.co.uk/collections/cds/products/iq40-forty-years-of-prog-nonsense

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #689 on: December 25, 2022, 06:08:48 AM »
On a whim I checked the set from the Netherlands Christmas Show...they played the Dark Christmas Suite and Enemy Smacks.

Damn.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #690 on: March 20, 2023, 12:27:31 PM »
For IQ and vinyl fans, they've put up a pre-sale for Subteranea Live triple vinyl album!

https://shop.iq-hq.co.uk/products/subterranea-live-vinyl

It's finally here! Recorded at De Boerderij, Zoetermeer in October 2011 this is a complete live performance of IQ's double concept album 'Subterranea'.

Presented in a triple gatefold sleeve with printed inner sleeves and pressed on three different coloured marbled vinyl discs this is one gorgeous triple album.

The bars on the front cover feature a die cut so that the inner sleeve appears through the bars. Each inner sleeve has two different 'central diamond' pictures so in effect there are six different front covers to choose from.

Also contains a six page lyric sheet.

Note: this is not the same recording as the 'Subterranea: The Concert' CD that was released in 2000.

https://fb.watch/jonKL3ybta/

'Subterranea Live' Triple Vinyl Pre Sale Now Open!
Yay! We're reliably informed that the Subterranea Live Vinyl will be delivered later this week so we've added it to the IQ Store as a presale. Orders will be shipped out once we've taken delivery of the vinyl.
Orders from the EU will be shipped from Germany once the stock has arrived there.

-Marc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #691 on: May 29, 2023, 10:09:05 AM »
Writing for the new album has begun.... :dangerwillrobinson:

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #692 on: May 29, 2023, 10:22:59 AM »

Just saw this! Very exciting!

Also, they recently found a box of Tales From A Dark Christmas CDs and I managed to snag one (before they sold out), along with the Tales and Ever Anniversary remixes and the IQ logo enamel pin.

Even though I already technically have the Christmas disc from the IQ Archive artbook set, I've always wanted the single disc on its own, so I'm happy to snag one for only £8.

-Marc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #693 on: May 29, 2023, 10:29:27 AM »
Nice, I saw they updated the store as well, wanted to get one of the Enemy Smacks shirts but they only had 2x and up left.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #694 on: May 29, 2023, 02:24:04 PM »
I just recently dove headfirst into this band. Been spinning Road Of Bones for a few weeks now. Can't seem to be able to stop. I now have physical copies of all studio albums from Ever to Resistance. Have digital versions of Seven Stories into 98 and The Lost Attic. Trying to work my way through it all.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline emtee

« Reply #695 on: May 29, 2023, 03:27:25 PM »
Exciting news! This band has climbed into my all-time top 10. Road Of Bones owned me for a solid year. In a current ranking it would be in my top 5. Yes, I think it's that good. Can't wait for new music.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #696 on: May 29, 2023, 08:43:32 PM »
Exciting news! This band has climbed into my all-time top 10. Road Of Bones owned me for a solid year. In a current ranking it would be in my top 5. Yes, I think it's that good. Can't wait for new music.

I remember someone at the old MP forum pimping Bones pretty heavy for quite a long time. I was trying to remember who and you just so happened to be who came to mind.  :lol
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jammindude

« Reply #697 on: May 29, 2023, 10:59:06 PM »
I keep forgetting who (and that makes me feel like crap. But it’s one of those things where you meet face to face once every 5 years and in that 5 years you’ve had at least 6 major life crises, and then it’s like “pop quiz! Who was that guy who showed you that albums 5 years ago, and your ADD is screaming “I don’t even know what I had for breakfast THIS MORNING!!”  But I digress…) but I ran into someone from here at the Transatlantic show in Seattle back in 2014 when the Seahawks were winning the Super Bowl, and he insisted I pick up Frequency at my first opportunity, so I did. And I was absolutely floored by that album.

It took me awhile to pick up ROB, because it was a 2-disc import and it was expensive. But I loved Frequency so much that I bit the bullet and picked it up. I was never sorry I did that.

From there I went back to Tales and worked my way forward. I think I can now say that they may have passed up Haken as my #3 all time favorite band. Just really upset that I didn’t check these guys out a long time ago. I always saw their albums on the rack, but I was listening to much heavier stuff at the time and the record store guy was always giving me the “it’s ok. It’s not heavy at all. Sortof on the Styx side of things). Not completely inaccurate from an American perspective, but I would find out later that it fails to do it justice.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #698 on: May 30, 2023, 08:49:48 AM »

I picked a good year to start getting into this band.  :tup

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #699 on: May 30, 2023, 09:24:44 AM »

I picked a good year to start getting into this band.  :tup

Meanwhile, I discovered them around 2004/2005, not long after Dark Matter came out, and it's been a 5 year wait between studio albums ever since then. I suspect the new one probably won't come out til early 2024 just to keep up the pattern.  :lol

Dark Matter, Frequency, and The Road Of Bones all came out in the summer of 04, 09, and 14 respectively, while Resistance came out in October of 19. I think if we're lucky, we may get their next album before next summer, but I'll probably expect a May/June release.

-Marc.