Author Topic: Comments on your T-Shirts  (Read 6677 times)

Offline Unlegit

Re: Comments on your T-Shirts
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 10:03:08 PM »
Honestly, I've never gotten any comments about my DT shirts, or any of my prog band shirts for that matter.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 10:10:19 PM »
^ That's cool. :tup
That's an understament! :tup
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 11:25:44 PM »
When I went to the Uproar Festival back in 2010, I was wearing my Progressive Nation 08 shirt. At the time, MP was drumming A7X and he was honestly the only reason I went. But, lo and behold, an older dude came walking by with a 25th Anniversary BCSL shirt on.
In stereo, we said, "hey nice shirt!"

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »
Back in my college days a super hot girl walked right up to me in the cafeteria and out of nowhere asked "can I touch you?  You are wearing a Dream Theater t-shirt."  I took her to her first Dream Theater show later that month in Providence.  After the show, Derek Sherinian asked her out on a date and they traded phone numbers.  No joke.

OMG I went to a DT gig with a girrl from collage, well not with her but you know, and Derek came on to her too. He said "Where you goin' tonight darlin'?"
Man what a sleaze  :lol

Ahaha such a playa

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2012, 09:11:52 AM »
I haven't worn my DT shirt out in a long time. When I got it, it fit me fine, but after a huge growth spurt it's too big for me and I don't like to wear oversized stuff out. But when I did, I got several comments, one at a Halloween store or something like that  :lol He asked, "Is that Dream Theater like the band?"  :lol
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2012, 10:47:50 AM »
"is that a dream theater tshirt?"
"why yes it is"
"please, let me blow you"

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 11:26:18 AM »
"why yes it is"

snapple and Courtney's first meeting.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 11:24:41 PM »
I only once had someone comment on a shirt, saying "Dream Theater is an awesome band."

Though, I remember somebody on here years ago said an old lady came to him and said "Do you 'dream theater'?"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2012, 03:27:55 PM »
I have problems fitting one boob in a girl shirt, let alone the rest of my torso.

Nick has the same problem with guy shirts.

When I got it, it fit me fine, but after a huge growth spurt it's too big for me and I don't like to wear oversized stuff out.

Wait...what?  ???  Either "growth spurt" means something completely different in the foreign realm of Florida than it does here in the rest of the world, or you are saying that the shirt had  growth spurt.  Either way, my mind is blown.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2012, 03:54:31 PM »
I was wearing a DT shirt once while going through security at an airport and one of the security guys was like "Dream Theater.  John Petrucci." and then did air guitar stuff.  I flashed him the horns o' metal in return.  I think there have been others but that's the most recent one/only one I can clearly recall. 

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2012, 06:01:51 PM »
I have problems fitting one boob in a girl shirt, let alone the rest of my torso.

Nick has the same problem with guy shirts.

:icy:

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »
All the time.  A lot more Rush than Dream Theater though....

Online TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 04:12:49 PM »
My SFAM shirt is my favorite shirt, so I always wear it when I go places like Disneyland and Six Flags and stuff. I almost ALWAYS get people commenting on it. It's cool, cause being a DT fan almost seems like a brotherhood, where DT fans have a tighter bond than Metallica fans, for example.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Pictureday

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2012, 03:47:18 PM »
My son (12yrs old) and I was in the a mall and we stopped at Cinnabon to get a snack.  He was wearing his ADTOE shirt from a recent conecrt we went to. The girl (maybe 18) at the cinnabon counter started freaking out because she had never seen anyone beside her dad wearing a DT shirt. She then began telling me that her dad worked on side projects with JLB and few few other members. Turns out her dad is the drummer for the band Redemption and we were in the HS marching band together in HS.....

Offline PROGdrummer

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »
My son (12yrs old) and I was in the a mall and we stopped at Cinnabon to get a snack.  He was wearing his ADTOE shirt from a recent conecrt we went to. The girl (maybe 18) at the cinnabon counter started freaking out because she had never seen anyone beside her dad wearing a DT shirt. She then began telling me that her dad worked on side projects with JLB and few few other members. Turns out her dad is the drummer for the band Redemption and we were in the HS marching band together in HS.....

That is a CRAZY story

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »

Damn!  It really IS a small world. :tup

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2012, 04:40:59 PM »
"why yes it is"

Man talking to a man, I can not think otherwise.  :P  :rollin

In all seriousness, I don't have or see any girl DT fan around here I'm friend with. Thanks DTF I know they REALLY exist.  :metal
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2012, 04:48:52 PM »
Damn right we do. :metal

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 10:20:20 PM »
When I went to the Rush show in Las Vegas a week ago, I was amazed by how many comments I got on my shirt. It was a great feeling. :metal
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 04:33:41 AM »
I was in a club once and some local bands were playing cover songs. To much of my surprise and delight, one band played Pull Me Under as an encore. They were good, too. For some reason, I looked around and immediately spotted a guy in a Metropolis T-shirt. It was uncanny. On account of all this, we exchanged a few words and proceeded to enjoy the show. At one point, some of the band members noticed him as well, and called him up on stage.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »
Funnily enough I just ordered a guy's small SFAM t shirt. I don't wear men's t shirts so my band t shirt collection is pretty limited at the moment (some Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd, Opeth and Symphony X is all I have) but as I'm sick of hanging around for decent girls DT shirts to come out I've just gone for this, I reckon I can girl it up with skinny jeans and boots and a biker jacket or something. Otherwise it'll be pyjamas. And the only people likely to see those already know me well enough to know I love DT :P
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...