Author Topic: MIDI's  (Read 5963 times)

Offline Filipe_metalhead

MIDI's
« on: September 20, 2012, 12:36:33 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new in here and I would like to do 2 questions:

1 - Can anybody get me the Far From heaven MIDI (hey I don't know if I'm allowed to speak of this or even mentioning it... I relly don't know even if it's ilegal)?

2 - Does anybody have wallpapers from the latest DT album ADTOE?? I really love the artwork!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: MIDI's
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new in here and I would like to do 2 questions:

1 - Can anybody get me the Far From heaven MIDI (hey I don't know if I'm allowed to speak of this or even mentioning it... I relly don't know even if it's ilegal)?

2 - Does anybody have wallpapers from the latest DT album ADTOE?? I really love the artwork!

Not sure what MIDI you are asking for.  I'm not aware of any specific MIDI file.  If you are asking for something a fan created, that's probably fine.

As far as wallpapers, it's fine to ask for fan-made stuff.  If you are talking about the actual album artwork, it depends.  Technically, ALL officially-released album and single artwork is off limits.  If it's low-res artwork that you could see just by going to the album or single page on Amazon and download by right-clicking, I'm not going to put up a fuss over it being posted.  But if it's hi-res artwork that you could only get by purchasing, it's off limits.  I'm always happy to clarify forum rules if something isn't clear in a given situation.  But it seems from your post like you haven't even read the forum rules, which you promised to do when you signed up.  Please read them if you haven't.  Doing so will keep you out of trouble and keep you from being potentially banned for posting something you should that could easily have been avoided if you read the rules.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 03:39:33 AM »
^ not to be testy, but wasn't a gigantic version of the ADTOE cover put up on the Roadrunner site prior to its release? (i got it from somewhere official!) so that'd be publicly available and thus okay to post, yesh?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 04:07:11 AM »
It was. I've got it, too. It was hosted on the Roadrunner Records UK site - which has now gone under, so it's no longer available, potentially putting it back into a grey area, but a gigantic, 2400x2401 copy of the album cover was publically released by the label before the album came out, yeah.

You can see the announcement with the broken link here --

https://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/page/News?news_id=111076

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »
In the early days of DT there were about 5 different MIDIs for any given DT song. That kinda died out over the years.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Filipe_metalhead

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 05:20:29 AM »
I was asking for fanmade (the MIDI part).

Offline The Presence of Frenemies

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 05:42:31 AM »
Anybody who has Guitar Pro software can easily make a midi, presuming the song in question has a tab available to download online.
Yeah, I have no idea what the cakeless person in that analogy is meant to be eating. If he's got some sort of cake substitute, it should really have been worked into the narrative at some point. As it stands, the options are:

• Hoard a cake just to stare blankly into its doughy edifice.
  • Make futile chewing motions with your mouth while starving to death.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 12:31:52 AM »
I use Melody Assistant.  Enter the tab and export it as midi.  Great program, also can program and export drums.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Nest777

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 04:56:11 PM »
IIRC, there were MIDI files for almost every DT song from Images and Words to SFAM in the old DT official web. I downloaded that ones for free, but I don't know if there are MIDI files for the more recent albums.

I think a member of this forum took the artwork from DTnet and made some nice wallpapers. Back in the day they were posted here, so I'm supposing there's no problem if I give you the link: https://s1205.beta.photobucket.com/user/DreamTheaterXtreme/library/ADToE%20DTnet%20Backgrounds

Offline The Fatal Tragedy

• I'm that "Awesome" guy.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 06:06:53 PM »
Great topic. I actually collect DT midi files simply so I can play the files on a player piano (which sort of ends like being a complete piano transcription). I'm pretty sure all of the ones on this site are fan-made.

https://www.rppmf.com/dream_theater.htm

By the way, on this website there is more than half of ADTOE's songs already in midi format.
Embrace the days; don't turn away. Life's true intent needs patience.

Karma starts the signal...