Author Topic: Vote In Prog’s 2012 Readers’ Poll  (Read 562 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Vote In Prog’s 2012 Readers’ Poll
« on: November 13, 2012, 05:42:27 AM »
IT’S BEEN ANOTHER bumper year for prog.We’d had stellar releases from some of prog’s big hitters, returns to the fold (and form) from some who’ve been off the radar for a bit, and a continued stream of brand new material from hitherto unknown acts. It all continues to point to an increasingly healthy creative scene. Ongoing financial constraints seem to have affected the live arena, with smaller attendances for some gigs, juxtaposed with sell out shows for others. The Olympics stopped High Voltage happening this year, but we still had the ever-wonderful Summer’s End, and with the advent of new festivals with the likes of Celebr8 and Y Prog, and the continued existence of Danfest and Progmeister festivals. And of course there was the very first Progressive Music Awards at Kew Gardens this year, which saw TesseracT, Anathema, Rush, Pink Floyd, Squackett, Carl Palmer, Steven Wilson, Peter Hammill, Genesis and Rick Wakeman all walk off with honours. If 2012 has told us anything, it’s that as the progressive genre continues to grow, and the attitudes of fans become more accepting.

So how this all the represented in the voting? Well, the categories are all below, just stick your choices on an email with Readers’ Poll 2012 in the subject field, and send your entries by December 18 here.

AND THE CATEGORIES ARE…

Best Band

Best Album

Best Female Vocalist

Best Male Vocalist

Best Guitarist

Best Bassist

Best Keyboard Player

Best Drummer

Best Reissue

Best Multimedia

Best Event

Non-Event

Best Venue

Tip For The Top: Band for 2013

Prog Heartthrob 2012

Prog Icon 2012

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Re: Vote In Prog’s 2012 Readers’ Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 05:52:08 AM »
Who do I vote for prog heartthrob? Hahahahahaha :lol

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 05:54:27 AM »
Lin Di <3<3

But then, I would.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 05:58:46 AM »
I shall seriously have to think about this.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise