Author Topic: Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use  (Read 120622 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use
« Reply #1750 on: June 08, 2021, 10:00:47 AM »
There's definitely similarities with the social aspect of sharing a buzz.  Passing a bowl or a joint is the same as passing around a bottle, or sitting and having a few beers.  It seems that there are also similarities with the solo buzzing.  I totally get someone having a glass of wine or a beer while doing something, just as I'll get stoned by myself and watch TV or listen to tunes.  I think the "danger" comes when you go too far.  Someone having a glass by themselves is someone enjoying the good things in life; someone sitting and finishing a 12-pack by themselves is usually seen as kinda sad, and possibly an indicator that alcoholism is a factor.  I don't know if there's a similar stigma with cannibus.  Probably.  The stoner-loner who sits around totally baked all the time.
In my totally subjective opinion, it's not so much how far you take it, but what's compelling you. I generally smoke as an accompaniment to something else. I don't smoke just for the sake of smoking or out of boredom. In my case this is generally a few times a week, but very definitely not every night. Drinking or getting stoned every night, just because it's what I do, is something I got away from years ago. Occasionally I want to get baked and listen to loud music. Cool. As often as not, though, I see no need to smoke up when I'm by myself.

And all of this goes part and parcel with drinking. It's usually both or neither for me.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1751 on: June 08, 2021, 10:12:59 AM »
I smoke a lot by myself if I'm being honest.

I'm not entirely sure I relate it the same as alcoholism.  There's some similarities I guess.  I think there's an addictive part of "being high" that may be mental and not so much chemical the way alcohol is.  If I had to name a reason why I smoke so much, even solo, I guess it's because I legit feel amazing and I have a lot of fun when I am high.  I feel like I experience things differently and it's almost always a more positive feeling.  I don't feel depressed or down on myself or anything like that.  Boredom could be a reason too, especially during the pandemic with not so much to do besides stay home.

One of my new hobbies lately (especially since the weather has gotten better now that it's summer) is on the weekends, I wake and bake with a cup of coffee.  The coffee/weed combo is real great feeling.  Makes me want to go out and conquer the world.  But what I do is go for a walk in the local park and enjoy being alone in the woods with some good music.  The coffee gets me physically going and the weed gets me mentally stimulated.  I call this leveling myself with the earth because I spend so much time connected to my phone or laptop or home PC, that I feel it's good for myself to go and be in nature for a bit with some of natures own being consumed.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #1752 on: June 08, 2021, 10:27:52 AM »
That's how I use wine.  I could never sit down and pound two bottles of wine, like I could vodka sodas.   But I'll finish work, go upstairs, and pour a glass of wine and that just helps me (or makes me THINK it helps me) slows things down in a way that the old drive home (with music) used to (and which doesn't anymore what with the a-holes that are on the road these days).   Depending on the meal, I will sometimes have another glass with my meal as well, but that's generally it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1753 on: June 08, 2021, 10:45:03 AM »
For my consumption habits:

I like to do higher dose edibles alone, mostly because they slow down my mind and opens it up to self reflection. That I kind of want some privacy for.

A low dose edible is great with a romantic partner around, since you can feel so much more than sober, so it helps connect me to my partner better and I'm not incapacitated.

I do like the communal aspect of passing a bowl around, but I almost never smoke it because of asthma. Passing a vape pen around I guess would work, but isn't quite the same.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1754 on: June 08, 2021, 11:03:37 AM »

I like to do higher dose edibles alone, mostly because they slow down my mind and opens it up to self reflection. That I kind of want some privacy for.

This is why I want home grow. I don't mind buying weed in a store, but growing at home allows you to grow a ridiculous amount of edibles because you can utilize all of the plant matter, not just the buds. The price of edibles in store is disgusting.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1755 on: June 08, 2021, 11:34:01 AM »

This is why I want home grow. I don't mind buying weed in a store, but growing at home allows you to grow a ridiculous amount of edibles because you can utilize all of the plant matter, not just the buds. The price of edibles in store is disgusting.

Yeah, especially for people like myself with a high tolerance.  I actually have a lot of keif that I want to cook with, just never got around to trying it out.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1756 on: June 08, 2021, 01:57:48 PM »

I'm not entirely sure I relate it the same as alcoholism.  There's some similarities I guess.  I think there's an addictive part of "being high" that may be mental and not so much chemical the way alcohol is.  If I had to name a reason why I smoke so much, even solo, I guess it's because I legit feel amazing and I have a lot of fun when I am high.  I feel like I experience things differently and it's almost always a more positive feeling.  I don't feel depressed or down on myself or anything like that.  Boredom could be a reason too, especially during the pandemic with not so much to do besides stay home.

Alcoholism is an addiction

Addiction is a dependency, no matter what it is. And it gets harder when that addiction and dependency begins to effect your overall lifestyle and routine.

People can become addicted and dependent on Cannabis.

Where that dependency lies is if a person needs that substance in order to live out their day. In regard to Cannabis, and THC, what the science has now found, is it has beneficial properties and can potentially help people mentally.

Alcohol doesn't have much, if at all, any of these type of benefits. It actually destroys the mind, that's the reason for why you feel drunk, and do stupid things under intoxication. It also, hurts your body if used in excess.

Cannabis doesn't have much, if at all, any health problems when used in excess. If anything, you'll just end up making your body tired to the point where you need to sleep.

But like with Alcohol, people just like that feeling of being buzzed or high. Animals do the same things as well, like those Dolphins huffing Pufferfish.  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

"We can't rewrite history. We can learn our own history, and share it with other people. While, we learn, from them, their history." -Me,Myself,I

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1757 on: June 08, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »
In all fairness, I'm a firm believer that alcohol does have health benefits, just not in the way that people would expect. Alcohol is, in moderation, a muscle relaxant and anxiolytic. The alcohol itself has far more downsides than positives, but the person who's able to responsibly unwind after work with a glass of wine or a nip of scotch is generally going to be better off with the teetotaler that doesn't know how to take his mind off of the stressors in his life. I would suggest that stress is far more hazardous than alcohol in moderation, and a drink is a decent enough way of shedding that stress. If we want to say that these risks don't outweigh those rewards then that's a reasonable discussion, but I wouldn't say that there's no benefit to responsible drinking.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
    • The ANABASIS - Music Making a Difference
« Reply #1758 on: June 08, 2021, 02:14:49 PM »

Addiction is a dependency, no matter what it is. And it gets harder when that addiction and dependency begins to effect your overall lifestyle and routine.

That's simply not true.  They can become emotionally "dependent" on it and "addicted" to using it, but there are no physiological consequences for the cessation of the use of cannabis. None.  If you smoke 50 joints a day for 10 years and stop tomorrow you will not suffer any kind of physical withdrawal symptoms because there are no compounds in cannabis that are physically dependency-forming.  That's that science.  Those are the facts.

Alcohol is a completely different animal.  You can become physically dependent on alcohol.  Physically and emotionally addicted to it but if you drink 10 shots of vodka every day for 10 years and suddenly stop you have a very good chance of dying from something called "delirium tremens" which is a withdrawal reaction that comes with the sudden cessation of alcohol consumption after a prolonged period of regular consumption.  Detoxification from alcohol outside of medical supervision can end in death.

Quitting smoking marijuana cannot end in death.  There are no physically addictive compounds in marijuana, let's not spread misinformation about it here, please.  There's already enough out there. 

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1759 on: June 08, 2021, 02:33:17 PM »
In all fairness, I'm a firm believer that alcohol does have health benefits, just not in the way that people would expect. Alcohol is, in moderation, a muscle relaxant and anxiolytic. The alcohol itself has far more downsides than positives, but the person who's able to responsibly unwind after work with a glass of wine or a nip of scotch is generally going to be better off with the teetotaler that doesn't know how to take his mind off of the stressors in his life. I would suggest that stress is far more hazardous than alcohol in moderation, and a drink is a decent enough way of shedding that stress. If we want to say that these risks don't outweigh those rewards then that's a reasonable discussion, but I wouldn't say that there's no benefit to responsible drinking.

There's some pretty tortured logic here, though.   What you just wrote is the alcohol equivalent to this:

The heroin addict who knows how to responsibly shoot up after work is generally going to be better off than the non-heroin user that doesn't know how to take his mind off the stressors in his life.

Yeah, no shit.  Practically ANYONE you enter here ______________________ is going to be "better off than the ________________________ who doesn't know how to take his mind off the stressors in his life.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1760 on: June 08, 2021, 02:35:26 PM »
From my experience when I go cold turkey from marijuana I am a bit more moody and have trouble falling sleeping.  It usually fades after a couple days.  So I'm not totally sold that there are no withdrawal symptoms, but it's certainly nothing close to alcohol withdrawal and I'm assuming that's because it's not a chemical issue but psychological.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1761 on: June 08, 2021, 02:54:09 PM »
From my experience when I go cold turkey from marijuana I am a bit more moody and have trouble falling sleeping. 

Same with me. Hardcore weed everyday to cold turkey just because I was curious how I would feel and same thing. A little more moody and not as easy to fall asleep. Gone within a day or two.

Offline Dublagent66

• Dark to Light...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Light to Dark
« Reply #1762 on: June 08, 2021, 03:59:18 PM »
LOL comparing heroin to alcohol :lolpalm:  Where'd that come from, CNN?  :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1763 on: June 08, 2021, 05:11:18 PM »
From my experience when I go cold turkey from marijuana I am a bit more moody and have trouble falling sleeping.  It usually fades after a couple days.  So I'm not totally sold that there are no withdrawal symptoms, but it's certainly nothing close to alcohol withdrawal and I'm assuming that's because it's not a chemical issue but psychological.

Precisely, you can still become addicted to it. The effects of the withdraw symptoms are not as bad as Alcohol, Meth, Cocaine, and even Mushrooms. It's one of the safest of these mind altering substances.

That's simply not true.  They can become emotionally "dependent" on it and "addicted" to using it, but there are no physiological consequences for the cessation of the use of cannabis. None.  If you smoke 50 joints a day for 10 years and stop tomorrow you will not suffer any kind of physical withdrawal symptoms because there are no compounds in cannabis that are physically dependency-forming.  That's that science.  Those are the facts.

Alcohol is a completely different animal.  You can become physically dependent on alcohol.  Physically and emotionally addicted to it but if you drink 10 shots of vodka every day for 10 years and suddenly stop you have a very good chance of dying from something called "delirium tremens" which is a withdrawal reaction that comes with the sudden cessation of alcohol consumption after a prolonged period of regular consumption.  Detoxification from alcohol outside of medical supervision can end in death.

Quitting smoking marijuana cannot end in death.  There are no physically addictive compounds in marijuana, let's not spread misinformation about it here, please.  There's already enough out there. 

I get what you are saying. It's a Physical Dependency.

But people can become Mentally Dependent on Cannabis. It just won't lead to a Physical Dependency as bad as Alcohol, or any other drug out there. Hell, Prescription Drugs have more of a Physical Dependency than Cannabis does.

And that Mental Dependency isn't bad at all either that it's not even worth being concerned about, as it really doesn't do any harm. Unlike Alcohol. I know because I was physically and mentally dependent on it, and it is not fun. I got better though and don't miss it at all, it is fun to notice myself drinking in dreams though. 

Cannabis did, and does, help me with other issues I have though, unrelated and related to that dependency.  :biggrin:

Cannabis just has so many beneficial uses. The Cannabis/Hemp plant has so many benefits, besides it's mental and health benefits, it's insane how it's not the norm.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

"We can't rewrite history. We can learn our own history, and share it with other people. While, we learn, from them, their history." -Me,Myself,I

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1764 on: June 08, 2021, 07:09:24 PM »

While what you say about physical dependence of MJ is likely correct, your bolded statement is not entirely right. Physical dependence AND psychological dependence are both things that exist, and the latter can manifest in real symptoms in the case of withdrawal, like stress, anxiety and panic attacks. Hell, just look up the nocebo effect if you want a taste of what the body and mind is capable of doing to itself in the absence of real physical stimuli.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 07:29:39 PM by XJDenton »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kip Rolled
« Reply #1765 on: June 08, 2021, 07:22:49 PM »
  They can become emotionally "dependent" on it and "addicted" to using it, but there are no physiological consequences for the cessation of the use of cannabis. None. If you smoke 50 joints a day for 10 years and stop tomorrow you will not suffer any kind of physical withdrawal symptoms because there are no compounds in cannabis that are physically dependency-forming.  That's that science.  Those are the facts.

Kirk, I am not asking you to produce links to studies or anything else, nor am I calling BS. But I do find this very interesting information.

My brain just tells me that any chemical put into your body in large quantities over time should have "some" physiological reaction upon stoppage.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1766 on: June 09, 2021, 09:03:34 AM »

I get you, Barry, and I agree with your science.  But from a practical perspective, is there a difference?  One doesn't "die" if they quit gambling cold turkey, but the process of the gambling can be and is (for some) addictive and harmful.   Same with many other things.  One view of "addiction" is "the chronic (no pun intended, ED.) or habitual use of any chemical substance to alter states of body or mind for other than medically warranted purposes.".    Another, more general - but more complicated - definition of "addiction" is " a heightened desire to re-experience use of the substance or behavior, potentially influenced by psychological, social, and environmental factors, that can lead to regular use/exposure, with chronic use/exposure leading to brain changes.  These brain changes include alterations in regions involving the neuro-circuitry of reward, motivation, memory, impulse control and judgment. This can lead to dramatic increases in cravings for a drug or activity, as well as impairments in the ability to successfully regulate this impulse, despite the knowledge and experience of many consequences related to the addictive behavior."  Neither of those are predicated on either PHYSICAL withdrawal or possibility of death on withdrawal.

Whether one dies from withdrawal or not, if one is unable to stop using a substance or engaging in a behavior even though it is causing psychological and physical harm, it's likely to be considered "addiction".  I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYONE HERE, LEAST OF ALL YOU, but we as humans have an almost unending capacity to self-delude and I would venture to say there are people that claim "weed doesn't impair me in the least!" that are just as lacking in self-awareness as those that say "of course my drinking is under control!".

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1767 on: June 09, 2021, 09:14:14 AM »
I won't die if I don't drink my morning coffee, but I may get an afternoon headache if I don't get my caffeine fix.  Marijuana isn't the only thing I have an addiction to.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1768 on: June 09, 2021, 09:15:19 AM »
I won't die if I don't drink my morning coffee, but I may get an afternoon headache if I don't get my caffeine fix.  Marijuana isn't the only thing I have an addiction to.

You and me both.  I'm prone to that feeling (EDIT: addiction) and I'm sensitive to it. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 12:16:01 PM by Stadler »

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1769 on: June 09, 2021, 11:23:39 AM »

You and me both.  I'm prone to that feeling and I'm sensitive to it.
That's the main reason I settled on third-caf. My tummy started feeling immeasurably better when I slashed my caffeine intake, but I started getting headaches in the evening. A side effect is that by blending my own I can create a tailored flavor that works for me (as well as that whole theft thing  :lol).
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1770 on: June 09, 2021, 11:31:51 AM »
What is third-caf?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1771 on: June 09, 2021, 11:40:23 AM »
What is third-caf?
Slightly weaker than half-caf. I blend about 70/30 decaf and regular together. This was where I settled when I decided to start tapering my caffeine many years ago. I get enough caffeine to wake me up and stave off headaches, but no more than I really need, and like I said, it's a lot easier on the tummy.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1772 on: June 09, 2021, 11:54:15 AM »
What is third-caf?
Slightly weaker than half-caf. I blend about 70/30 decaf and regular together. This was where I settled when I decided to start tapering my caffeine many years ago. I get enough caffeine to wake me up and stave off headaches, but no more than I really need, and like I said, it's a lot easier on the tummy.

Ah, that makes sense and went right over my head.  I'm honestly not sure I have a caffeine overload though.  I drink one cup in the morning and if I'm working, usually one in the afternoon.  Nothing that has more caffeine than usual either.  But I think it's more of just having a daily caffeine intake that's the cause not so much of how much each day.

Either way, a cup of joe and a bowl of marijuana does wonders for me.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1773 on: June 09, 2021, 12:14:49 PM »
What is third-caf?

Ah, that makes sense and went right over my head.  I'm honestly not sure I have a caffeine overload though.  I drink one cup in the morning and if I'm working, usually one in the afternoon.  Nothing that has more caffeine than usual either.  But I think it's more of just having a daily caffeine intake that's the cause not so much of how much each day.

Either way, a cup of joe and a bowl of marijuana does wonders for me.
I don't think I ever really noticed a difference when I started tapering, at least insofar as energy goes. The reality, at least I think, is that my brain associates hot coffee in the morning with increased energy. You could consider a similar approach just to see if it doesn't benefit you in some way you don't know about. Like I said, caffeine was making me feel kind of crappy, and until I cut back I never really noticed a cause/effect. If you're one of those people that orders his coffee out, it's pretty simple to just tell them how much of what you want. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1774 on: June 09, 2021, 12:21:53 PM »
I don't drink coffee. I just never really liked the taste of it. But, mainly, I really think it's just that I haven't found the right bean I enjoy.

my family used to drink a lot of soda drinks, like coke, which was a caffeine overload at times. When we stopped, buying it, I switched over to tea, and they switched to coffee and chai.

I do not drink any of those soda drinks now, and when I do, I can tell a difference. It was a weird addiction as well, because of how much we drank. And this is rampant in our community.

Mainly, I'll drink water and tea, and occasionally I'll try some fruit juices. I can not do apple juice though, it just goes right through.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1775 on: June 09, 2021, 02:03:51 PM »

I get you, Barry, and I agree with your science.  But from a practical perspective, is there a difference?  One doesn't "die" if they quit gambling cold turkey, but the process of the gambling can be and is (for some) addictive and harmful.   Same with many other things.  One view of "addiction" is "the chronic (no pun intended, ED.) or habitual use of any chemical substance to alter states of body or mind for other than medically warranted purposes.".    Another, more general - but more complicated - definition of "addiction" is " a heightened desire to re-experience use of the substance or behavior, potentially influenced by psychological, social, and environmental factors, that can lead to regular use/exposure, with chronic use/exposure leading to brain changes.  These brain changes include alterations in regions involving the neuro-circuitry of reward, motivation, memory, impulse control and judgment. This can lead to dramatic increases in cravings for a drug or activity, as well as impairments in the ability to successfully regulate this impulse, despite the knowledge and experience of many consequences related to the addictive behavior."  Neither of those are predicated on either PHYSICAL withdrawal or possibility of death on withdrawal.

Whether one dies from withdrawal or not, if one is unable to stop using a substance or engaging in a behavior even though it is causing psychological and physical harm, it's likely to be considered "addiction".  I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYONE HERE, LEAST OF ALL YOU, but we as humans have an almost unending capacity to self-delude and I would venture to say there are people that claim "weed doesn't impair me in the least!" that are just as lacking in self-awareness as those that say "of course my drinking is under control!".

Addiction is not dependence.  And that's the difference.  Addiction is behavioral.  Dependence is physiological.  When one consumes alcohol they are consuming a compound that the human body literally processes as poison.  Alcohol does precisely nothing good for the human body.  I seriously doubt that marijuana does anything good for the human body either, but the two are vastly different in terms of their capacity for physical dependence.  There is NO science that says marijuana use can result in physical dependence because there are no compounds in marijuana that produce physical dependence. That's not an opinion, that's a scientific fact.  TCH is not a compound that produces physical dependence.  Emotional, mental, psychological addiction could be referred to as "dependence" I guess, but it's just not the same as physical dependence, which in the case of alcohol and benzodiazepine-based substances sudden cessation without medical supervision can end in death. 

The reason I compared alcohol to heroin was ONLY in the context of its ability to produce physical dependence.  Alcohol can produce physical dependence with very similar withdrawal symptoms to that of heroin and benzos. They share that trait. They can produce a very dangerous level of physical dependence where under the right circumstances sudden cessation of use can result in severe physical symptoms and even death.  That's just not going to happen with weed.  Not ever.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1776 on: June 10, 2021, 07:24:13 AM »
I'm honestly not sure what you're arguing here.  That no one can die of weed?  Okay.  I know I've agreed with that now twice.   I'm not saying YOU'RE saying this, but I think any argument that can be misconstrued as that's the only standard by which harm can be measured is disingenuous.  I'm pro weed, but let's not assume that just because it doesn't kill you that it's therefore harmless.  The "dying" part, the physical dependence, is really most important to the individual.   If I, as a friend, or employer, or family member, am being harmed by the "addiction" or the "dependence" or the "behavioral pattern", is that distinction important?

Online Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1777 on: June 10, 2021, 09:19:20 PM »
Definitions aside, there are physiological withdrawal symptoms, though certainly not quite as severe as other drug addictions.

Here's a recent Harvard article offering advice while still admitting the science is not yet fully explored:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/if-cannabis-becomes-a-problem-how-to-manage-withdrawal-2020052619922

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1778 on: June 11, 2021, 01:19:28 PM »

I'm honestly not sure what you're arguing here.

LOL comparing heroin to alcohol :lolpalm:   Where'd that come from, CNN?  :lol

I was arguing against this little slice of ignorance about the differences between addiction and physical dependence and explaining why my comparison of alcohol to heroin is 100% valid when it's not intentionally taken out of context just to "own the libs CNN.com" or something.
::)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1779 on: June 11, 2021, 01:50:56 PM »

I'm honestly not sure what you're arguing here.

LOL comparing heroin to alcohol :lolpalm:   Where'd that come from, CNN?  :lol

I was arguing against this little slice of ignorance about the differences between addiction and physical dependence and explaining why my comparison of alcohol to heroin is 100% valid when it's not intentionally taken out of context just to "own the libs CNN.com" or something.
::)
Well, to be fair, the reason you made the initial comapison between alcohol and heroin wasn't related to addiction vs dependence, but rather their relative harm, and you did so to try and own me. I ignored it because it was off base with regards to the point I was making, but DA66's point actually was on target.

And for Christ's sake, please don't make me defend DA66 again.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1780 on: June 11, 2021, 02:09:46 PM »
I'm not trying to "own" anyone, but OK

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1782 on: June 16, 2021, 09:34:09 AM »
Connecticut passed their bill, though it may get vetoed by the Governor (a pro-weed Democrat) because of some of the provisions regarding the licensing of vendors.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1783 on: June 17, 2021, 09:51:55 AM »
The CT senate just voted YAY! 

Just need Lamont's wet signature and we're official  :hat :hat :hat :hat

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1784 on: June 17, 2021, 09:58:47 AM »
The CT senate just voted YAY! 

Just need Lamont's wet signature and we're official  :hat :hat :hat :hat

Did they curb those licensing requirements?  That's Lamont's hang up; he feels it opens the field too broadly (and unfairly) to those wanting to deal.  I don't know if I agree with him or not, but it's a fair concern.