Author Topic: Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use  (Read 115811 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
Re: Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use
« Reply #1715 on: February 23, 2021, 03:15:27 PM »
Not everyone has a dealer that is their friend.  Luckily I do, but it's still out of my way to get unlike going to a store.  Regardless, I brought it up to him and he doesn't plan on stopping and being that he's a friend, I still will be able to get his cheap high quality goods for likely well below the value of what the store would sell, which would keep me coming to him.  However, I'd likely still shop at a store for other goods on the occasion to try things and for convienency.  Honestly, the whole idea that I'm not longer being a criminal is really important to me.  The public view of being a "stoner" is changing and I'm on board with that.
Yeah, I think that's the fifteen years between us. I've grown accustomed to being a "criminal," even though at this point it's largely a ceremonial label.

And now that I think about it, I seem to recall you standing on a NYC sidewalk smoking a joint and yelling at pretty girls. I don't think it really bothered you all that much, either.  :lol

NYC has been decriminalized so I don't care about smoking on the less crowded streets there (which at that point was something I only started doing).  I would never do that in NJ (unless in a secluded spot). And I not only yelled at pretty girls, I shared with one of them  :lol oh I miss the days before covid.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1716 on: February 27, 2021, 07:15:15 PM »
Had some weed today for the first time since Ayahuasca and it was solid.

The week after ayahuasca, I didn't know if I was ever gonna have weed again, it was that much of a powerful experience, but 4 weeks of life and its accompanying BS wore me down. Also, the ayahuasca had me going very hardcore in a "lets get stuff done" kind of mood where I was hyper focused and hyper energetic to accomplish stuff and it was a little exhausting (but still positive). 

So I did a 20mg sativa edible and it was nice. It chilled everything out, let me reflect on some things and overall did exactly what I wanted it to.

Offline Vmadera00

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1718 on: March 24, 2021, 03:08:01 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal it only makes sense

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1719 on: March 29, 2021, 04:04:46 PM »
After a long and tiring week, I did a 10mg Sativa edible today and it was spectacular.

I laid back on the couch, gazed out a big bay window and watched the clouds slowly pass by as the warm comfortable sun shined through. Great day and I feel super chill. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1720 on: March 29, 2021, 04:08:41 PM »
After a long and tiring week, I did a 10mg Sativa edible today and it was spectacular.

I laid back on the couch, gazed out a big bay window and watched the clouds slowly pass by as the warm comfortable sun shined through. Great day and I feel super chill.

Funny, just did 110mg indica lol I have an incredibly high tolerance for edibles... anyway, it kicked it just a bit ago and I'm grilling, life is good for a Monday evening.

Offline Vmadera00

« Reply #1721 on: March 30, 2021, 07:54:43 AM »
So it looks like NY will let you grow your own plant with the new bill, and now NJ is trying to implement the same (it was not included in the original bill),

This is going to be interesting  :corn

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1722 on: March 30, 2021, 07:57:55 AM »
I absolutely hated how NJ didn't include growing. Its bad enough a plant is illegal but legalizing it but not allowing you to grow just seems odd. I mean, I get it, its about the tax money but still...

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1723 on: March 31, 2021, 10:00:35 PM »
Welp I guess we're getting it Recreationally here in New Mexico. Thanks to our Governor calling a Special Session just for this.

As the bill currently stands:

Recreational cannabis will be legal in 2022
There will be a maximum 20% tax on it
The state will regulate sellers
There will be no limits on the amount of license issued
People who have been convicted of possessing it for personal use will have their criminal record expunged
Eventually, there will be a cap on the number of plants sellers can grow.
https://www.koat.com/article/recreational-cannabis-bill-heads-to-governors-desk/35881004
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

"We can't rewrite history. We can learn our own history, and share it with other people. While, we learn, from them, their history." -Me,Myself,I

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1724 on: April 10, 2021, 12:18:44 PM »
Wheels look like they're finally starting to turn in CT. I'm guessing Q4 of 2022 at the earliest. I wish they'd hurry up, I just gave the neighboring state another $46 in taxes.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 03:22:31 PM by Chino »

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1725 on: April 10, 2021, 12:38:33 PM »
Those look nice and tasty, and I bet they smell good. The one your holding looks like "The stickiest of the ickiest"

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

"We can't rewrite history. We can learn our own history, and share it with other people. While, we learn, from them, their history." -Me,Myself,I

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1726 on: April 10, 2021, 03:01:34 PM »
I'm scared to ask how much you paid. A friend of mine showed me the menu at the medical marijuana dispensary in NJ he goes to, it's insane how much it costs and how less potent it is than what I can get at my dealer. 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1727 on: April 10, 2021, 03:22:39 PM »
$262 with tax. It's a half ounce. Potency is well beyond anything I can find underground. Of those four strains, the lowest is 19% thc.

I'm honestly fine with the price. I've been doing it this way for about a year now, and I have no desire to go back.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1728 on: April 10, 2021, 04:13:11 PM »
Last time I got flower from my dispensary, I think it was like $45 for 3.5 grams. Its always been quality what they have so no complaints from me.

At this point I'm all edibles though. I get a bottle of 20 Sativa capsules at 5mg each for $30 bucks. I'm very happy with them.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1729 on: April 10, 2021, 04:23:35 PM »
I'm able to get ounces of top notch for ~300-340, but usually settle for mid range stuff around 220-260 and then get a smaller amount of the top end to try out. Also 300mg edibles for 30 which are fantastic for someone like me with a high tolerance.

I'm fine buying legally from a store for the ability to test and try out stuff, but for bulk purchase, it kind of makes no sense just because the price difference isnt even close.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1730 on: April 10, 2021, 05:43:02 PM »
What are your guys go to munchies foods?

I go right for these "cookie cakes". Oh my god, they are divine, lol.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 06:33:40 AM by Phoenix87x »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1732 on: June 07, 2021, 07:48:44 AM »
Was at a festival over the weekend and there was a stand selling Delta 8 THC. I had heard of it but never tried.  I bought a 1G joint for $8.  Smoked it.  It tasted and smelled like marijuana, I think I got a light high off it.  It was kind of hard to tell cause this was also a beer festival and I was a bit toasty already, but I did think I got like a mild high.  Which the guy said is expected, like "THC light" he said.  Having said that, I'm not sure why I'd ever use this over THC.  I think it's a legal loophole but in a legal state, kind of makes no sense other than it could be sold where as THC cannot be sold, yet.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1733 on: June 07, 2021, 08:19:06 AM »
Was at a festival over the weekend and there was a stand selling Delta 8 THC. I had heard of it but never tried.  I bought a 1G joint for $8.  Smoked it.  It tasted and smelled like marijuana, I think I got a light high off it.  It was kind of hard to tell cause this was also a beer festival and I was a bit toasty already, but I did think I got like a mild high.  Which the guy said is expected, like "THC light" he said.  Having said that, I'm not sure why I'd ever use this over THC.  I think it's a legal loophole but in a legal state, kind of makes no sense other than it could be sold where as THC cannot be sold, yet.

Sounds like a loophole to bypass the THC content allowed to sell. But, also, as a way for people whom don't want to get extremely high to get high...It just sounds like a filtered cigarette to me... :rollin

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1734 on: June 07, 2021, 08:41:59 AM »
Texas has begun cracking down on Delta-8. The people who sell it, and I have no reason to doubt them, represent it as one of the medicinal compounds, and propose that there are plenty of people who smoke it for health reasons. It wouldn't surprise me if it did turn out to be a fine sleep aid without resorting to benzos.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1735 on: June 07, 2021, 09:03:15 AM »
Texas has begun cracking down on Delta-8. The people who sell it, and I have no reason to doubt them, represent it as one of the medicinal compounds, and propose that there are plenty of people who smoke it for health reasons. It wouldn't surprise me if it did turn out to be a fine sleep aid without resorting to benzos.

I'm pretty sure the guy I spoke to said it has none of the medical properties of THC or CBD.  Unless I misunderstood him.  Either way, I don't see any reason to care for it.  I'd rather THC and THC is legal here so this almost seems like its 10 years too late to the market.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #1736 on: June 07, 2021, 11:00:49 AM »
Hey.  Unrelated to the legalization effort, is there any slang related to "honey" in the weed world?   If someone sent someone else an emoji of a "honey pot", does that have accepted weed/drug connotations?

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1737 on: June 07, 2021, 11:33:24 AM »
Hey.  Unrelated to the legalization effort, is there any slang related to "honey" in the weed world?   If someone sent someone else an emoji of a "honey pot", does that have accepted weed/drug connotations?

Could be used to describe someone as "sweet" or when calling someone "honey". How was it used in the sentence?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1738 on: June 07, 2021, 12:07:19 PM »

Could be used to describe someone as "sweet" or when calling someone "honey". How was it used in the sentence?

It wasn't a sentence; someone (not one of my kids; I would just friggin' ask them) keeps Venmo'ing money - money they don't have - and the emoji is a "honey pot".  It's more complicated than that, but that's it in a nutshell.   I had heard that there's a pretty potent resin that's sometimes called "honey".

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1739 on: June 07, 2021, 12:11:56 PM »

It wasn't a sentence; someone (not one of my kids; I would just friggin' ask them) keeps Venmo'ing money - money they don't have - and the emoji is a "honey pot".  It's more complicated than that, but that's it in a nutshell.   I had heard that there's a pretty potent resin that's sometimes called "honey".

Someone's most likely buying "honey oil". It's super concentrated cannabis that's yellow and sticky in it's final form.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1740 on: June 07, 2021, 12:13:28 PM »
I'm yet to get into concentrates and honestly don't see the point in getting into them at all.  My tolerance is already really high for THC, I don't need it getting any higher.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1741 on: June 07, 2021, 01:07:05 PM »
Agree about the concentrates. I've been "too" high before on just normal stuff and god it blows  :lol

At this point, I've found exactly the dose and regimen that I like and its so good.  ;D

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
    • The ANABASIS - Music Making a Difference
« Reply #1742 on: June 07, 2021, 02:13:00 PM »

Someone's most likely buying "honey oil". It's super concentrated cannabis that's yellow and sticky in it's final form.

There are two ways to make that and it's generally referred to as "Shatter" - it's TCH concentrate.  Female pot plants secrete a sticky oily resin that contains all the TCH, the psychoactive compound that gets you high.  It can be extracted chemically, with butane.  This process results in something called Butane Honey Oil or BHO.  That material is then placed in a vacuum chamber to remove any remaining solvent, the resulting product is usually referred to as "shatter." Commercially the resin is extracted with CO2.  This is the desired process as it's chemical-free and results in a cleaner end product with less potential for solvent residue in the final product.  Also referred to as "shatter."   They call it shatter because if you drop it on the floor it shatters just like glass.   

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1743 on: June 07, 2021, 02:44:30 PM »
So.... I know this makes me sound like a noob, but do you smoke that? 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1744 on: June 07, 2021, 02:48:16 PM »

Affirmative.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1745 on: June 07, 2021, 02:57:41 PM »
Yes, but you don't burn it. That part is kind of important. Part of the appeal of concentrates is that you don't have to actually inhale smoke, specifically burning plant matter. You just have to heat it up enough to release the get-highs in a nice, tasty vapor.

A few people here have been talking about the potency of concentrates, and while I certainly see their point when people are purchasing shatter with 90% THC, concentrates come in all types and strengths, and they have their appeal outside of being super-potent. Vaping keef is awesome, and nothing particularly crazy with regards to potency. Same with smoking hash, which is the original concentrate. It's certainly more potent than bud, but nothing says you have to smoke more than what would get you the high you want.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #1746 on: June 07, 2021, 03:03:44 PM »
Yes, but you don't burn it. That part is kind of important. Part of the appeal of concentrates is that you don't have to actually inhale smoke, specifically burning plant matter. You just have to heat it up enough to release the get-highs in a nice, tasty vapor.

A few people here have been talking about the potency of concentrates, and while I certainly see their point when people are purchasing shatter with 90% THC, concentrates come in all types and strengths, and they have their appeal outside of being super-potent. Vaping keef is awesome, and nothing particularly crazy with regards to potency. Same with smoking hash, which is the original concentrate. It's certainly more potent than bud, but nothing says you have to smoke more than what would get you the high you want.

Yeah, you can take one hit of shatter and be in a good place, but there goes the experience of "smoking".  I mean, even someone like myself who uses a bubbler (not typically a J or blunt smoker at home) I do enjoy the process of taking hits.  The other obstacle for me to get into concentrates is I need new equipment and I need it to be sold at a legal marketplace which doesn't exist yet, here (my dealer might sell some, but he's never offered and I don't ever recall him using concentrates).  It's all things that just aren't worth it for me just to get super high super quick.  I also have my vape pen which kind of works for that quick high, but it's no where as close to enjoyable as smoking a bowl.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1747 on: June 07, 2021, 03:11:35 PM »

Yeah, you can take one hit of shatter and be in a good place, but there goes the experience of "smoking".  I mean, even someone like myself who uses a bubbler (not typically a J or blunt smoker at home) I do enjoy the process of taking hits.  The other obstacle for me to get into concentrates is I need new equipment and I need it to be sold at a legal marketplace which doesn't exist yet, here (my dealer might sell some, but he's never offered and I don't ever recall him using concentrates).  It's all things that just aren't worth it for me just to get super high super quick.  I also have my vape pen which kind of works for that quick high, but it's no where as close to enjoyable as smoking a bowl.
Makes perfect sense to me. Hell, I'm one of the few people that still enjoys standing around smoking a joint in social circles. In my experience concentrates have never been a regular thing. It's more of a special occasion sort of deal, and even then we're passing around a pipe with a big hunk of has in it.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1748 on: June 08, 2021, 08:53:54 AM »
Even as someone who isn't much of a smoker at all, I can apply that idea to drinking as well.  I can see how the experience is almost just as important.   I don't think I've ever once ever taken a "shot" while by myself.  That's not what I'm drinking for.  I do like to pour a glass of wine, though, and let it wash over me, whether as I'm cooking, or sitting on the deck.  I imagine it's similar with smoking. 

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1749 on: June 08, 2021, 09:13:32 AM »
There's definitely similarities with the social aspect of sharing a buzz.  Passing a bowl or a joint is the same as passing around a bottle, or sitting and having a few beers.  It seems that there are also similarities with the solo buzzing.  I totally get someone having a glass of wine or a beer while doing something, just as I'll get stoned by myself and watch TV or listen to tunes.  I think the "danger" comes when you go too far.  Someone having a glass by themselves is someone enjoying the good things in life; someone sitting and finishing a 12-pack by themselves is usually seen as kinda sad, and possibly an indicator that alcoholism is a factor.  I don't know if there's a similar stigma with cannibus.  Probably.  The stoner-loner who sits around totally baked all the time.