Author Topic: The Schrödinger supreme leader  (Read 269 times)

Online MirrorMask

The Schrödinger supreme leader
« on: April 26, 2020, 06:52:06 AM »
So... Kim Jong-un is dead. Or maybe not.  Dunno. He might be alive. He might be in a coma. He might be dead. Who knows? China? the US secret services? that's the fun with these wacky dictatorships!

In the globalized era of 24 hours running news, the Sistine Chapel during a conclave and North Korea are the only two places in the world where you don't really have a clue about what's going on. In an age of dumb conspiracy theories, I'd say the ones about the state of health of Kim Jong-un are basically harmless because they could be either news that are leaking, or complete fabrications, and I would not be surprised at all in either outcome. Official announcement that Kim Jong-un is dead.... not surprised. Kim Jong-un appears on video... not surprised either.

Ever stumbled from time to time, be it on YouTube on other sites, on articles or videos of people that has been there? the absurd and orwellian control that the government has on every aspect of society is unreal. It's utterly fascinating, and sometimes a bit depressing, to read about the way North Korea works.

I wonder if eventually the two Koreas will reunite, and the regime of the Kims will end.... maybe, nothing lasts forever, but the possibility of this happening in the next few decades seem unreal given how tight and sealed shut is North Korea from the rest of the world.

(I'd say we can make this the "North Korea" thread more generally, if ever there's the need for one)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline XeRocks81

Re: The Schrödinger supreme leader
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 07:34:25 AM »
this story has gotten some coverage but it’s really a sign of how messed up the world is righ now that it is almost flying under the radar.  Also yeah the regime being what it is there’s isn’t much to report on either but still, it’s pretty wild.

Offline emtee

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 07:50:17 AM »
Cool title!

I've always wondered what It's like to be a citizen there. The true reality.

His sister would apparently take control but she would probably vanish soon after.

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 07:53:43 AM »
isn’t the word that his sister is actually the more ruthless one? Not someone you want to mess with apparently but again it’s all rumours.

Offline emtee

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 08:01:22 AM »
I think so but those hard-line, male military types would probably abhor being subservient to a female. Again though, I have no clue what the reality is. Maybe she would send a message by way of offing a few generals.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 08:49:41 AM »
I've always wondered what It's like to be a citizen there. The true reality.

I'd wager that, within the reality of the situation and so the actual lifestyle, territory and landscape, it can go like any other 2nd or 3rd world nation: some are happy and content with their status, living off quietly and in simplicity, a selected few are "rich", and many others live in poverty either knowing it, or not even realizing it.

The self awareness is what I'm most interested in - in a police state where it's rumored that dissidents' families are being held in prison up until the third generation, in the public eye you have to either agree or.... agree. But I'm very curious how many are truly convinced that they live in the greatest nation on Earth that has been mercilessly attacked by those evil americans, or they realize that it's all a facade but are helpless about it and so they get along with the parades and the crying in front of the Kims statues.

Heck, see it this way: in the free and western world there are so many people convinced of the most utter and inane bullshit because their reality is made up but their social media feed, they could document themselves how much they want, and yet they chose to believe only blatantly stupid fake news and follow nut jobs on YouTube. In a world where people can freely chose to believe in a flat Earth, what it must be like to live in a secluded society where a flat Earth is taught as dogma and inforced as such with brutal repression?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 08:57:22 AM »
I think so but those hard-line, male military types would probably abhor being subservient to a female. Again though, I have no clue what the reality is. Maybe she would send a message by way of offing a few generals.

That was my first thought as well, that some of those older guys with the bazillion medals on their chests, in that hard line patriarch society, wouldn't roll with taking orders from a girl. But who knows, maybe Kim set it up so that she's untouchable, and maybe she is the harder one and will just whack anyone who gets in her way.

One thing for sure is that we're never going to get anything close to the truth about what is actually happening. If it wasn't for the massive population struggling and starving under extreme oppression, it'd make for excellent reality television.

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 01:22:15 PM »
Can I just say that this thread title wins my nomination for "Thread Title of the Year"?? 

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Another suggestion from my step son - "Schrodinger's Dictator"
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 04:10:58 PM »
Fun's over. He's alive. He's back in public again.

It was fun picturing the North Korean version of Weekend at Bernie's while it lasted!