Author Topic: Trump's Presidency thread. v 100 days and counting  (Read 153974 times)

Online Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd and Head of Urban Rangers
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Filthy animals do not belong in Rolf's shed!
Re: Trump's Presidency thread. v 100 days and counting
« Reply #5040 on: February 17, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »
Look, fair enough, but I'll just say this:

You put quotes around every capitalized word in that post and it reads like that classic SNL Farley bit.

:)
DOWN, LOWER, BELOW, AT THE BOTTOM, WHERE THE TRAIN OBSERVES YOU
RYM | Last.FM | Top 50 Albums

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #5041 on: February 18, 2020, 06:46:17 AM »
Look, fair enough, but I'll just say this:

You put quotes around every capitalized word in that post and it reads like that classic SNL Farley bit.

:)

That's awesome!   <Runs hand through hair.>

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
« Reply #5042 on: February 18, 2020, 08:46:09 AM »
 :lol
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5043 on: February 18, 2020, 05:05:25 PM »
I watch a lot of Jake Tapper and I've watched for longer than you have; you are grossly exaggerating when you talk about his mannerisms. He does not roll his eyes that much. He doesn't 'grimace' and 'smirk' like he's Ben Shapiro hearing something he doesn't like. You make it sound like he's snarky to every guest who disagrees with him and that is simply NOT true. He's one of CNN's better anchors. I like you Stads but you hyperbolize Jake Tapper's behavior so much. Not only that, but you do so in an effort to completely discredit his reporting, which is something you rarely talk about compared to his mannerisms. The guy's won many awards for his reporting and work and you aren't very fair to him at all - largely because of your inherent bias against him, he reports for CNN and reports things you don't agree with, therefore he's bad.

Tapper said something nice about Mahomes too.

:rollin
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Kattelox

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5044 on: February 18, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »
I don't get it. Is that a sports joke? It's literally a running joke with my best friends to see if I can name half a dozen or more NFL players. That sounds like a sports joke to me. That sounds like a name you only hear if we're discussing people in jockstraps

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #5045 on: February 18, 2020, 05:12:01 PM »
I don't get it. Is that a sports joke? It's literally a running joke with my best friends to see if I can name half a dozen or more NFL players. That sounds like a sports joke to me. That sounds like a name you only hear if we're discussing people in jockstraps

It's a Stadler joke.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Online Kattelox

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5046 on: February 18, 2020, 05:13:51 PM »
Oh, yeah. Dad-ler jokes. :) :)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #5048 on: February 19, 2020, 01:22:49 PM »
I watch a lot of Jake Tapper and I've watched for longer than you have; you are grossly exaggerating when you talk about his mannerisms. He does not roll his eyes that much. He doesn't 'grimace' and 'smirk' like he's Ben Shapiro hearing something he doesn't like. You make it sound like he's snarky to every guest who disagrees with him and that is simply NOT true. He's one of CNN's better anchors. I like you Stads but you hyperbolize Jake Tapper's behavior so much. Not only that, but you do so in an effort to completely discredit his reporting, which is something you rarely talk about compared to his mannerisms. The guy's won many awards for his reporting and work and you aren't very fair to him at all - largely because of your inherent bias against him, he reports for CNN and reports things you don't agree with, therefore he's bad.

Well, we can agree to disagree, because for me ANY reaction is too much from a journalist who is presenting cold hard facts without commentary.  Chris Wallace can do it.   Walter Cronkite did it for decades, as did David Brinkley.   And as for the guests, well, you can count the number of guests that do disagree on one penis.  It's a cavalcade of insider baseball.   

The only thing missing from this paragraph is "back in my day...".  Oh, "AND WE LIKED IT!"
if I want ice cream or a chocolate or a cake, I fucking have it
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5049 on: February 20, 2020, 08:49:19 AM »

It's a Stadler joke.

Not it's not. It's just a joke. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5050 on: February 20, 2020, 08:56:37 AM »

Well, we can agree to disagree, because for me ANY reaction is too much from a journalist who is presenting cold hard facts without commentary.  Chris Wallace can do it.   Walter Cronkite did it for decades, as did David Brinkley.   And as for the guests, well, you can count the number of guests that do disagree on one penis.  It's a cavalcade of insider baseball.   

The only thing missing from this paragraph is "back in my day...".  Oh, "AND WE LIKED IT!"

Maybe, but it's not like I'm lamenting the passing of the steam locomotive.  To this very day, when Trump cries "Fake News", we're susceptible to a lecture by critics, pundits and members of said press on the sanctity and importance of the "Fourth Estate" and their historic role in democracy.   It either is or it isn't, and morphing from fact-driven delivery of information to opinionated bloviating is a material difference in that context.

But, we did like it.  ;)  :)