3.  Elizabeth Faulkner
4.  Amanda Freitag
5.  Eric Greenspan
6.  Alex Guarneschelli
7.  Tim Love
8.  Jehangir Mehta
9.  Spike Mendelsohn
10.  Marcel Vigneron

Any early predictions or favorites?  I really wanted Alex to win last season, so I'm rooting heavily for her.  She got off to a great start by winning this week.  Appleman and Faulkner are going to be absolutely fierce competition, since Faulkner came within a hair of winning last season and Appleman comes in as the Chopped Allstars grand champion.  Both of them looked really solid this week.  Greenspan, Mehta, and Freitag look to be close behind.  Freitage is my second favorite, but I think she's the weakest of the top 6.

As for the bottom remaining three, there appears to be a clear separation between the top 6 and the bottom 3.  Not even sure why Estes is back on the show.  She did so poorly last time she was on, and appears to be off to a similar start.  I assume you really have to be a master chef to even be in the running, but she honestly doesn't even seem like she is a very good cook.  And I don't think it is just the time pressure of the challenges that is making her fall short, because she appears to genuinely believe her dishes are good, even though she makes a lot of dumb technical errors and the judges never seem to even like her food at all.  It's a mystery to me why she's even back.  Oh well.  I think the next few weeks are just going to be a process of systematically eliminating these bottom three before things really heat up and become a race.  Such an interesting season!  Can't wait to see how it shakes out.

TAC:
I thought Faulkner had it won last year. This is hers to lose!

bosk1:
Yeah, she's scary talented. But I just don't really enjoy watching her.  I hope she doesn't win it.

Sir GuitarCozmo:
Count me in for Guarnaschelli/Freitag.  I was stoked to see Geoffrey Zakarian win it last year.  Appleman and Faulkner are scary also.  Also, good for the others that Marcus Samuelsson isn't back this year.

bosk1:
As good as Samuelson is, he seems like he struggles in these kinds of competitions.  I'm kind of bummed Irvine didn't come back.  I really enjoy watching him.  But I guess he's tired of not winning competition shows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version