Author Topic: Political Humor  (Read 126861 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Political Humor
« Reply #2520 on: May 21, 2020, 05:30:15 PM »
That's Putin up his ass.

Yeah, but Putin what up his ass?
Looking at my most recent posts, it almost seems like I'm trying to become the Common Sense of DTF :lol
You'd have an easier time trying to bring the internet to the Amish.
Turns out chlamydia tastes pretty good.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2521 on: May 21, 2020, 05:33:39 PM »
That's Putin up his ass.

Yeah, but Putin what up his ass?

Anyone else reading "Putin up his ass" like the monster (Peter Boyle) in Young Frankenstein singing "Puttin on the ritz"??   :D
Since when is a military occupation considered small government?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2522 on: May 21, 2020, 06:29:59 PM »
Not sure why lifts would make him stand like that, but really the whole picture looks strange. His trousers look really poorly tailored, and his torso seems disproportionately large compared to his legs and head. A bullet proof vest would make sense, but I can't imagine he'd actually wear one. He's a creature of comfort and unless he started wearing one long ago I don't think he'd start just because he became president. I haven't paid much attention, but it's possible he's just awkward when standing in front of cameras without a desk or podium in front of him. He's particularly conscious of his appearance and he might just be uncomfortable exposed like that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Head Judge of the Peanut Gallery
« Reply #2523 on: May 21, 2020, 06:33:29 PM »
Wears a bullet proof vest.

Wear a mask?? Hell no!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2524 on: May 21, 2020, 06:47:25 PM »
I'd honestly never noticed it before, but it turns out a lot of people have written about it. Seems he's nowhere near his stated height of 6'3", and he's self conscious about it, so lifts are fairly likely. It's also possible that he's trying to obscure the fact that he's a fat-ass. Trying to stand straight while your shoes tilted you forward would stick your gut way the hell on out there, which he'd never do. I had considered that maybe it was his version of the LBJ treatment, but he doesn't seem to do it to people. Just microphones.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Head Judge of the Peanut Gallery
« Reply #2525 on: May 21, 2020, 07:42:54 PM »
I'm sorry. What are lifts?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2526 on: May 21, 2020, 10:11:33 PM »
I'm sorry. What are lifts?
Shoe inserts to make a short person look taller. Trump is definitely not short, but he apparently has a need to be taller than average. He touts himself as 6'3, but he's probably about 6'0.
E.F. Benson

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2527 on: May 22, 2020, 08:55:58 AM »
I'd honestly never noticed it before, but it turns out a lot of people have written about it.

You are right and I didn't even realize that.  I mean, I've heard people make fun of all sorts of things regarding his appearance but I didn't know his 'stance' was a thing others had noticed too.  I did the thing you aren't supposed to do (Google) and was very surprised.  I even ran across this photo: 

Apparently a *neurologist from the 1800s lectured about a condition called frontotemporal dementia and he described physical and mental characteristics that went along with this disease.  Now I'm not saying Trump has that - even though some of the traits are:

Poor judgment
Loss of empathy
Socially inappropriate behavior
Lack of inhibition
Repetitive compulsive behavior
Inability to concentrate or plan
Frequent, abrupt mood changes
Speech difficulties
Problems with balance or movement
Memory loss

But that drawing sure seems to be spot on!   :P

*Jean-Martin Charcot

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
« Reply #2528 on: May 22, 2020, 09:02:09 AM »
 :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #2529 on: May 22, 2020, 09:21:47 AM »
I'd honestly never noticed it before, but it turns out a lot of people have written about it. Seems he's nowhere near his stated height of 6'3", and he's self conscious about it, so lifts are fairly likely. It's also possible that he's trying to obscure the fact that he's a fat-ass. Trying to stand straight while your shoes tilted you forward would stick your gut way the hell on out there, which he'd never do. I had considered that maybe it was his version of the LBJ treatment, but he doesn't seem to do it to people. Just microphones.

Actually this all reminds me of Kim Jung Un, I feel like I've seen him stand like this as well and we know he uses the lifts and is conscious about his big belly.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2530 on: May 22, 2020, 09:36:16 AM »

Actually this all reminds me of Kim Jung Un, I feel like I've seen him stand like this as well and we know he uses the lifts and is conscious about his big belly.
Apparently wearing lifted shoes is common amongst politicians. Even Putin, who seems 8 feet tall despite being noticeably short. Presumably people are just more inclined to listen to tall people. Kind of reminds me of the Simpsons when Homer grew a magnificent head of hair and shot up through the corporation, only to have it fall out (again) and wind up back in his old job, despite excelling in his new role. "Why should we take his ideas seriously. He doesn't even have hair."
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2531 on: May 22, 2020, 09:40:33 AM »
I'd honestly never noticed it before, but it turns out a lot of people have written about it.

You are right and I didn't even realize that.  I mean, I've heard people make fun of all sorts of things regarding his appearance but I didn't know his 'stance' was a thing others had noticed too.  I did the thing you aren't supposed to do (Google) and was very surprised.  I even ran across this photo: 

Apparently a *neurologist from the 1800s lectured about a condition called frontotemporal dementia and he described physical and mental characteristics that went along with this disease.  Now I'm not saying Trump has that - even though some of the traits are:

Poor judgment
Loss of empathy
Socially inappropriate behavior
Lack of inhibition
Repetitive compulsive behavior
Inability to concentrate or plan
Frequent, abrupt mood changes
Speech difficulties
Problems with balance or movement
Memory loss

But that drawing sure seems to be spot on!   :P

*Jean-Martin Charcot
Demonstrating that symptoms vary widely. Frontotemporal Lobe Dementia was my grandmother's particular malady, and she manifested very few of those. Speech difficulties is an understatement. Socially inappropriate behavior/lack of inhibition is common enough (and a bad thing if you look like my grandmother). The rest of them weren't really a problem. And she stood pretty upright, as I recall.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2532 on: May 22, 2020, 10:35:55 PM »

Apparently wearing lifted shoes is common amongst politicians. Even Putin, who seems 8 feet tall despite being noticeably short. Presumably people are just more inclined to listen to tall people. Kind of reminds me of the Simpsons when Homer grew a magnificent head of hair and shot up through the corporation, only to have it fall out (again) and wind up back in his old job, despite excelling in his new role. "Why should we take his ideas seriously. He doesn't even have hair."

DIMOXINIL!!!
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

"We can't rewrite history. We can learn our own history, and share it with other people. While, we learn, from them, their history." -Me,Myself,I

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2533 on: May 27, 2020, 04:44:50 PM »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Inglourious Basstard
« Reply #2534 on: May 27, 2020, 05:55:00 PM »
 :biggrin:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2535 on: May 27, 2020, 06:42:10 PM »
Donít be mean to the Karens
Looking at my most recent posts, it almost seems like I'm trying to become the Common Sense of DTF :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • First Follower
« Reply #2536 on: May 27, 2020, 07:39:38 PM »
Glorious, stealing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #2537 on: May 28, 2020, 11:26:22 AM »
 :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2538 on: May 28, 2020, 11:28:09 AM »
I saw this one the other day as well  :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • First Follower
« Reply #2539 on: May 29, 2020, 07:54:40 PM »
I had no idea where to put this, but had to share...

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2540 on: May 30, 2020, 06:11:51 AM »
I had no idea where to put this, but had to share...

People are now quoting "The Other America" Speech from him. Ignoring what he said before the part about Riots
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

"We can't rewrite history. We can learn our own history, and share it with other people. While, we learn, from them, their history." -Me,Myself,I

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2541 on: June 01, 2020, 09:40:25 AM »

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #2542 on: June 02, 2020, 09:53:42 AM »
I got a good laugh from this.   Excerpt from Trump's remarks but it's Emperor Palpatine

https://twitter.com/THEAndyHarris/status/1267624347088244737

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2543 on: June 02, 2020, 10:39:13 AM »
It might be funny(ier) if it wasn't so fucking alarming.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2544 on: June 06, 2020, 11:55:55 AM »
Trump being interviewed by Kilmeade (Fox).
Just read this.  This is our POTUS.  And great followups by the media. Dear God.

Kilmeade: How do you handle the law enforcement part?

Trump: Well, I think you have to get better.

Kilmeade: How do you handle the law enforcement part of this?

Trump: They have to get better than what theyíve been doing. I mean obviously that was a terrible thing. And Iíve spoken about it numerous times in various speeches. And whatís interesting is I spoke about it when we launched a very successful rocket ó a tremendous program that culminated on that day and obviously it goes on from there.

But I then made a speech and it was a speech about the rocket, and I devoted 25 percent of the speech probably to what happened ó or more ó to what happened with respect to George ó George Floyd, and it was ó and then you listen to this, he doesnít talk about George Floyd. The rocket went off, I then I made a speech, and I talked about George Floyd, but they said he didnít talk about George Floyd.

Half ó maybe even almost half of the speech, but a large portion of the speech was devoted exactly to that. And so, you know, with ó with the media you basically ó and basically no matter what you do, itís never going to be good enough. But the people understand it.

Kilmeade: Right.

Trump: And thatís one of the beauties of social media. I mean, I would love not to even bother with social media, but Iím able to get my word out beautifully by social media, fortunately. You use social media too.

Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2545 on: June 06, 2020, 12:33:50 PM »
Just read this.  This is our POTUS.  And great followups by the media. Dear God.

Trump: They have to get better than what theyíve been doing. I mean obviously that was a terrible thing. And Iíve spoken about it numerous times in various speeches. And whatís interesting is I spoke about it when we launched a very successful rocket ó a tremendous program that culminated on that day and obviously it goes on from there.

But I then made a speech and it was a speech about the rocket, and I devoted 25 percent of the speech probably to what happened ó or more ó to what happened with respect to George ó George Floyd, and it was ó and then you listen to this, he doesnít talk about George Floyd. The rocket went off, I then I made a speech, and I talked about George Floyd, but they said he didnít talk about George Floyd.

Half ó maybe even almost half of the speech, but a large portion of the speech was devoted exactly to that. And so, you know, with ó with the media you basically ó and basically no matter what you do, itís never going to be good enough. But the people understand it.

Trump: And thatís one of the beauties of social media. I mean, I would love not to even bother with social media, but Iím able to get my word out beautifully by social media, fortunately. You use social media too.

Where is the humor in this? 

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
    • Overhaul
« Reply #2546 on: June 06, 2020, 12:42:47 PM »
If that's actually a transcript of what he said - and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was - that's pathetic.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2547 on: June 06, 2020, 12:43:40 PM »
Agreed.  And it's not funny at all, which is why I was puzzled as to why it was posted in the "political humor" thread.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2548 on: June 06, 2020, 12:44:21 PM »
Crap.  You're right.  this isn't funny anymore.  i thought when read by a normal person it is funny.  I guess it might have been at one time.  Sow its sad.  My apologies.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2549 on: June 06, 2020, 03:06:32 PM »

Where is the humor in this?
While I don't think it was the overall point, John Oliver actually demonstrated the humor in reading Trump's gibberish without his mannerisms and sing-song delivery. Personally, I see equal parts of humor and pathos when seeing how totally nonsensical he actually is.

https://youtu.be/1ZAPwfrtAFY?t=185
E.F. Benson

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
    • Overhaul
« Reply #2550 on: June 06, 2020, 03:35:24 PM »
While I don't think it was the overall point, John Oliver actually demonstrated the humor in reading Trump's gibberish without his mannerisms and sing-song delivery. Personally, I see equal parts of humor and pathos when seeing how totally nonsensical he actually is.

https://youtu.be/1ZAPwfrtAFY?t=185

:lol Thanks, that was funny
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #2551 on: June 06, 2020, 05:41:37 PM »
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2552 on: June 07, 2020, 02:44:22 PM »
Not inaccurate.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • First Follower
« Reply #2553 on: June 07, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2554 on: June 07, 2020, 06:19:11 PM »