Author Topic: Political Humor  (Read 96092 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Political Humor
« Reply #385 on: November 06, 2015, 11:01:26 AM »
:clap:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Calvin6s

« Reply #386 on: November 06, 2015, 11:37:24 AM »
I like that Carson seems to have a slight squint going on like the "I'm coming up with a thought right now" look.

These types of statements will keep him near the top of the pack (which only takes about 10%, but never gets anywhere near 50%).  He's playing to his base.

Offline Prog Snob

• In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #387 on: November 06, 2015, 11:58:40 AM »

This guy is extremely disturbing.

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #388 on: November 07, 2015, 06:54:36 AM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #389 on: November 20, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #390 on: November 20, 2015, 12:12:23 PM »
Not sure I understand the point of that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #391 on: November 20, 2015, 12:19:49 PM »
Are you on Facebook?

People on Facebook make a difference in the world without having to do a thing. Through memes and links, and changing there profiles with the colors of France they make important contributions to the world. Its the 21st century way...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 12:27:06 PM by Tick »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #392 on: November 20, 2015, 12:41:27 PM »
Are you on Facebook?

People on Facebook make a difference in the world without having to do a thing. Through memes and links, and changing there profiles with the colors of France they make important contributions to the world. Its the 21st century way...
But what's wrong with the guesture?  Because the only reason you would post something like that is if you think something is wrong with people showing their sentiment for the people in France.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #393 on: November 20, 2015, 12:51:30 PM »
Are you on Facebook?

But what's wrong with the gesture?  Because the only reason you would post something like that is if you think something is wrong with people showing their sentiment for the people in France.
Nothing per say. But of coarse you have me all figured out, Hef.  Its just that people think there part of doing there part to better the ills of the world is to post pictures of stuff but do nothing outside of that. Its self righteous empty bullshit that accomplishes nothing yet they act all holier than thou. This whole refugee issue in particular is nauseating no matter which side you stand.

Here is the perfect example of my point...

Its all social media posturing crap! Hardly anyone is really doing a single thing to make any difference about anything in this world. They just post pictures and news links. Its all empty worthless nothing, that accomplishes, NOTHING! Think about it? And that's basically the extent of it. The people saying they are all for refugees coming into the country aren't going to do anymore for them than the people they criticize saying they don't do anything to help the homeless. Its all utter bullshit. I HAVE donated my time to help the homeless so fuck off Willy Wonka! Take that spare bedroom over the garage and move in a family of 5 Syrians. Talk is cheap, make a difference. Put your money where your mouth is or just zip it already.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:11:12 PM by Tick »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #394 on: November 20, 2015, 12:53:17 PM »
Are you on Facebook?

And thus the end of Western Civilization...  sorry, I might be showing my age now, but that seems like a hollow gesture to me. 

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #395 on: November 20, 2015, 12:59:53 PM »
Are you on Facebook?

And thus the end of Western Civilization...  sorry, I might be showing my age now, but that seems like a hollow gesture to me.
As I said, its feeling like you are making a difference without having to actually do a fucking thing.
Go out and feed the homeless. Read to an elderly person to brighten there day. Nah...just sit on Facebook and point out all the injustice in the world through clever memes. That's the ticket....

Calvin6s

« Reply #396 on: November 20, 2015, 02:49:37 PM »
Haha.  Funny because it's Ralph.  Let's humorlessly debate humor.

If political humor posts (usually pics) here piss you off, then post your counter-political humor pic or meme.  Seems more in line with thread.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #397 on: November 20, 2015, 02:54:43 PM »
I never understood why people get so angry when people do little nice things just because they didn't do a nicer thing.

Calvin6s

« Reply #398 on: November 20, 2015, 03:29:10 PM »
I never understood why people get so angry when people do little nice things just because they didn't do a nicer thing.

That's not the joke.

Wife:  Dear.  We got a homeless shelter donation form in the mail.
Husband:  Maybe (perpetually) next year. 
Wife:  Dear.  We got a Syrian refugee donation form in the mail.
Husband:  People should be donating to our homeless

Heck.  Even if a joke is majorly flawed (they almost always are), it's a joke.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #399 on: November 20, 2015, 03:34:24 PM »
My post was more in response to tick, though not his humor post; I actually laughed at that. It doesn't make me pissed or anything.

Calvin6s

« Reply #400 on: November 20, 2015, 03:49:46 PM »
Well, I get what both you and Tick are saying.  I don't think Tick would have even gone into it had people just taken his pic post as *political humor*.

The best response would be to come up with a humorous way (which generally means exaggerated) to counter his humor.

In general, I think he's talking about getting lectured by people that aren't doing anything but ... lecturing.

This entire South Park season is somewhat addressing this right now.  It is hit and miss (as most humor is), but it both makes you laugh at the ridiculous while also considering the validity of the larger (smaller ... less exaggerated?) themes.

And just about anything in life can be flipped around.  Complaining about not doing something about the Syrian refugees is essentially complaining about doing nothing.

Speaking of doing nothing, I'd offer more pic related humor if I was more proficient at photoshop, etc, so if somebody else didn't already make my political humor cartoon for me, you won't see it from me.

Why we complaining about bad political humor cartoons when Calvin is too lazy to make his own !!!!

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #401 on: November 20, 2015, 05:46:21 PM »
It's nice someone actually gets a point I'm making. People think that by pointing shit out in pictures they are actually doing something constructive. Yeah, not so much.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #402 on: November 23, 2015, 01:17:05 PM »
I don't think anyone thinks anything constructive was being done by the French flag overlays on facebook profile pictures.  Frankly, there wasn't much constructive that could BE done when this option became available.  This started as an option, to show support for the French, within 24 hours of the attacks.  It's the equivalent of people having the yellow ribbon decals on their cars to show support for the troops, or whatever.  Not hurting anything.

I guess some people aren't happy unless they are miserable.  But whatever.

I didn't mean to steer anything away from anything, I was just confused as to why that particular thing was worthy of ridicule.  But I think I got my answer.  Thanks, Tick.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #403 on: November 23, 2015, 01:31:29 PM »
I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. As an American, it made me very happy to see that the rest of the world shared our pain after 9/11. Even if it was just some arbitrary symbol, it was better than thinking the rest of the world didn't give a shit. How is posting the French Flag as part of your profile picture any different than offering a random person on the internet your condolences when you hear someone in their family died? We've had have many threads on this board (Tick, you had one) that deal with the death of family members. Nobody on this board other than the OP is effected by it, and no one can do anything to make the situation any less bleak, so they do what they can. You'd never respond by saying "Don't wish condolences to my deceased, go help living people instead". No, you take in the kind words people are saying in an effort to remind yourself that the world isn't always as dark as it might seem.

You can rail against these people on Facebook all you want (for the record, I didn't Franceify my profile pic), but I'd rather see an outpouring of love by those people than the sacks of shit posting stuff like;

The above macho guy was actually from a photo taken in Australia in 2013.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 01:41:18 PM by Chino »

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
    • my music
« Reply #404 on: December 15, 2015, 05:40:56 PM »
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline wideworldofmike

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2015, 06:45:01 PM »
1st post in P/R - My friend created this one, its been getting a lot of play on youtube, about 2 million hits + in a little over a week. Its Darth Vader clips with Trump sound bites. It just works really well for some reason.

Darth Trump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_Jdts5rL0

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #406 on: December 16, 2015, 07:56:38 AM »
HAHAHA, the part at 1:20, when Trump says "I just released my financials, and people are amazed at how good they are" and Darth turns to the guy next to him and Trump says "they're GREAT!" is perfectly timed!  Perfect! 

Offline wideworldofmike

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2015, 01:38:07 PM »
HAHAHA, the part at 1:20, when Trump says "I just released my financials, and people are amazed at how good they are" and Darth turns to the guy next to him and Trump says "they're GREAT!" is perfectly timed!  Perfect!
i know, right?! so full of nuggets. The CGI ads that say "make the galaxy great again" kill me

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #408 on: January 26, 2016, 07:16:21 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #409 on: January 28, 2016, 07:27:14 AM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: January 28, 2016, 07:38:53 AM »
Did you ever notice that for real?  Clinton is on that list as well.   I guess they are President at an age where the natural transition occurs in most men from youth, but still.   I feel like there is something to that notion that stress has a huge impact on our bodies. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #411 on: January 28, 2016, 07:40:11 AM »
Most definitely. The amount of people in my office with grey hair before the age of forty is crazy.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #412 on: January 28, 2016, 07:43:45 AM »
The history goes back further than the picture of Presidents aging considerably.  It's crazy how the stress of that job shows in your body.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #413 on: January 28, 2016, 08:11:52 AM »
I don't think those are actual photos of Bush/Obama at the beginning of their Presidency, but I did see something a number of years ago about how 8 years in the Oval Office does age people a lot faster than 8 years should.

Time, Feb/2000:

Time, Nov/2008

I think Jingle is right as rain
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #414 on: January 28, 2016, 08:16:18 AM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #415 on: January 28, 2016, 08:48:12 AM »
There's no mistaking the election of the President for the election of Miss America, that's for sure. :)

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #416 on: January 28, 2016, 11:50:57 AM »
I've always believed it was the stress of the job and the lack of sleep I assume they don't get.

... is that a double negative? My grammar is not functioning today...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #417 on: January 28, 2016, 02:05:46 PM »
I've always believed it was the stress of the job and the lack of sleep I assume they don't get.

I'm not really sure if I don't know or not.
I think Jingle is right as rain
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #418 on: January 28, 2016, 02:22:19 PM »

I'm not really sure if I don't know or not.

I don't know nothin

Offline Prog Snob

• In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #419 on: January 29, 2016, 01:08:49 AM »
Speaking of double negatives, I always found it ironic that in Another Brick In The Wall, Pink Floyd uses the line, "We don't need no education."