Author Topic: Political Humor  (Read 105431 times)

Offline Harmony

Re: Political Humor
« Reply #2135 on: July 02, 2019, 08:17:54 AM »
The Spirit of 2019

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #2136 on: July 02, 2019, 09:55:32 AM »
Had to Google Chris Noth, never watched anything he's been in apparently. That is great, good catch everyone!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
« Reply #2137 on: July 02, 2019, 05:31:45 PM »
Berkeley Breathed of Bloom County is getting in on the action...this meme is getting better and better...

Other good ones...

Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #2138 on: July 03, 2019, 07:58:22 AM »
Haha, the last two are funny.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2139 on: July 03, 2019, 01:48:13 PM »
Another one for the collection:

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • First Follower
« Reply #2140 on: July 05, 2019, 03:15:10 PM »
And not to be outdone by his daughter...we got #revolutionarywarairports trending on twitter. Beyond hilarious and tragically sad all at once...

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RevolutionaryWarAirports&src=typeahead_click

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2141 on: July 25, 2019, 08:42:48 AM »

Fucking brilliant. I know Stadler's going to hate this, but this is exactly the sort of irreverence I can get behind. (And since you can't see it well in this picture, the scroll says "45 is a puppet" in Spanish.) Proof that there are still some clever bastards in this country.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2142 on: July 25, 2019, 09:24:14 AM »
I love that the eagle is clutching golf clubs.   :rollin

Offline Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd and Head of Urban Rangers
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Filthy animals do not belong in Rolf's shed!
« Reply #2143 on: July 25, 2019, 09:25:56 AM »
That is funny. Inb4 complaints about the left etc.
RYM | Last.FM || Top 20 Films | Top 50 Albums
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2144 on: July 25, 2019, 09:48:09 AM »
I love that the eagle is clutching golf clubs.   :rollin

They also gave the eagle two heads like the Russian coat of arms  :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2145 on: July 25, 2019, 09:51:40 AM »
I like that the organizers are calling it an A/V malfunction. Like a computer error generated this in some bizarre quirk, as opposed to being the work of one really clever prankster.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2146 on: July 25, 2019, 10:31:41 AM »
So that's real, not photoshop?  Then some of you don't know me very well, because that I can get behind.   That takes some balls and know-how.   I can respect that. 

If that was some dork in their bedroom photoshopping?  Then... "hate", "complaint", "left", etc.   :) :) 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #2147 on: July 25, 2019, 11:18:11 AM »
Probably hacked by some 400lb guy in his basement in New Jersey.   :biggrin:
if I want ice cream or a chocolate or a cake, I fucking have it
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #2148 on: July 25, 2019, 01:28:47 PM »
I like that the organizers are calling it an A/V malfunction. Like a computer error generated this in some bizarre quirk, as opposed to being the work of one really clever prankster.

That may be funnier than the prank.   :lol  This is actually a really ballsy prank, I like it.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2149 on: July 25, 2019, 01:41:30 PM »
It's somebody that decided that the possible lulz were worth more to him than a menial job as an A/V technician at a hotel somewhere.

And he was right.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2150 on: July 25, 2019, 01:48:12 PM »
It's somebody that decided that the possible lulz were worth more to him than a menial job as an A/V technician at a hotel somewhere.

And he was right.

I think we all know he'll always have a job somewhere.   It might come with an admonition "not to pull that shit here!" but they'll have a job.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2151 on: July 25, 2019, 07:08:27 PM »

According to the event organizer they were scrambling to find a hi-res version of the seal to put up there and grabbed this one from a google image search. Sounds believable.  :lol

Original designer is going to make a small bundle out of this. He's sold a helluva lot of merch today. 
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • First Follower
« Reply #2152 on: July 25, 2019, 09:45:49 PM »
I like how the banner says "45 Is A Puppet" in Spanish. The whole thing is all shades of brilliant  :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2153 on: July 25, 2019, 09:55:27 PM »
Also instead of stars on the shield, they’re hammers and sickles.

No way that was one of the first google image results for presidential seal.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2154 on: July 26, 2019, 05:04:40 AM »

If the person searching has a lot of Presidential satire or something of the like in their history, sure it was.  Blame Google all the way.
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2155 on: July 26, 2019, 05:59:54 AM »
Also instead of stars on the shield, they’re hammers and sickles.

Yeah. That story is really hard to believe.

Here's the guy who made the image originally:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/25/meet-man-who-created-fake-presidential-seal-former-republican-fed-up-with-trump/?noredirect=on&utm_source=reddit.com&utm_term=.53337ef62007

The seal wasn’t meant for a wide audience. But then, years later, it wound up stretched across a jumbo-tron screen behind an unwitting President Trump as he spoke to a conference packed with hundreds of his young supporters.

That was Tuesday. On Wednesday, The Post was the first to report that the seal was fake — and that neither the White House, nor Turning Point USA, the organizers of the star-studded Teen Student Action Summit, knew how it got there or where it came from. Leazott woke up Thursday and saw the news in a Reddit post as he drank his morning coffee. Then, a torrent of messages.

“It’s been chaos,” he said. “This is not what I expected when I woke up today.”

By Thursday morning, the Turning Point spokesman said, the group had identified the staffer responsible for turning Leazott’s design into a trending topic. He called the incident a last-minute oversight, the result of a quick online search to find a second high-resolution photo of the presidential seal to place behind Trump. He said the mistake was “unacceptable.”

“We did let the individual go,” the spokesman said. “I don’t think it was malicious intent but nevertheless.”

Leazott doesn’t buy it. He thinks whoever was responsible had to know exactly what they were looking for. He believes the person dug up the image he created and used it intentionally.

“That’s a load of crap,” he said in response to Turning Point’s explanation. “You have to look for this. There’s no way this was an accident is all I’m saying.”

After The Post story published, Internet sleuths went looking, too. They found the image’s origin, tracing it back to an online marketplace Leazott set up to sell shirts and stickers sporting the seal, along with other jokey “resistance” apparel. And the citizens of the Web wanted to buy his stuff.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2156 on: July 26, 2019, 09:29:30 AM »
I've worked for two rather large, international companies, as well as a third, smaller, mostly North American company, and ALL THREE had a image/logo/marketing repository.   I never once had to go to "the internet" for imagery.   More importantly, I COULDN'T.   I don't know if they are still there, but back when I was with GE and they still owned NBC, the offices down in 30 Rock had posters - I don't mean "one or two", I mean several per floor, depending on the layout - that had the "running rules" for the NBC Peacock.  You could not change the colors. You could not change the outline.  You could not change the borders.   There were easily 20 different "could not's", most with an example of what was acceptable.    If I needed a peacock for anything, there was a intranet site where I could go to get any logo, sound, or marketing video (GEEK ALERT:  my email tone was the three chimes for a while.).

I do not believe for even one second that "we went to Google to find a hi-res image".    I'm calling flat out BS on that. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • First Follower
« Reply #2157 on: July 26, 2019, 09:36:07 AM »
Totally agreed... Someone fucked up, let their guard down to where someone else could play some shenanigans, and they didn't catch it. Now homey is trying to cover their own asses with a paper mache excuse.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2158 on: July 26, 2019, 09:36:40 AM »
Same with my company. If I put any one of our logos on any documentation, regardless how formal or informal the documentation is, our process and procedures require me to source them from an internal, company managed location.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2159 on: July 26, 2019, 10:13:25 AM »
It's very plausible. It didn't happen, mind you, they're just making an excuse, but it's very definitely possible. At my company we prefer to go to a stock-photo repository to keep things on the up and up, but we've googled plenty of images for use. Often times for the reasons he gave--we wanted something higher resolution. Google's good for that. You guys are correct about how uptight companies can be with their logos and graphical representation, but we're talking about somebody else pilfering that imagery, rather than it being supplied by Di$ney. Moreover, the companies that are so concerned about it usually make that information available, as Stadler described, so that somebody like me can recreate it accurately. In this case we're probably just looking at some kid who works for the convention center or hotel where this event was being hosted. Or dumber still, a government intern. Probably being told to hurry up and find something by a higher up with no idea how the whole thing works. I can definitely relate. 
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #2160 on: July 26, 2019, 10:24:42 AM »
Yea, I'm with EB, it's plausible but I don't believe it.  I could see it happen, big companies with all their policies have been known to scramble and screw something up big time before, it happens.  I don't buy it, but I could see it happening if it weren't this specific example.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2161 on: July 26, 2019, 10:36:49 AM »
I don't think company policies about where to get pics is really the issue here. Even if they were perfectly allowed to search google, I assumed they just googled "Presidential seal" or "Hi res presidential seal." No way THAT pic shows up immediately on that search.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2162 on: July 26, 2019, 10:38:35 AM »
Yea, I'm with EB, it's plausible but I don't believe it.  I could see it happen, big companies with all their policies have been known to scramble and screw something up big time before, it happens.  I don't buy it, but I could see it happening if it weren't this specific example.

Totally this.  Big company policies on branding aren't always followed by every single employee.  It's easy for someone in large companies to not know, or not care.  And Turning Point USA is a non profit, conservative, student organization.  I sincerely doubt they have strict governance on shit like this.  To me, it is totally plausible that someone snatched it quick without looking even 2 seconds at it.

Looks like the seal? - check
10MB hi-res? - check

Slap it on a slide.

I give it 50/50 odds it was a legit mistake vs someone intentionally putting it up to punk POTUS.

I don't think company policies about where to get pics is really the issue here. Even if they were perfectly allowed to search google, I assumed they just googled "Presidential seal" or "Hi res presidential seal." No way THAT pic shows up immediately on that search.

Bet ya it does now though.   :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2163 on: July 26, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »

Totally this.  Big company policies on branding aren't always followed by every single employee.  It's easy for someone in large companies to not know, or not care.  And Turning Point USA is a non profit, conservative, student organization.  I sincerely doubt they have strict governance on shit like this.  To me, it is totally plausible that someone snatched it quick without looking even 2 seconds at it.

Looks like the seal? - check
10MB hi-res? - check

Slap it on a slide.

I give it 50/50 odds it was a legit mistake vs someone intentionally putting it up to punk POTUS.

Bet ya it does now though.   :lol

As I said before, this was some kid who wanted the opportunity for lulz more than he cared about the job. Before yesterday this graphic was kind of hard to come by, and what they showed is hardly high-res. Now it's the first 30 google images, but last week it would have taken some serious hunting down.
E.F. Benson

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2164 on: July 27, 2019, 06:06:34 PM »
The President of the United States of America calls my countrys primeminister to release an American rapper called ASAP from custody because his good friend Kanye West demanded it.

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2165 on: August 08, 2019, 06:29:13 PM »
Real or Fake News?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2166 on: August 08, 2019, 07:21:10 PM »
A boiled, unseasoned chicken breast you have to eat in the closet with your mother.  :rollin
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #2167 on: August 08, 2019, 07:56:48 PM »
Great post by Tommy Lee.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2168 on: August 08, 2019, 08:50:27 PM »
That was magnificent.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #2169 on: August 09, 2019, 09:00:30 AM »
 :rollin