Author Topic: A Life Once Lost band topic  (Read 596 times)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
A Life Once Lost band topic
« on: October 26, 2012, 03:54:36 AM »
Anybody else fans of these guys?
They're a metalcore(in the Converge sense of metalcore) band from Philadelphia that just put out their first album in 5 years last week.  It's called Ecstatic Trance and it's a heavy sumbitch.  Anywho, if you're a fan of Converge or Trap Them, these guys run in that vein but instead of ripcord speed songs, they tend to get a groove, and slam your face repeatedly with heaviness.
Anyways just wondering if anyone else knew of the band and if not and you're interested, I have all of their albums, just ask for a recommendation, and we can get this thread really rolling  :tup
Here's a stream (Completely Legal btw mods) from Metalsucks of their newest album.
https://www.metalsucks.net/2012/10/18/exclusive-full-album-stream-a-life-once-losts-ecstatic-trance/

An album ranking:

1.Ecstatic trance
2.Hunter
3.Iron Gag
4.A Great Artist
5.Open Your Mouth For the Speechless

IG and AGA are interchangeable at times, I'd also really like to make Iron Gag #2 since I think that's Meadow's second best performance vocals wise, but on that album, the music wasn't always as heavy so I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:34:07 AM by Dark Castle »

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Re: A Life Once Lost band topic
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 12:34:57 PM »
My copy of Ecstatic Trance came in the mail today, it might just be new album prejudice, but I fucking love that it's like a mix of Iron Gag's catchiness and A Great Artist's grooves.  It's not as heavy as Hunter or A Great Artist, but it's definitely heavier than Iron Gag, god bless it.  One thing that may turn people off on the new album though is drumming, it doesn't bother me one bit since the drummer position was never their strong point, nor did it matter, they always got the job done, but some songs he lays a pretty basic beat down, not all, but some for sure.
On the sticker it also says for fans of Devin Townsend Band and Strapping Young Lad  :biggrin:
I like that endorsement, also if it means anything to any of you, Devin Townsend co-produced Iron Gag and laid down a guest solo for Detest.