Author Topic: The random thoughts thread.  (Read 115731 times)

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Re: The random thoughts thread.
« Reply #1085 on: March 14, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »
How sad is that I have met very few truly interesting people in my life so far. And none of them female  :'(
Sacul, sometimes people can be waaay more interesting than they appear, it's funny how much a first impression of someone can be completely wrong after having a conversion with them :azn:
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1086 on: March 14, 2016, 10:51:34 AM »
How sad is that I have met very few truly interesting people in my life so far. And none of them female  :'(
Sacul, sometimes people can be waaay more interesting than they appear, it's funny how much a first impression of someone can be completely wrong after having a conversion with them :azn:
Seconding this.

Some of my best (male and female) friends seemed really shallow and uninteresting to me when I first met them. If you're like me and don't have the outgoing type of personality you're simply not going to find out in one day/conversation.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1087 on: March 14, 2016, 10:51:53 AM »
What a lovely couple of days we've had, weather-wise. The weather has definitely turned more spring-like over the weekend. The fact the sun's still up at 6pm is a good thing too.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1088 on: March 28, 2016, 06:09:34 PM »
Death was and will be good.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1089 on: March 28, 2016, 06:15:40 PM »
I might be falling in love with someone 400 km away who I've only met once, and it's 4 years younger than me but with who I (we) connect a lot. Trying my best not to lose my head.

Offline home

« Reply #1090 on: April 22, 2016, 07:37:50 AM »
Sometimes life is just f**cking confusing  :angry:

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1091 on: April 22, 2016, 07:47:42 AM »
Someday, you lovable guy. Someday.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #1092 on: April 22, 2016, 08:26:45 AM »
Dude, that sausage....seriously man, put that thing away.

Offline home

« Reply #1093 on: May 03, 2016, 02:46:05 PM »
Sometimes life is just f**cking confusing  :angry:

You know, I think it are mainly feeling that make life so damn confusing sometimes. Look at people who are angry or in love, acting completely unrational...

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1094 on: May 03, 2016, 04:38:52 PM »
It's been weird I haven't listened to any music all day long.

Offline home

« Reply #1095 on: May 04, 2016, 12:39:42 AM »
It's been weird I haven't listened to any music all day long.
Sometimes you need absence of something or someone to realisere how much you treasure that something or someone

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1096 on: May 04, 2016, 09:15:14 AM »
Conjuring demons is an endurance trial sometimes. It takes lots of practice and the right frame of mind.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1097 on: May 04, 2016, 12:48:44 PM »
Fuck narcotics and the devastation they can cause  >:(

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1098 on: May 04, 2016, 03:29:38 PM »
Add the rest of intoxicants to that list...

:-\

I learned the hard way.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1099 on: May 05, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »
Add the rest of intoxicants to that list...

:-\

I learned the hard way.

Seems Prince did as well...
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1100 on: May 05, 2016, 11:53:47 AM »
Me too, Tio.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #1101 on: May 07, 2016, 04:46:11 AM »
I hate when I pay for Amazon Prime and then order something with Prime Shipping that is $23 more than without but pay it so that the item will arrive faster (because PRIME SHIPPING) and then they quote me "3-5 business days" and then 8 days go by and my kid's drum kit FINALLY ARRIVES at the local UPS ...

but it's SATURDAY and Amazon Prime doesn't PAY for Saturday delivery so I have to wait until Monday even though it's RIGHT HERE IN MY TOWN AND THE TRUCKS ARE OUT DELIVERING EVERYONE ELSE"S STUFF BUT MINE.

Monday will be 11 days since I placed the order. WTF Amazon. But since they told me AFTER placing the order that it would arrive between Thursday and Monday, it's not technically late unless it doesn't get delivered Monday. But they also said 3-5 days and Monday is 11 days. So ... yeah. I don't think I can do shit about this. It just plain sucks.
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1102 on: May 09, 2016, 10:59:36 AM »
Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon.com.  There was a period of about 7 or 8 years where I just refused to buy anything from them.  It all started under similar circumstances but it was music CDs.  I'd purchase a few CDs (this is long before Prime was a thing) and they'd send me a message "Order confirmed, etc"

A few days would go by and I'd get an email with "Updated Shipping" in the subject and look in the message and they have some lame excuse about "logistics" and now instead of April 10th I'm going to get my stuff on April 18th  >:(

And they kept doing it to me.  Not every order, but maybe every 3rd order or so.   So I pulled the plug on Amazon and had no intention of ever buying anything from them ever again.

Then my wife bought a Prime subscription.  :loser:

Offline home

« Reply #1103 on: May 12, 2016, 03:25:18 PM »
:azn:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:35:47 AM by home »

Offline Grizz

« Reply #1104 on: May 12, 2016, 09:50:20 PM »
I hope things work out for me at RIT, but I'm a little wary of the fact that the M/F ratio is 68/32 and that the most social house is the Computer Science special interest house.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1105 on: May 13, 2016, 05:33:16 AM »
So glad it's :friday:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1106 on: May 18, 2016, 12:07:12 PM »
When will then be now?

:soon:

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1107 on: May 18, 2016, 12:50:56 PM »
Figuratively futile fish for four fat frankenstein fools feels fishy fa fa fa fa fa fishy! foo foo fishy!

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1108 on: May 19, 2016, 04:33:06 PM »
When I tell the Johovah witness last weekthat rang by doorbell I am an Athiest ( and I did do it nicely), yet he comes back and rings my bell again a minute ago............testing my patience but replied nice. Then they still started yapping. I said hold on a minute. And went inside and gave him a copy of my Richard Dawkins book. Have a nice day

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1109 on: May 20, 2016, 05:12:08 AM »
Troop. It is difficult to stay polite at times isn't it?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1110 on: May 20, 2016, 05:42:08 AM »
I admit I do have a hard time being patient with stupidity and pushy people. I have learned to use sarcasm on both kinds. They are just too stupid to know they are being stupid or ignorant and pushy. So I usually find it fun to mess with them without me getting riled.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1111 on: May 20, 2016, 05:43:26 AM »
When I tell the Johovah witness last weekthat rang by doorbell I am an Athiest ( and I did do it nicely), yet he comes back and rings my bell again a minute ago............testing my patience but replied nice. Then they still started yapping. I said hold on a minute. And went inside and gave him a copy of my Richard Dawkins book. Have a nice day

Ooooh, I did that once, except I had a copy of Lavey's Satanic Bible on the bookshelf next to the door. She did a gasp and a sign of the cross and ran down the steps like she had seen the devil himself.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1112 on: May 20, 2016, 05:44:43 AM »

Ooooh, I did that once, except I had a copy of Lavey's Satanic Bible on the bookshelf next to the door. She did a gasp and a sign of the cross and ran down the steps like she had seen the devil himself.

Nice! Great minds think alike :)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1113 on: May 20, 2016, 05:48:53 AM »
I was approached by someone holding a "Watchtower" outside my office one morning. I told him no thanks and that I don't hold to no atheist scum. He said, "I'm a Jehovah Witness not an atheist." I asked him if he believed in Alah, no. Vishnu, no. Odin, no. Zeus, no.

"See? Atheist scum." I said and walked into my office.  I have no idea how long he stood there. :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1114 on: May 20, 2016, 05:58:50 AM »
Brilliant.

Do not get me wrong. I respect peoples beliefs. Just do not push it on me, especially after a polite no reply from me. After that they are going to get soaked with my sarcasm.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1115 on: May 20, 2016, 05:59:13 AM »

Nice! Great minds think alike :)

:iagree:

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1116 on: May 20, 2016, 06:03:33 AM »
 :tup :tup

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1117 on: May 21, 2016, 01:34:11 AM »
Sometimes I'm randomly inspired to try a celebrity impression. I just sat down and worked on Pacino for a little bit (har har). I'm happy with it!

https://clyp.it/fakkoncg
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1118 on: May 21, 2016, 03:00:56 PM »
I live by Carpe Diem. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Found out a bit ago a bud/brother got shot and killed in Dallas on Thursday. Guy just minding his business walking down the street. A Vet that did 3 tours in Iraq etc. Fucking survived that to come back and this.

I’ve been around the world twice, talked to everyone once, seen two whales fuck, been to 3 world fairs, and I even know a man in Thailand with a wooden cock. Push more peter, more sweeter and more completer than any other peter pusher around. I’m a hard bodied, hairy chested, rootin, tootin, shootin, parachutin, demolition double cap crimping, frog man. There ain’t nothing I can’t do, no sky too high, no sea to rough, no muff too tough. Learnt a lot of lessons in my life, never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. Drive all kinds of truck 2 bys, 4 bys, 6 bys, those big motherfuckers that bend and go tshhhh, tshhhh, when you step on the breaks. Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing, moderation is for cowards. I’m a lover, I’m a fighter, I’m a UDT Navy Seal Diver, I wine, dine, intertwine and sneak out the back door when the revealing is done. So if you’re feeling froggy you better jump because this frogman’s been there, done that, and is going back for more. Cheers Boys!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 03:11:00 PM by The Trooper »

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1119 on: May 22, 2016, 08:26:22 AM »
I watch the Accuweather channel on tv for the smoking hot chick weather reporters :yarr just sayin