Author Topic: Your Live Concert Bucket List....  (Read 2562 times)

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
Re: Your Live Concert Bucket List....
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 10:09:44 PM »
I'm sure there are plenty, but the one's that stick out most for me right now are

Joe Jackson
Peter Gabriel
The Mars Volta
Gorgol Bordello
Coheed and Cambria
Kings X

I've been fortunate enough to see many bands listed in this thread that I've wanted to see at least once.

I suppose U2 and Springsteen would be cool also, but not before I've seen those others

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 02:20:11 AM »
Yeah... I want to see Within Temptation too....  Black Symphony is :drool:

there is a curse though... either I buy I ticket and Sharon decides to give another birth... or they come to town and I go to another city for a meeting :angry:

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2012, 05:41:10 AM »
Most of my favourite bands and artists I've seen. But there's three I haven't -

Bruce Springsteen
Pearl Jam
The Dixie Chicks (don't laugh)
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »
Whoa... wrong thread!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:50:28 AM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 02:05:48 PM »
Yes Barto, I realize you were trying to pay S. Americans a compliment about how good a crowd they can be, but you just did so in one of the most offensive manners possible, watch that going forward.
People of Hispanic origin up here tend to refer to themselves as brown.  Have for ages.  Look at the brown power movement of the 60's.  If in Nekov's neck of the woods that's considered offensive, then I apologize to him, but it's not like it's something that most of us would recognize, as demonstrated by Hef's post.  And one of the most offensive manners possible is a bit of a stretch.  Are we allowed to call black people black people?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »
Dream Theater
IQ
The Flower Kings
Anathema
Devin Townsend

Theirs too many to list. Sucks living in New Mexico at times since most good bands just pass by.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2012, 03:08:45 PM »
Yes Barto, I realize you were trying to pay S. Americans a compliment about how good a crowd they can be, but you just did so in one of the most offensive manners possible, watch that going forward.
People of Hispanic origin up here tend to refer to themselves as brown.  Have for ages.  Look at the brown power movement of the 60's.  If in Nekov's neck of the woods that's considered offensive, then I apologize to him, but it's not like it's something that most of us would recognize, as demonstrated by Hef's post.  And one of the most offensive manners possible is a bit of a stretch.  Are we allowed to call black people black people?

I'll side with El Barts here.  Referring to a dark skinned race (in my area, there are a lot of Indian's and Pakistani's) as brown isn't like n****r or anything.  Just as he said, it's simply referring to skin color.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion