Author Topic: Elite's Roulette v. So Long and Thanks for All the Fish: THE END  (Read 33199 times)

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Re: Elite's Roulette - Round 3 Results!
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2012, 02:23:31 AM »
First letter? Second letter? I went the whole 9 yards with my latest submission.  :hat
I'm glad you're on my team :lol with the way this is going for me, I'll only be useful for stealing points next round :rollin

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2012, 03:37:33 AM »
I'm gonna have to think a bit, but cool idea for a round.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2012, 04:08:46 AM »
Yay! :laugh: I actually thought that you wouldn't like that song at all, but I'm not complaining.

Gonna have to think on the next round, I have two songs that are very different and that I like both a lot. I'll send during the day sometime.

EDIT: Sent.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:25:14 AM by Scorpion »
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2012, 04:51:04 AM »
First letter? Second letter? I went the whole 9 yards with my latest submission.  :hat

That's impressive, but I'm not sure whether or not to let your submission count, since the song title doesn't start with a V, it's not from an album starting with an A and the artist doesn't start with an R.. Considering what you sent though, I might just let this one slip through unnoticed, but I haven't listened to it yet.

One question, what happens with common words such as "The", "A", etc. Do they count as the first letter of the artist/song/album or should the next one count? For example, would The Dear Hunter be a "T" or a "D"?

Alright, let's just get this out of the way; songs, artists or albums starting with 'The' or 'A', may be sent using the T or the A, but also with what comes afterward. In your example, The Dear Hunter may be sent using the T or the D (but not the H!).
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2012, 05:56:30 AM »
Nice glad you dug the Anotine Dufour song! :tup

I'll send something tonight

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2012, 05:57:35 AM »
Cool, thanks! I will think about it for a while and try to find something that fits the requirements

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2012, 09:09:12 AM »
Sent
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2012, 06:18:22 AM »
Okay, sent.  ;)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2012, 11:27:59 AM »
Sent

Sent an e-mail back :)

I'm sorry if this round is confusing.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
Keep the song anyways. I tried it at first but I can't find any band I know that starts with N and has an album starting with E. Neither could I find an album starting with an E that had a song starting with a K.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »
A song starting with K from a band starting with N, perhaps? Or just a song from a band starting with an N, a song from an album starting with an E or a song starting with a K?

Your current submission doesn't fit the criterion, so if you would, I'd like to have something else. I'm sorry, again :)
Squ

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2012, 03:19:10 AM »
2/3 for me, and I think it's a great song. :hat

Roulettes are so much fun even when you're the rock bottom of the list :lol

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2012, 04:18:23 AM »
A song starting with K from a band starting with N, perhaps? Or just a song from a band starting with an N, a song from an album starting with an E or a song starting with a K?

Your current submission doesn't fit the criterion, so if you would, I'd like to have something else. I'm sorry, again :)

:facepalm: I'm sorry. I just sent something else

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2012, 06:18:38 AM »
Sent! Went with a song that started with an 'A'.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2012, 06:13:10 AM »
I'm just telling this now, before I get comments about when the results are going to be posted. It's my birthday tomorrow, so I won't have any time to write anything. Because I need to get stuff and prepare my house today, I can't do it today either. I think I'll start listening this evening, but the results won't be up until at least Monday. Thanks for your understanding :)
Squ

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • ţađ besta sem guđ hefur skapađ er nýr dagur
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2012, 06:51:12 AM »
No problem. :)

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2012, 06:51:18 AM »
No worries dude.

Happy early Birthday!!!!

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2012, 09:49:36 AM »
No I don't understand anything I think you're just being selfish  >:(

:heart

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2012, 12:24:20 PM »
No I don't understand anything I think you're just being selfish  >:(

:heart

:deadpool:
Squ

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2012, 02:33:24 PM »
AHEM
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »
AHEM TO YOU (also known as; Round 4 RESULTS):

Last Place:
Participant: Nekov
Artist/Song: Nightingale - The Glory Days

Oh man, I can hear the fans going crazy. Blasphemy! I just don't know what it is, I saw the band live a couple of weeks back at a festival and I didn't enjoy it at all (I actually posted that somewhere on these boards, the Circus Maximus thread I think). The music is perfectly fine, but Swanö's vocals completely kill the song. I find him very boring to listen to, but since I know there's people that really love this band I won't comment on it further. I'm sorry man, this was not yourround. 1 point.

2 points grouping
Participant: MoraWintersoul
Artist/Song: Be'lakor - Remnants

I'm really too harsh to you, aren't I? I don't mean to, but I just didn't really like this song either. To give you a hint for further rounds; there's very little growls I can tolerate long enough to listen through a whole song and the specific criteria are very difficult for me to pinpoint, if there are any at all. Well, that was the problem here as well, too much harshness and stuff, though I do feel sorry for having to give you 2 points again.

Participant: Xanthul
Artist/Song: The XX - Night Time

I have heard good things about this band from a girl I know, who's really into them, but never really checked them out, nor had I the intention to, since her music taste diverges widely from mine. I must say I was pleasantly surprised, but I found the song lacked a buildup or something like it, having the same pace and feel throughout, which wasn't too interesting to start with. I can see why people would like this though, but you have sent me better stuff so far. 2 points.

3 points grouping
Participant: Ravenheart
Artist/Song: Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Angelheart, Ravenheart

I take it this is the song your username derives from? Pretty awesome stuff then, very orchestral and with great guitar work. The vocals could be some better once again (I hate how they're so easily a deal breaker for me, but unfortunately that tends to be the case), but they didn't bother me that much. This was some great symphonic death metal, thanks. 3 points.

Participant: Scorpion
Artist/Song: Trivium - Of Prometheus and the Crucifix

I think I have heard this song before. Actually, I'm sure, it was in 2009 when this album was just released and I tried to get myself into Trivium. I didn't like it back then and never tried again. This song however, was very cool and I could see myself listening to an album of this. Shogun is still the only album I have on my computer, but as said, I never listen to it anyway. I'll try it again someday, because this song was pretty awesome. 3 points and thanks.

4 points grouping
Participant: kári
Artist/Song: Portishead - Roads

That woman's vocals sealed the deal for me. Wow, very relaxing music, almost electronic/ambient-like, with the beautiful vocals on top. Wow, an extra point for the band for you, because I had heard of them and because this is beautiful. 5 points

Participant: Zantera
Artist/Song: Amplifier - Neon

I missed this band opening for Anathema earlier this year and I really wanted to see them, because I had heard good things about them but never checked them out, but damn, this was amazing. Very good track, cool work with instruments, nice vocals, good stuff. 4 points, plus an extra point for the band makes 5 points

Round Winner!
Participant: ReaperKK
Artist/Song: Fair to Midland - April Fools and Eggmen

Holy shit. That's all. This song was the clear winner of this round. I want to hear much more from these guys and I am definitely going to check out the album this song came from. This band was already on my list, because of great mentions of them on the forum, so the extra point makes a total of 6 points.

---

Side Mission 1:
Ravenheart sent a song with his full name in it. Though it didn't qualify for any letter, I let it slip, because of the full username. I therefore won't give it 2, but just 1 bonus point.
Scorpion sent a song starting with O, nothing more, no bonus points for you.
Zantera sent a song by the band Amplifier, from their self-titled. The song starts with an 'N', so that's 2 bonus points.
kári sent a song starting with an 'R', so that's alright, but that means no bonus points for him.
Xanthul sent a song from a band starting with 'X', with the song starting with an 'N', that means 2 bonus points.
MoraWintersoul sent a song from an album starting with 'O' (Of Breath and Bone), the song itself starting with 'R', so that means she'll get 2 bonus points.
Nekov sent a song from Nightingale, which starts with an 'N', no extra bonus points.
ReaperKK sent a song starting with 'A', but none of the other letters matched, no bonus points.

Side Mission 2:
Take a look at the scores and we'll see TWO people have the lowest score at the moment. This is not really a problem, since both can steal a point from someone on the other team of their choice, but since Scorpion is on holiday now, he can't do it at this moment. I think the best way to solve this is to wait until he's back and have him decide then. Mora can commence the point stealing from an opponent of choice (on the other team), just say the word.

---

Current Standings:

Xanthul: 15+2+2= 19 points
ReaperKK: 13+6= 19 points
Zantera: 12+5+2= 19 points
Nekov: 16+1= 17 points
Ravenheart: 11+3+1= 15 points
kári: 10+5= 15 points
Scorpion: 11+3= 14 points
MoraWintersoul: 10+2+2= 14 points

Team Standings:

Team Tea: 19+19+15+14= 67 points
Team Coffee: 19+17+15+14= 65 points

---

Next Round!

First off a couple of things; I'm sorry for the delay this round and the last one have brought. In order to get this thing going back on track again, also since there are a lot of rounds to come, I will try to fully commit myself to posting the results within four days after a round has started. Furthermore, I'm really thankful for all your submissions so far, you've hepled me discover some great stuff that's been put on my ever-growing list of things to check out. I think there's still a lot more to come. Thanks for your patience for this round and good luck with the next one. Also, since Scorpion is on a holiday, he's already asked me the themes of the next couple of rounds and I already have his submissions up to round 8, since he won't be on DTF for at least two weeks. I won't discount any points from him should any submissions be double, since this would be beyond his control. I haven't listened to anything he has sent me yet, I will only do so when a round starts.

Main Goal:
Send me anything that's under two minutes. That's right, only TWO minutes. To make it even more ridiculous, I'm giving you the option to send me up to two songs, as long as the total time is less than two minutes. I will score only my favourite from the two. Any 10 seconds (rounded UP) more than 2 minutes, will cost you a point.

Side Mission 1: Shorter equals better.
The shortest song that gets scored receives two extra points.

Side Mission 2: The shortest straw.
The team that sends the shortest running time of all the songs sent (including ones that don't get scored) combined will have each member gain a point.
Squ

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Elite's Roulette - Round 4 Results!
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »
Will have to think and send something tomorrow.

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
How dare you say that about Swano!!!! As soon as Zander gets here blood will be shed

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2012, 03:04:35 PM »
Stealing one from Reaper, no brainer really ;D

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »
How dare you say that about Swano!!!! As soon as Zander gets here blood will be shed

I knew I was walking on ice when I wrote that. :(
meh, I feel bad now, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:45:12 PM by Elite »
Squ

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2012, 05:42:45 PM »
Sent

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2012, 02:59:57 AM »
Squ

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2012, 03:52:17 AM »
Not just Zander :D *Swano fangirl*

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2012, 04:10:09 AM »
Sent

I didn't get it yet..

Whoops, sent it to Ariich by mistake :lolpalm: You should get it soon

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2012, 04:48:09 AM »
Sent

I didn't get it yet..

Whoops, sent it to Ariich by mistake :lolpalm: You should get it soon

haha..... proof that ariich is now "the other Rich".   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
Yes, it's looking like that more and more with every day :lol
Squ

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2012, 01:00:59 AM »
Sent, sorry about the lateness, I had a very hard time deciding what to send plus I was travelling yesterday

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2012, 02:27:04 AM »
I still have no idea what to send. I don't think I have anything in my library shorter than two mins, let alone anything you haven't heard :lol if asking friends for help isn't cheating I'll try and ask some who listen to silly music to go on a little hunt for me.

"Yeah, I'm playing a song roulette on the DT forums and...
- my god, Milena, get a grip on reality" :lol

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2012, 03:21:23 AM »
Song sent. I really hope you'll like it.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2012, 07:34:34 AM »
5/8

Give them to me and I can have the results by Saturday.
Squ