Author Topic: The Walking Dead, Season 3  (Read 59862 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Walking Dead, Season 3
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »
Haha yea I was thinking the same thing, if you had that farm you wouldn't want to leave.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 10:16:29 AM »
NY daily news reviewed Sunday's epsiode

Spoiler First 6 minutes not a single word is spoke but according to the reviewer, these 6 minutes are better than the entire second season
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 01:00:44 PM »
NY daily news reviewed Sunday's epsiode

Spoiler First 6 minutes not a single word is spoke but according to the reviewer, these 6 minutes are better than the entire second season

I'd believe it.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
WOOT WOOOOOOT! I AM PUMPED! I can't wait to see some gore-filled action along with some a catastrophic setup for the rest of the season tonight. Sadly I'll be at work when this airs so I've set my DVR to record it, but I always liked watching my favorite shows while they're airing. Which doesn't make much sense because of commercials but it's something about the 'experience' of watching it. Or some shit. Either way, tonight shall be fun.

RAWR RAWR RAWR ZOMBIE ATTACK.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »
Is it tonight the episode is airing? And a follow-up Talking Dead? Longer first episode like with last season? The questions are many.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2012, 10:58:41 AM »
Is it tonight the episode is airing? And a follow-up Talking Dead? Longer first episode like with last season? The questions are many.
Yup.

Watched all of season 2 this weekend and all caught up. I can't wait. Season 2 was great after the slow run in the first half.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2012, 11:02:16 AM »
Yeah, Season 2 was kinda slow. It wasn't bad, but it was just so dragged out. 2 or 3 episodes into the season it was kinda clear how things would turn out; like.. 1. Learning about the zombies in the barn, we knew that there would be some epic finale chasing away the survivors, 2. Rick vs Shane, and that something would happen there. And so on.

I hope S3 has a bit more interesting stuff going on, but either way, following the gang in a prison is more interesting than at a farm.  :hat

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2012, 11:06:28 AM »
Oh yeah, they're going to be changing things up big time, I feel. I definitely sounds like they've learned from their mistakes in the past couple seasons and have made adjustments to counter the pace of a show like this. However, even if they only marginally follow the comics, from this point on it's going to be nose to the grindstone and action at almost every turn. I really would like them to make their own story though, and for the most part it sounds like they are. So props to them on that, because the rabid fanboys of the comics have their heads up their tightened sphincters, clamoring for more of the same. I'd really like them to change a few aspects of the comics, certain events that happen later that I won't even allude to given the content. It's going to be such an intense ride. OHHH BOY HALLOWEEN AND ZOMBIES AND BOOBIES AND BOBBING FOR APPLES AND MAYBE WEINERS OHMANSOAWESOME!

RIP DTP.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
:caffeine:
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2012, 08:04:56 PM »
Wow. That was a lot of action in an hour.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
Very kick ass start to the new season.

I really like how everyone has toughened up and all the melodrama has been way toned down. Its survival, first and foremost. If the rest of the episodes keep up this level of quality, I'm gonna be a happy camper.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2012, 08:35:48 PM »
Only complaint I had was the whole pairing Mino with Andrea. I seem to remember her being more of a loner in the comics

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2012, 08:36:30 PM »
That episode was fucking great! It looks like they are going to cover way more of the story this season than I thought. It looks like not much time will be spent at the prison. Michonne is badass as hell and I can't wait to see more of her. The end of the episode in the tunnels was a heart pumper. When I saw Hershall go down, my heart sank :( I'm curious to see how that is handled.

The scene with the zombies with riot gear was awesome! I liked Maggie a lot more once she lifted the shield and stuck one in the guys neck.

I started laughing hysterically when Hershal asked Carl if he had found his room yet  :lol like Carl would have any chance at a vagina.

Comic reference / spoiler?

In the comics, Rick has his hand chopped off. When he was hacking away at Hershal's leg, it looked like he nicked his hand. Do you think this may be an alternate way of him losing his hand? I'm thinking maybe.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2012, 08:37:47 PM »
Only complaint I had was the whole pairing Mino with Andrea. I seem to remember her being more of a loner in the comics

She was a loner up until she found the group. In the comics, didn't she off the heads of her boyfriend and brother as soon as she was introduced?l I thought she got acclimated very quickly.

Offline njdtfan

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2012, 09:21:28 PM »
Great episode. This season is going to be great.
Life's biggest battles
Often are fought alone
My spirit brings me home

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »
Enjoyed that one.  As soon as I saw that one walker sitting in the hallway, I knew he was going to wake and do damage and then after Hershal got bit, I immediately thought, "would he servive if they cut his leg off quickly?" I guess well have to see.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2012, 10:10:10 PM »
episode was 5/5

Hershal better survive, he's so awesome. Especially with his newfound beard.

Everyone was much more sensible in this episode it seemed, they've matured in the time we "haven't seen them" for sure. I definitely loved the prison thus far, and the dark hallways were honestly some of the creepiest moments the series has had thus far.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2012, 10:13:18 PM »
Very good start to the season!

Though they taking almost 2 minutes to figure out how to kill Riot Gear Zombies was a bit maddening to me.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:18:59 PM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2012, 05:22:35 AM »
Man, I had the craziest dream last night. It involved Rick and Carl being the only ones left, and they learned how to speak zombie. :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2012, 08:04:23 AM »

She was a loner up until she found the group. In the comics, didn't she off the heads of her boyfriend and brother as soon as she was introduced?l I thought she got acclimated very quickly.
It's Michonne and yes, the two zombies she has with her are suppose to be her BF and brother, she offs them when she joins Rick and the rest of the gang at the prison.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2012, 12:18:46 PM »
That episode was fucking awesome, can't believe they ended it like that.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »
That episode was fucking awesome, can't believe they ended it like that.

I was so engrossed with what was happening, I completely forgot that there were other non-walkers in the comics. The camera was focussing on them and I had it in my head that they were zombies right up until the guy said "Holy shit". For a second, I thought they were going to have to ditch Hershel and make a run for it.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2012, 03:43:11 PM »
I did hate the fact that Carl was head picking zombies from the tower with a 9mm....

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2012, 04:31:09 PM »
Oh my codfish. Really? One of the purposes of the time-skip was so that certain viewers who can accept zombies but for some reason have trouble accepting a child shooting with pin-point accuracy was so their development would be substantial enough so that it may be believable that after months and months of surviving in harsh environments and killing en masse, they have honed their skills enough to be able to do so. You'll have to accept the very wild idea that there's a kid who's living in a world where the apocalypse wrought dead people who walk around and eat the living and everyone is going insane and yes, Carl picked off zombies with head-shots from a tower with a pistol. Hint: It's gonna happen a shitload for the rest of this series.

Not to go off on you, Chino  :heart. My main gripe is geared towards the fools on a certain Walking Dead forum who are genuinely enraged over menial things such as that...and even more ridiculous. It's mind boggling. I mean for realzies...of all the things that aren't physically possible or leaps of logic to gripe about in a show such as this and people pick things like that? That's more annoying than the reason for the gripe. Sorry, that just grinds my nerves to nothing.

I loved the episode, I thought it was near perfection of what this show should be; I think it's a great start to what will hopefully be an equally action-packed, neck-break pace season. I'm thinking that once they settle where they will, there will be an episode or two of down-time and character development through drama, and Rick and Lori will have to sort things out eventually; the perfect time will be middle of this season since after this story arc it's going to be even more insane. After this season, we'll look back on this and think "Oh, the good 'ole days". I'm really impressed with the work they've done on the prison, they have a truly talented crew doing the sets this season. Oh, and awesome new intro! I cannot wait to see what horrors the group will have to deal with later on and how it will differ from the comics. I really like the slight homages to the comics they've thrown in already, albeit with a different perspective and twist to make it the show's own. Awesome stuff.

IT HAS BEGUN!

RIP DTP.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
They've had 99% headshot accuracy since the beginning of the series.  I've always found it annoying, and in that scene especially, but this episode was otherwise an awesome start to the new season. The jump ahead was a great move as they seem to have matured a lot as a group and we didn't have to watch it happen; it allowed the writers to immediately address some of the viewers' issues without creating any continuity errors, as they could just chalk up the changes to "time has passed." Even Carl wasn't annoying. But it was only one episode, so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »
They've had 99% headshot accuracy since the beginning of the series.  I've always found it annoying, and in that scene especially, but this episode was otherwise an awesome start to the new season. The jump ahead was a great move as they seem to have matured a lot as a group and we didn't have to watch it happen; it allowed the writers to immediately address some of the viewers' issues without creating any continuity errors, as they could just chalk up the changes to "time has passed." Even Carl wasn't annoying. But it was only one episode, so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

That was kind of my point. It was a valid qualm before (despite the fact that it was relentlessly moaned and droned about on and on and on), but now it's just nit-picky since they've given us an equally valid reason for their supreme accuracy and mastery of firearms. But I don't expect anything will change, the nit-picking would continue even if they gave us an entire season dedicating every single minute to training the entire team in firearms and hunting. But yeah, great start to the season. I hope the same; and may have become to hopeful already, but this is a great indicator to how dedicated they've become and how much they've learned.

It's just a shame this show is so unrealistic.

:P

RIP DTP.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »
I mean even Amy had trouble with pinpoint accuracy last season, and she obviously had some previous experience. And now we're being asked to believe Carl can become a better shot than her in half the time.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2012, 06:46:23 PM »
I mean even Amy had trouble with pinpoint accuracy last season, and she obviously had some previous experience. And now we're being asked to believe Carl can become a better shot than her in half the time.

Not to mention that kind of accuracy would take thousands of rounds worth of practice. I don't think they had that.

Jus' sayin'
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:24:39 PM by Chino »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »
How do you guys deal with the fact that the dead are walking around? What kind of rationale do you use to cope with that? That's asking quite a bit of us to believe; much more so than a child learning to master the use of his firearm with months of daily combat. Super Duder, what time frame are you using regarding Amy versus Carl? In the world of TWD, the time skip that we just had was longer than all of the past two seasons. 'Half the time' is nowhere near correct; Carl has had much more training as well as actual combat than Amy (especially considering her condition throughout the time-skip was spent being protected by Michonne; sick, weak, and without weaponry, let alone firearms). Her training wasn't 'obvious', the only thing we know is that her father gave her that gun and from then on it's a leap of assumption that she's even actually trained with it before the apocalypse; it was for protection, not for hunting and willfully killing as they are now. Amy's known training consisted of Shane and her practicing on and off with dummies and a few times before the S2 finale in actual combat with Shane (which is even less). From what we saw, she was pretty horrible and couldn't so much as hit a large, swaying log before the farm went under.

The first two seasons are very compressed time-wise. One can logically assume that throughout these months, (the time frame, from the mouth of Kirkman, has been "we skipped a little bit of Fall, the Winter and a little bit of Spring") Carl has had at least some training from Rick and the others, but mainly benefited from direct combat with the hordes of zombies they have no doubt come across the past few months, as they've essentially been clearing out the area around the prison for the entirety of the time-skip. Chino, how do you know that it would take 'thousands' and not 'hundreds' of rounds of practice? Are you qualified to make that assumption? How experienced are you in firearm use and the hunting of humans (and/or mentally handicapped humans, as they're more in line with how zombies would move)? Have you taken into account how many zombies they've had to kill from the end of Fall through mid-point into Spring? That very well could be hundreds of rounds of both practice and real combat.

If you're going to nit-pick, you might as well put that nit-picking nose to the grindstone and go all the way. Otherwise, what's the point?

Jus' sayin'.

RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2012, 08:25:13 PM »
Chill brah. I'm just looking for anything I could criticize Carl for.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2012, 08:34:14 PM »
Does anyone else think Lori's whole bit on killing her or the baby is anything happened is foreshadowing something? I'm guessing the baby dies during birth and we get to see a baby zombie.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »
They can't have a zombie baby after a character already spoke of it. That would be dumb. I hope they go the comic route.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2012, 09:52:56 PM »
Hoping for the comic route on that front.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2012, 11:54:16 PM »
Here's what I don't get: what is the mechanism for the disease/virus/whatever? If everyone is infected already, how does being bitten suddenly mean you're fucked?
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2012, 12:38:36 AM »
Here's what I don't get: what is the mechanism for the disease/virus/whatever? If everyone is infected already, how does being bitten suddenly mean you're fucked?

I don't know if it's true, but I saw someone explain that the bite causes a fever which causes death.