Author Topic: The Walking Dead, Season 3  (Read 59864 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: The Walking Dead, Season 3
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2012, 07:05:40 AM »
I was really looking forward to seeing T-Dog and Merle's reuniting.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »
I was really looking forward to seeing T-Dog and Merle's reuniting.

Me too

Amazing episode.  Easily the best of the series, aside from the pilot.  If it stays this good, TWD will finally be up there with the best of them.

agreed. This show just really went to the next level last night. I was so blown away by everything that went down.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2012, 07:17:58 AM »
I thought Maggie's acting job was just as good as everyone else's last night. She couldn't even get a sound out let alone a word or sentence when she was looking at Rick while holding his baby. I really don't think I've ever felt so shitty watching something before. I think TWD is going to get a lot of new fans after this episode. Facebook exploded last night.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2012, 07:27:44 AM »

Then I got this in a message:

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2012, 07:30:16 AM »
One of the best episodes of the show so far, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that it was one of the best episodes of any tv-show.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2012, 11:51:50 AM »
Amazing episode.  Easily the best of the series, aside from the pilot.  If it stays this good, TWD will finally be up there with the best of them.

Is it not already?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »

Is it not already?
It cannot be with how stupidly written the female characters and Carl were in season 2
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2012, 12:57:33 PM »

Is it not already?

No.  Season 1 and the first half of season 2 were pretty weak.  The second half of season 2 was a step up, and season 3 has been a step up from that.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2012, 01:17:38 PM »
Whoa. Awesome episode. I love the direction they're going with the series; things are moving pretty damn fast though. Not that it's a bad thing, and they've still got a very, very long way to go before they're caught up to the comics in terms of big story events. But I can't help but wonder when they undoubtedly do catch up (because I doubt that this show will flop before then), will they go on hiatus, will the story in the comics be nearing completion by then, or will the show straight up divert entirely from the comics and make it's own storyline? I'm really interested in this, and surely it's come up before, as Kirkman, while nearing his end-game, doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon, and the rate that the comics are coming out versus the pacing and release schedule of the episodes, I can see it catching up if Kirkman doesn't end the comics in the next year or two. Either way, if they keep this up, it will surpass the comics and then it will have all the freedom in the world, which both excites and scares me.

I'm loving this show though, it doesn't have me as hooked as Breaking Bad, but the fact I'm even making comparisons to that show really tells me how far this show as come; and with BB ending ( :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda:), I can see this more than making up for the gaping hole in my heart that will no doubt exist the moment that show ends. I was actually a bit disheartened to see the characters go in this episode; that, to me, is huge considering that I was literally rooting for their deaths in S1/S2. Wonderful storytelling, perfect pacing, and tons of action and emotional events...this episode was beautiful and the absolute epitome of great TV storytelling coupled with some of the best directing a show has to offer.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »

No.  Season 1 and the first half of season 2 were pretty weak.  The second half of season 2 was a step up, and season 3 has been a step up from that.

Totally agree with all of that.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2012, 02:00:55 PM »

Is it not already?

Too true, but there really has never been a "horror" show like this on tv before.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2012, 02:36:23 PM »
I really don't feel this is a horror show, more like it has an horror setting. Kinda like Battlestar Galactica wasn't a sci-fi show but had a sci-fi setting.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2012, 02:39:42 PM »
Yeah I agree. The show is mostly about the individuals and how they act in the world after the apocalypse, the zombies are just a bonus.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2012, 02:49:41 PM »
Yeah I agree. The show is mostly about the individuals and how they act in the world after the apocalypse, the zombies are just a bonus.

That is how I always describe it to people.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2012, 03:10:33 PM »
Exactlys. I cannot wait till...well... I better spoiler this one, but for the ones who've read to at least vol. 4 of the comics:

I can't wait till they show Rick's speech about them being the walking dead and not the zombies. Surely the show will make that scene it's own, but I think it will be a very poignant choice of words if the writer's keep upping their game; just as it was in the comics, that's going to be a huge turning point when they have that.. paradigm shift. It's gurnna beh biblical.

toosmalldidn'tread: I hope they portray a pivotal scene that will no doubt occur later in the show as beautifully horrific as it is in the comics.

It's beginning to become even more of a horror show without depending on the zombie aspect, they're already starting to take a backseat to the horrors of the living; and with this recent fuck-up, Rick's Ricktatorship is about to shift into high gear once he regains his composure. It's funny that when Rick originally put randomangryblackman into the zombie pit, he seemed to look despondent, and now I'm sure he's thinking that he should have made sure randomangryblackman was chomped on and regrets not taking him out himself. Not that this is what he's thinking about right now, but he is going to need to get over this quickly. No time to mourn in zombie-land. Not yet. MORE!

RIP DTP.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2012, 03:55:45 PM »

Then I got this in a message:

I laughed so hard at this.... Way to go Chino  :tup

and Holy crap, this series just keeps impressing me. An amazing episode last night! Keep this stuff coming.
May The Force Be With You.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »

Is it not already?

I have to somewhat disagree with this. The show needed to be built up in those seasons. If they would have started out with their foot to the floor it would have just been a Michael Bay flick with tv episodes.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »
*Spoilers*

Well that was pretty intense. I know I said I wanted Lori to die, but that was heart wrenching. Especically Rick's reaction.
But I've just been flipping out over Carol. Her death would crush me. I just love Melissa McBride so much  :sadpanda:
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2012, 04:50:40 PM »
Carol has definitely grown on me from her pathetic first season and first-half-of-second season showing. I want her to live.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2012, 05:13:23 PM »
Carol has definitely grown on me from her pathetic first season and first-half-of-second season showing. I want her to live.
The character evolvement in Carol has been fantastic. She's gone from weak, timid and terrifying to strong and a good shot too. People forget how severely damaged she must be from Ed's abuse and then losing her daughter. Carol is definitely a good addition and one of the only people in the group who has managed to grow close with Daryl. Whether or not it's romantic doesn't matter: their relationship is great.
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2012, 05:28:50 PM »
I'm hoping Carl just took out one of Lori's knees or something... allowing Rick to see her one more time/put her down.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2012, 05:31:32 PM »
I really don't feel this is a horror show, more like it has an horror setting. Kinda like Battlestar Galactica wasn't a sci-fi show but had a sci-fi setting.

Exactly why I put horror in quotes.....I see it more as action/suspense

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2012, 05:40:50 PM »
I think they're going more for drama, but OK.

Offline DeanTheater

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We'll do it Live! ....^&*%! We'll Do It Live!!
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2012, 06:55:55 PM »
Yessirreee, probably one of the best episodes for me.  I compare it to the pilot episode.  The writers arefiring on all cylinders this season.
SPOILER

I was tearing up at the last 10 minutes of he show.  That was brutal to watch.  The birth of the baby during that chaos was nerve wracking and intense.  I was expecting a zombie to come in through that loose door while they were burthing the baby.  The writers did a great job with that piece of television.   And Andrews acting was crazy awesome at the end.  Cant wait for next week

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2012, 08:52:56 AM »
hooo boy, that was a gut-wrenching episode (literally).  Lots of tense and emotional moments the last half of the episode.  T-Dog going out as a hero!  I'm not buying that Carol is dead just yet.

I almost couldn't stand watching the Lori/Carl scene now that I have kids of my own.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »
Same thing here....watched that scene with my youngest guy (13) at one point we both just looked at each other and didn't say anything just hugged each other
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2012, 09:20:57 AM »
Usually this kind of stuff makes my eyes watery, but I really didn't care for T-Dog and I didn't like Lori, so I was sort of emotionless, and to make it worse, Rick's crying was almost comical to me. Like when he looked at Carl, it looked like he was teasing him. "awww little baby gonna cry cuz mommy's dead" I know, I have no soul and am a heartless bastard, but that's just the way I felt. I love this show, but this episode just didn't hit me like it did everyone else.

I guess it also doesn't help that this episode was spoiled for me.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:15 AM »
Rick's crying was almost comical to me. Like when he looked at Carl, it looked like he was teasing him. "awww little baby gonna cry cuz mommy's dead" I know, I have no soul and am a heartless bastard, but that's just the way I felt.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »
I think the only thing that could have made that episode more depressing was if the baby was still born.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2012, 09:34:52 AM »
Rick's crying was almost comical to me. Like when he looked at Carl, it looked like he was teasing him. "awww little baby gonna cry cuz mommy's dead" I know, I have no soul and am a heartless bastard, but that's just the way I felt.

Yep...

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »
Good riddance.

and no, this is nowhere near the best shows ever made
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2012, 01:06:14 PM »
 :\

RIP DTP.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
well, I think it's been absolutely awesome since about halfway through last season, so if it keeps being absolutely awesome, then it will be one of the best shows ever.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2012, 07:03:04 AM »
Just caught up and wow, what an episode. With tdog being so vocal I kind of thought it may be his end. And I'm glad they killed off one of the least liked characters.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2012, 06:55:37 PM »
What's up? Oh, nothing much, just reliving the saddest episode of the series thus far.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude: