Author Topic: The Walking Dead, Season 3  (Read 59853 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: The Walking Dead, Season 3
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2012, 09:21:48 PM »
Loved Rick on this episode!!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2012, 01:14:29 AM »
Man, Rick is really losing his mind.....I knew that crazy asshole needed to die and BAM! I wonder when Lori is gonna give birth?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2012, 05:11:58 AM »
I was more surprised by him killing that second guy who ran away.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2012, 05:31:22 AM »
Okay, so I just finished the 2nd season...........glad to see what happened to Shane. But why did Rick randomly become a total douche? They get rid of one douche and have to immediately replace him with another?
The only thing he's been trying to do since waking up and reuniting is keeping everyone alive, everyone is always dogging and second guessing him for it and then his own wife plants seeds on his mind to kill Shane and it's repulsed when he does so?! I'd be a fuckin' douche too!

Hey, I still like the guy. It just seemed like a pretty quick change from "We're all in this together" to "GOD DAMNIT I AM KING OF ZOMBIELAND ALL OF YOU SHALL DO MY BIDDING!"

Yeah,the only real problem with the Ricktatorship is that we never actually see it happen. I mean, there's a scene at the end of season 2 that definitely implies it's coming. But then the show apparently skips ahead like 8 months, and we never see it develop. That kinda stings, considering we're used to seeing Rick in contrast to Shane.

I thought Rick had turned into Shane, but not really. Not after last night. Shane was wild, unpredictable, selfish. Rick is none of those things. He's just rational and cold. He's emotionally turned off. Lori's baby is a good excuse for stopping to camp out in the prison, but you've gotta wonder if Rick plans on ever leaving. I can't imagine a character like him having any sort of hope for the future and where they're going; I find it way more likely that he's going to try and just fortify the group in the prison as long as possible, with survival alone being the only key goal.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2012, 05:39:56 AM »
Well sure, after all they've been through.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2012, 06:46:03 AM »
Rick is now the greatest character in this show.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2012, 07:08:56 AM »
I looooved how that guy in the beater trying slashing Rick, and followed it up by throwing a zombie at him. When Daryl helped him up, you saw Rick give him the sign that it was time to kill him. The manner in which he did it was so bad ass. Locking the guy out in the yard just solidified Rick's bad ass. I think the guy with the mustache is a good guy, and I hope in some way he makes his way into the group.

My memory is a little hazy from the comics, but didn't the whole group end up in the town after the helicopter crash? It looks like we are going to get a bunch of differences there with the show... Unless they leave the prison and meet up with Michone and Andrea there.

Did I see Merle in the preview for the next few episodes!?!

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2012, 07:14:20 AM »
I read a synopsis of the comics a little while ago. Looks like there were tons of big differences with Season 2, so I wouldn't expect them to really adhere to them at all.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2012, 07:19:47 AM »
Like 5 minutes after the psycho, macho dude was introduced, I was like "please somebody kill him". I was so worried that old Rick would resurface and be like "oh we have to be fair", or an obi wan ghost of Dale would come back and beg them to be humane.

I was so happy when Rick did what he needed to do. For a second there I was worried that the guy was going to be Shane 2.0 for this season, but Rick took care of business.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2012, 07:24:15 AM »
That guy was a dumbass anyway. "Why would I use that when I have this?" *holds up gun*... I don't know... maybe because you only have six rounds you dumb shit.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »
Rick and the gang: "A head shot is the only thing that'll work"

Prisoners: "We know how to kill a man"

*prisoners encounter zombies*

*hack and slash everywhere but the head*

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:43 AM »
I initially thought that Rick and the gang were banking on their ignorance. Let them run in and get themselves killed... no blood on any of their hands.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2012, 11:06:13 AM »
Beautiful episode. Rick has finally learned, and learned well, how to deal with looming threats. I also love that he did in fact let that other brainless dumbfuck get killed by his own fear and panic. Rick simply let Darwin's law take over and let the new mother nature cater to his very specific form of stupidity. Love it. He didn't pull the trigger, but he sure as shit taught him a lesson before he was eaten alive; and that's exactly what Rick has become...the judge of this group and this new home and anyone that has the balls to enter better have the gall to stand up to the gavel when it's about to come down on their heads. Literally. I cannot wait to see where this goes. Gov'na! Here we come!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2012, 11:29:36 AM »
What do you guys think will happen to the two surviving inmates (assuming they are going to be relevant to the story)? I think the black guy (don't know his name) is going to get it soon. He seemed like a dick that knew what was planned for Rick, especially with the "I've never begged for my life, do what you gotta do" attitude. I can see him giving Rick problems in the near future. The white guys (don't know his name either) seems to be pretty smart. As far as I can tell, he seems level headed, not blood thirsty, and could be a good asset to the group. I hope he sticks around. I want to see at least one more character added, even if it's just for a little while. One of them has to see what has happened to the outside world....

What's going to happen to Hershel? They didn't kill him off (yet), but I can't imagine a one legged old man being able to survive very long. He can't run. He won't be able to fight. My guess is that he sacrifices himself at some point to save Glenn or Rick. He'll hit a walker with one of his crutches, fall down, and then sadly meet his doom  :'(

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
I don't think both of the remaining inmates knew what was going to happen. The big guy with the "do what you gotta do" attitude was probably just showing he's not afraid. The biggest surprise for me was the second guy being killed. I think i missed something to fully understand why Rick did that. But it also looked like Rick was questioning himself as he was hearing the screaming

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2012, 12:26:44 PM »
I don't think both of the remaining inmates knew what was going to happen. The big guy with the "do what you gotta do" attitude was probably just showing he's not afraid. The biggest surprise for me was the second guy being killed. I think i missed something to fully understand why Rick did that. But it also looked like Rick was questioning himself as he was hearing the screaming

The guy booked, implying that he was guilty. I think Rick chased him out of anger (understandable), and probably didn't want him finding his way to Lori and Carl. I don't think he was questioning himself as the guy was dying. I think he just had a heavy moment of self reflection.  Killing a guy with a quick blow to the head is one thing, trapping one so he meets his demise in a slow and painful fashion is a different story. I don't think he regretted it, it was more of a "wow, this is what the world has become". It was almost as if he himself reached a knew level of understanding in regards to how fucked up everything truly is. Being a former cop and all, he has had to make the transition from letting the judicial system deal with someone he chased, to being the cop, the judge, the jury, and the executioner. It's like he realized that he no longer enforces the law, but is the law. His responsibilities just got a whole lot greater.

Side bar ..... EIGHT THOUSAND POSTS!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:36:03 PM by Chino »

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2012, 12:30:09 PM »
Nobody fucks with Rick Grimes.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2012, 01:02:11 PM »
I figured the guy just ran because Rick macheted the other guy in cold blood.  I never got the sense that all the prisoners were conspiring to kill the group, aside from the one guy.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2012, 01:25:29 PM »
The whole group doesn't go to the Governor's town in the comics, Chino.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2012, 02:28:04 PM »
The whole group doesn't go to the Governor's town in the comics, Chino.

In the comics, do Andrea and Michonne go to the prison before they find the town? My memory is hazy.

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »
Why have I not found this thread yet?
And why is there no Daryl love here?
Daryl is by far the best character. If he dies I quit life. And people hate Carol but I love her. It'll suck if they go the comic route with her. I hate Lori, she needs to go, and Carl freaks me out because he's SO short but he's supposed to be around my age apparently. And Glenn. I love Glenn.
Sunday better come soon.
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »
I like Daryl, but he hasn't been getting much focus yet in s3. Kinda accepted his role as Rick's right hand, and I feel like the point of bringing Merle back is just to create some lame drama. (though it will be cool to see him again)

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »
Glenn is definitely my faves.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »
I hate Lori, she needs to go

Amen to that.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2012, 01:47:47 PM »
ugh, yes Lori is terrible.  I basically fast forward through all her dialogue.  In fact, I bet I fast-forwarded through about half of last season because it was so slow and had so many scenes where two people would go off together and have a long boring conversation - mostly between Lori and Shane or Lori and Rick.

Daryl is great!
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2012, 07:43:50 PM »
So...it's kinda a slow episode so far.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2012, 08:08:11 PM »
FUCK YES THE GOVERNOR AAAAAAAHasdfasdfsdfasdf

that is all

Offline masterthes

« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2012, 08:16:01 PM »
I don't seem to remember Andrea going to the town. Michonne is a different story

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2012, 08:54:18 PM »
That's because Andrea didn't go in the comics.

I remember Greg, Rick and Michonne certainly went in the comics. If there's another female character I forgot who it was.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:15:23 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2012, 09:14:26 PM »
fantastic episode.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal :metal

Amazing.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2012, 02:35:14 AM »
I'm glad they played catch-up with Andrea and Michonne as well as introduce the governor. He's definitely the antagonist, even though it seems like he's a good guy.

Obviously he's power-hungry and it seems like he's brainwashing everyone in the town; almost like the leader of a cult.
There's gonna be some serious headbutting when him and Rick meet.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2012, 05:00:07 AM »
If brainwashing is what it takes to ensure the survival of the human race until this thing blows over, then so be it. I'm 100% on board with the governor.

Did anyone else keep thinking the the governor looked like Liam Neeson?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:04:21 AM by Chino »

Offline 5

• Serial thread killer
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2012, 10:57:33 AM »
Spoilers for the latest episode ahead.

Ok, I thought that the way the Governor was established as a batshit crazy character was pretty stupid. You run into a squad of trained military men and instead of using them for the benefit of your comminity you fucking KILL THEM?!

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
Did anyone else keep thinking the the governor looked like Liam Neeson?

I was thinkin Randy Quaid.