Author Topic: Big Bang Theory - Season 6  (Read 10689 times)

Offline PetFish

Big Bang Theory - Season 6
« on: October 01, 2012, 01:09:32 AM »
Ep. 6-01 ~ THE DATE NIGHT VARIABLE

4/5

A solid season premier.

I really feel bad for Howard.  No matter what the guy does it just doesn't matter.  Here he is, an astronaut, living the nerd dream on the ISS, and he's still having to deal with shit back home.  Nobody cares how much he's accomplished and nobody ever will cuz they'll always put him down and make him wonder if it's all worth it by blaming petty shit on him.  Poor guy.

I can finally at least say that I don't hate Amy Farrah Fowler anymore.

I realize Penny isn't blameless but Leonard needs to just STFU and give her space.  How many of us guys have had a girl we like be turned off cuz we're moving too fast?  Oh, just me?  Dang.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease don't make Raj gay.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Big Bang Theory - Season 6
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:44:05 AM »
Raj is totally gay. They've hinted at it soooo many times. I wouldn't have called it on Stewart though.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »
I love the fact that he's metrosexual and I think it would be an awesome dynamic if he got a "manly" girlfriend and he played the wife-role.  That would be more interesting for sure than just going straight to being gay (oxymoronic phrase FTW).  But, meh, we'll see how it goes.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 01:24:27 AM »
Ep. 6-02 ~ THE DECOUPLING FLUCTUATION

3.5/5

Penny... is a BITCH.  I've slowly been realizing it for a while now but now it's official.

She used to be cute and "innocent" with her dumbness but now, man, she is treating Leonard like such SHIT.  Sure, part blame goes to Leonard for hanging on, but she's gotta be the biggest leader-onner in TV history, and not the "cute" type of boy-pines-for-girl storyline like Ross and Rachel.

What the eff is she waiting for?  She wants to keep Leonard in her back pocket while she shops around for a rich actor or someone to be her Sugar Daddy.

She's even admitted that she screwed up dumping Leonard and how he's a great guy, yet she won't commit to the poor guy.  Sure, she can have sex with him whenever she wants, but that's just pathetic.  She's just a spoiled brat who doesn't realize that she's not 16 years old anymore.

I think one of my fav episodes ever is when Leonard and Penny "aren't on a date" and he totally owns her.  He finally stood up to her but all that progress seems to have been for nothing cuz he just goes back to being a whimpering mess around her.

/pennyrant

I'm really enjoying Sheldon's transformation.  I think what makes it work is that he's so clueless about it.  He's doing a little more boyfriend-y stuff every week but doesn't know what's going on.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 05:31:18 AM »
I always get the feeling its going to be him and Penny who hook up by the end

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 08:15:28 AM »
Penny is in love with Leonard and she's scared as hell. Toward the end of the season we'll hear her say "I love you". Leonard will propose.

Raj... Still gay

Cat-Howard was hysterical

Offline PetFish

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 02:10:52 PM »
Yeah, I get that she loves him and is scared, but how much longer can she be that way?  It's been 2 years since the bowling alley, she's barely dated anyone, she has a crappy job, so what is she actually doing and waiting for?

Priya, I'm glad that didn't last, cuz she was manipulating him into doing w/e she wanted.

Other than Penny, Leonard hasn't been with any non-genius chicks.  I hope this season he meets a new girl who is just like Penny and it goes somewhere.

Offline Cable

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »
Ep. 6-01 ~ THE DATE NIGHT VARIABLE

4/5

A solid season premier.

Really? That was one of the worst episodes for the show in memory for myself, and the other three I watched it with also agreed.

I agree with your s6e2 rating however.  :tup
---

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 06:52:34 PM »
The moment I heard the word "Bazinga!" I knew this show had jumped the shark. I mean sure, I still enjoy the odd episode or two, but Sheldon and Raj (imo) have reached Friends level flanderization.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline PetFish

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 06:40:02 PM »
Nothing wrong with "bazinga" at all.  Every show needs a catch-phrase like "we were on a break" or "hello, Newman".

I just wish they'd do more nerdy stuff and pay homage to their geek-influences.  I've always thought it would be fun to do an "alternate reality" where everyone gets to play everyone else ie. Sheldon as Howard, Raj as Leonard, Howard as Raj, Leonard as Sheldon.  They love Star Trek so much I think this we be cool and have it as a dream or something.

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 11:49:20 AM »
Nothing wrong with "bazinga" at all.  Every show needs a catch-phrase like "we were on a break" or "hello, Newman".

I just wish they'd do more nerdy stuff and pay homage to their geek-influences.  I've always thought it would be fun to do an "alternate reality" where everyone gets to play everyone else ie. Sheldon as Howard, Raj as Leonard, Howard as Raj, Leonard as Sheldon.  They love Star Trek so much I think this we be cool and have it as a dream or something.
Have it as a dream with Sheldon vs Evil Sheldon, where like Star Trek the only difference is a goatee.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 01:35:42 PM »
^^

Nice.  But 'real' Sheldon is already Evil Sheldon so he'd have to fight Good Sheldon.  We've even already seen him with a goatee:

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 02:52:23 PM »
Shows how often I watch this show

Offline masterthes

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »
Would be like that South Park episode

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 03:11:48 PM »

Friends suffers the same ailment, it just dies from it more slowly. And I second this alternate universe idea of yours.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 03:29:08 PM »

Friends suffers the same ailment, it just dies from it more slowly. And I second this alternate universe idea of yours.

How you doin?

Offline PetFish

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 01:55:00 AM »
Ep. 6-03 ~ THE HIGGS BOSON OBSERVATION

4.5/5

Really great episode.  What makes it shine are the small, quick jokes that you have to be paying attention to or else you'll miss them.

Leonard flirting with Alex knowing Raj can't speak is gold and so is Amy "scenting" her territory... including Penny's apartment before they became BFF's.

When is Howie getting home?  His character and acting talents are being completely wasted right now.  He space-gags aren't even a little funny.

I've always wondered how Penny can afford her place when she only works part-time for minimum wage and tips while across the hall it takes TWO doctors with steady jobs to pay for their place.  We know she has no money and doesn't come from wealth so what's the deal?  I've never heard any sort of explaination.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 02:37:48 AM »
Well, the financial situation is kinda weird. Because in one episode, Sheldon states that if he could afford the rent by himself, he wouldn't have taken in Leonard, but in another episode he borrows Penny cash, and he has lots of it. It's kinda hard to believe that he would be able to stash so much away just by having Leonard contributing with 50% of the rent.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 05:52:13 AM »
How sitcom characters afford their places is just a leap in logic that comes along with most sitcoms.

Apparently the show Two Broke Girls was based around this premise of how people afford their homes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 07:53:28 AM »
Great episode. It looks like Penny is finally starting to realize how she really feels about Leonard.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 03:33:50 PM »
One day, hopefully soon, she'll grab Leonard and start pulling him along to her bed like she always does and gets what she wants... but after a few steps Leonard will stop and rip his hand away and say "I've had enough.  You always get what you want and I've been insecure enough with myself to just go along with it.  It's time you realized that I'm my own man now and not just your boytoy to play with whenever you want."  Then walk away.

I've said, I really love the one where Leonard has balls and while they're out he doesn't just pay for everything or do what she says.  They need to take this character trait and expand on it.  I hate that Penny just gets what she wants, be it from Leonard or Amy or anyone, she was even a bully in high school.

Come on, writers, grow some permanent balls on Leonard FFS.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 05:17:44 PM »
after a few steps Leonard will stop and rip his hand away and say "I've had enough.  You always get what you want and I've been insecure enough with myself to just go along with it.  It's time you realized that I'm my own man now and not just your boytoy to play with whenever you want."  Then walk away.

Dude. Totally.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 06:56:02 PM »
This is why I stopped watching the show. 6 years on and virtually no character development for Leonard.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline PetFish

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »
Ep. 6-04 ~ THE RE-ENTRY MINIMIZATION

4/5

OMG, poor Howard!  The guy JUST GOT BACK from SPACE and nobody gives a shit, except for Bernie, but she got sick.  But the rest of his friends, (or as MP might say, "friends")... COME ON!  Howie is doing shit that you've all dreamed about and fantasized about and you can't even welcome him back?  Oh, you were all scared for him to actually go, but now it's all same-old-same-old?  What a bunch of sucky "friends".  Yeah, Bernie was supposed to have him the first night but when she got sick and he walks in the door his "friends" should have jumped up and welcomed him back, even if they had pie all over their faces.  I'd think your "best friend/acquaintance" returning from SPACE would be a priority.

Other than that, lots of funny little moments in this one, but none greater than when Penny flipped Sheldon and started kissing him and then Amy joined in.  Gold, Jerry, GOLD!

Sheldon drawing "the present" of them playing Pictionary in the living room was also great.

Offline theliloutkast

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
"Now we fill each others holes."

That's fucking hilarious.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 12:51:54 PM »
Bernadette looked hot as fuck in that Halloween costume.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 01:03:14 PM »
You're only saying that because she made an Avatar joke.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 01:04:32 PM »
You're only saying that because she made an Avatar joke.

No. She looked super sexy.

Fun fact. That was the fourth Avatar reference the Big Bang Theory has made.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 01:05:35 PM »
It was a joke.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 11:32:44 PM »
Bernadette looked hot as fuck in that Halloween costume.

I wish her and Penny would just have a pillow fight already.  Bring Sheldon's sister along just for good measure.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 02:21:41 AM »
Ep. 6-04 ~ THE HOLOGRAPHIC EXCITATION

5/5

This episode hit on all cylinders.

Weren't we just talking about how much of a selfish douche Penny is?  She really showed it this episode but at least someone finally tells her about it and I'm happy, but man, she really comes off as a dumb blonde in this one.  I remember on Letterman or somewhere a few years ago how she was excited about being a non-stereotypical blonde chick in the show but I never saw it... she's always been stereotypically blonde.

As much as I love Howard, he was a turd in this episode for sure, but I thought Bernadette really kicked ass... "I'll be washing blue paint out of my Smurf for a month!"  and "I don't sound like that" after Howard's spot-on impersonation of her.

I think my favourite moment was in the beginning when Leonard goes to fist-bump Sheldon and Sheldon shakes his fist.  Priceless.

Offline theliloutkast

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 03:25:50 PM »
The quality of writing this season has really improved from the last two seasons  :tup

I had low expectations for this season, and I was dead wrong. These are one of those times I'm happy I was wrong.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 07:55:03 AM »
I remember on Letterman or somewhere a few years ago how she was excited about being a non-stereotypical blonde chick in the show but I never saw it... she's always been stereotypically blonde.
I think originally she was much more world intelligent, just tight financially.  Whereas she used to be the one that was easier to relate to against all the creepy nerds, the creepy nerds have grown and she's devolved.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 03:14:12 PM »
I think originally she was much more world intelligent, just tight financially.  Whereas she used to be the one that was easier to relate to against all the creepy nerds, the creepy nerds have grown and she's devolved.

She must have Barclay's Protomorphosis Syndrome.

I was just trying to think of when she'd EVER done something nice for anyone that wasn't self-serving and I came up with, maybe there's more, but I'm stumped:

- Leonard Nimoy's autographed napkin
- She bought mint-in-box 1974 Star Trek transporters for Sheldon and Leonard
- She fought Alicia cuz she was using them (but I guess ultimately this is self-serving cuz that's what she does anyway)
- She kicked Todd Zarnecky in the balls (but they had to ask for her help, she didn't volunteer)

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »
What about when she tried to help Raj with the blind golddigger? :P